It is currently: Apr 23, '24, 5:55 am

TNMT

Talk about movies and television in here!

TNMT

Postby War Daddy » Aug 05, '14, 7:51 pm

HAs anybody seen this yet? I kinda want too. Although reviews arent looking great for it.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 122

Re: TNMT

Postby JDD » Aug 05, '14, 7:58 pm

Dont have the highest hopes for it but just like with Transformers, ill be there opening day. Im whats wrong with America. But ill even it out by watching Guardians of the Galaxy acouple more times :D

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 78

Postby Str8Shooter » Aug 05, '14, 8:04 pm

It's a Bay movie, the reviews were never going to be that great for it.

I'm still gonna see it at some point though, TMNT was a large part of my childhood and the if nothing else the nostalgia will make it decent to me. Also I don't mind seeing shit blow up :P

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby JDD » Aug 05, '14, 8:17 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:It's a Bay movie, the reviews were never going to be that great for it.

People keep calling it a Bay movie when he's the producer and not the director. No one refers to the MCU films as Kevin Fiege's (insert MCU movie here) and no one said Christopher Nolan's Man of Steel when that was out. Dont get why people keep saying Michael Bay's TMNT :lol

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby Str8Shooter » Aug 05, '14, 9:22 pm

JDD wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:It's a Bay movie, the reviews were never going to be that great for it.

People keep calling it a Bay movie when he's the producer and not the director. No one refers to the MCU films as Kevin Fiege's (insert MCU movie here) and no one said Christopher Nolan's Man of Steel when that was out. Dont get why people keep saying Michael Bay's TMNT :lol

Because they want to rip it and Bay being involved is an easy scapegoat.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby SKS » Aug 05, '14, 9:35 pm

Nothing about the trailers have me thinking that it's going to be good. I just think the turtles look weird. Megan Fox isn't a great actress. Idk. I might see it, but to be honest, I'd rather pay to see Guardians again.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby Ace » Aug 06, '14, 1:17 am

SKS wrote:I just think the turtles look weird. Megan Fox isn't a great actress.

I agree with both these statements. Ever since the trailer for TMNT was released, I never liked the turtles look. That being said, I do think that if 4 turtles & a sewer rat really mutated because of a foreign chemical they'd probably look like this incarnation of them. So I guess it's a more realistic approach. Better than the 90's puppetry they used.

Fox playing April O'Neal is definitely a mistake. Doesn't really make sense.

But like JDD said, I'll be there on opening day :P Love the turtles!

Ace Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 35
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby blackparade » Aug 06, '14, 3:51 am

I'll go see it, but my biggest issue is that Johnny Knoxville is Leonardo and didn't do anything to change his voice, so it'll be like I'm watching a long episode of Jackass with Knoxville in a turtle suit.....

blackparade Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 1

Postby War Daddy » Aug 06, '14, 4:03 am

blackparade wrote:I'll go see it, but my biggest issue is that Johnny Knoxville is Leonardo and didn't do anything to change his voice, so it'll be like I'm watching a long episode of Jackass with Knoxville in a turtle suit.....

Hahaha I totally forgot bout that!

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author
Topics: 122

Postby Kreashko » Jun 26, '16, 8:33 am

I prefer the 90s TMNT movies to the new(er) ones. I don't know why, maybe it's a retro nostalgia thing.

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 45

Return to Movies and TV