It is currently: May 23, '24, 10:37 am

What are some of the biggest plot holes in movies?

Talk about movies and television in here!

What are some of the biggest plot holes in movies?

Postby Everlong » Oct 29, '13, 10:50 am

Saw this question on Reddit. My favorite answer:

"In The Santa Clause (yes the Tim Allen one) it always bothered me as a kid that the parents don't believe in Santa Clause, but they never brought up the fact that there are presents on Christmas morning delivered by Santa that weren't purchased by the parents.

If Santa existed in these movies then he would've delivered presents to their kids, so why wouldn't they wake up on Christmas morning and think "hmm.. I didn't get Tommy this skateboard. I guess Santa is real!""

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: What are some of the biggest plot holes in movies?

Postby Settee » Oct 29, '13, 8:52 pm

reyflyinfury619 wrote:Saw this question on Reddit. My favorite answer:

"In The Santa Clause (yes the Tim Allen one) it always bothered me as a kid that the parents don't believe in Santa Clause, but they never brought up the fact that there are presents on Christmas morning delivered by Santa that weren't purchased by the parents.

If Santa existed in these movies then he would've delivered presents to their kids, so why wouldn't they wake up on Christmas morning and think "hmm.. I didn't get Tommy this skateboard. I guess Santa is real!""

Wow, that is one major plot hole that I never noticed.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 49

Postby Kyle » Oct 30, '13, 7:14 pm

The Lord of the Rings. They could have just flown to Mount Doom.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby Viazon » Oct 30, '13, 7:45 pm

The Cable Guy.

Over all, I am probably one of the few people who actually enjoyed that movie. I'm not sure if this counts as a plot hole or the characters in the movie are just supposed to be stupid, but I think this may count.

Matthew Broderick, throughout the movie, is shown as a somewhat timid, placid, well meaning, all round nice guy. He then gets arrested for all of the stolen goods in his apartment and tries to tell the police and his father that the stuff was put there by Jim Carrey.

Now, despite being a normal, decent guy who probably has never done a bad thing in his life, when he has dinner with his family, which Jim Carrey has gate crashed, his family takes side with a stranger they have just met when the two of them get into an argument. And they don't believe them when he tries to tell them what he is really like, even though he has already tried to tell people that it was his cable guy who gave him all of the stolen goods.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Matteo » Oct 30, '13, 9:21 pm

Kyle wrote:The Lord of the Rings. They could have just flown to Mount Doom.

I don't think this is a plot hole.

Matteo Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 195

Postby Westcoastvibes » Oct 30, '13, 9:37 pm

In transformers revenge of the fallen, agent Simmons is looking at the sky from that monument in Jordan where they find the matrix and says he can see the air force and they brought optomis, yet the air force drops optomis by the pyramids in Egypt that is hundreds of miles away from the temple in Jordan.

Plus, it only takes them minutes to drive there, plus the one that bugs me the most - the us armed forces deliver helicopters, jets, tanks, a C130 flying gunship, a surface to air rocket launching truck, a hovercraft or two and countless men to a location that has only been known for less than 5 minutes

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby rawisjericho » Nov 02, '13, 1:05 am

All the Back To The Future movies have too many to list, but I still like all 3.

rawisjericho None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Postby UTK » Nov 02, '13, 11:03 am

rawisjericho wrote:All the Back To The Future movies have too many to list, but I still like all 3.

Yes. I love them, but boy the more you look at them the less sense they make.

Semi-related, when I was watching the Hobbit, I thought, "Why didn't they just get those big-ass birds to fly them the rest of the way?"

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Kyle » Nov 02, '13, 7:59 pm

NoDQ wrote:

I don't think this is a plot hole.

There wouldn't need to be a plot in the first place if they just flew there.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Return to Movies and TV