It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 3:56 am

Do you still buy Blu-Ray's/DVD's?

Talk about movies and television in here!

Do you still buy Blu-Ray's/DVD's?

Postby JDD » Jun 24, '14, 10:18 am

Alot of people i know just torrent movies, or if they buy it they purchase a digital copy. Some just wait until its on Netflix. Do you still buy physical copies of movies/tv shows? I do for the same reason i buy my games from gamestop instead of straight on my xbox. I like having physical copies of things. If i see a good deal on a blu-ray ill buy it even if the movie is available on Netflix.

What about you guys?

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 78

Re: Do you still buy Blu-Ray's/DVD's?

Postby SlightlyJames » Jun 24, '14, 10:22 am

Nah, I don't really see the point in it honestly. Much more convenient to just have something on my PC.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 275

Postby xgamr » Jun 25, '14, 5:13 am

i stopped for tv shows unless i want it. still buy movies on dvd/bluray so i also get the UV copy and put it on my vudu account

xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 21

Postby SortaCreative » Jun 25, '14, 6:18 am

I do. You dont get the same quality unless you find a monster 30gig torrent.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby VaderBomb » Jun 25, '14, 11:57 am

I'll post a photo of my collection when I get around to taking it. My favorites are the Criterion Collection, which are mostly world classics cleaned up to the highest order and chock full of great supplements. I also really enjoy collecting original box art horror movies. I sort of set up my living room like an old video rental shop, which is very nostalgic for me. The vibe brings me back to my childhood of looking at all these mysterious and creepy boxes lining the walls of video stores and wanting to see them all. The VHS cover and box is an art form that is sadly almost extinct.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Kreashko » Jun 26, '16, 8:35 am

I NEVER got into Blu-Rays. Now as for DVD's, only if its a collectors set or simply a movie I HAVE to actually physically have.

Having a movie rather than streaming a movie DEFINITELY are two different things.

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 45

Return to Movies and TV