It is currently: Apr 15, '24, 11:39 pm

Looking forward to any films yet to be released this year?

Talk about movies and television in here!

Looking forward to any films yet to be released this year?

Postby prophet » Oct 18, '13, 1:52 pm

I'd say these are some of the films I'm still excited to see in the cinema.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elczv0ghqw0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idAVRvQeYAE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5zfgs0F620[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MSrAwfagG4[/youtube]

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Looking forward to any films yet to be released this yea

Postby Everlong » Oct 18, '13, 1:59 pm

I'm real pumped for Wolf of Wall Street. Leo + Scorcese is always a good time.

Ditto for Anchorman 2. I'm always iffy about comedies, especially comedy sequels, but this one looks like it could really be hilarious.

Hadn't heard of American Hustle, but that looks really interesting. Looks like another role that Christian Bale will just disappear into. Also GODDAMN Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Adams are lookin fine.

Here's a couple I'm looking forward to as well:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5kYmrjongg[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPVWy1tFXuc[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CElN2XzquGM[/youtube]

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby Matteo » Oct 18, '13, 2:46 pm

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. Despite the film getting some mediocre reviews, it looks like an epic, feel-good tale with stunning visuals ands wicked soundtrack.

Also, Terry Gilliam's new film.

Matteo Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 195

Postby Everlong » Oct 18, '13, 2:53 pm

NoDQ wrote:The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. Despite the film getting some mediocre reviews, it looks like an epic, feel-good tale with stunning visuals ands wicked soundtrack.

Also, Terry Gilliam's new film.

I forgot about the Walter Mitty one! Looks really interesting.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » Oct 18, '13, 3:01 pm

I thought Walter Mitty looked interesting, but it's not getting mediocre reviews. It's getting slated. So I don't have high hopes for it at this point. Though I might still check it out because it seems like the kind of thing I might want to have my own opinion on. And there's always the chance that it is good, just a little unusual in a way that puts people off. There are a couple of weird fantasy movies that I really like that weren't fully appreciated by the critics for that reason.

Wolf of Wall Street looks like it could be interesting. And I really loved the first Hunger Games movie, so I'm definitely watching Catching Fire in the cinema. I still want to see Rush and Prisoners too. And I feel like there's something else that came out recently that I wanted to see that I'm forgetting ...

Other than that I can't think of much. The Hobbit movie doesn't interest me - I really liked the book, but since I heard they were splitting it into three parts I really haven't been very interested in the series. And while I enjoyed the first Anchorman, since I first heard about the sequel I've felt it was destined to disappoint. Will Ferrell has been trying to recreate the success of this movie for years to no avail. And this long after the original was made, I just don't think the magic will be there anymore. I'd catch it on Netflix or something, to see what it was like. But I wouldn't go to the cinema to watch it.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby prophet » Oct 18, '13, 6:47 pm

^

You're possibly thinking of Captain Phillips starring Tom Hanks. I've just got back from seeing that I thoroughly enjoyed it. Another film I'm interested in seeing that hasn't been released here yet is Gravity - can anyone who's seen it let me know if it's any good? Apparently it's out in the US and I'm aware it's been critically acclaimed.

Walter Mitty looked AMAZING to me when I first saw the trailer and saying that all the trailers for the film have looked epic but yeah the crtics have pretty much said it's average which is really disappointing. I'll still go see it in the cinema to judge for myself but yeah, upset it's not living up to the hype the trailers caused.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby VaderBomb » Oct 18, '13, 11:53 pm

New Coen Brother's film Inside Lewyn Davis looks as if it could be spectacular. Malick is shooting a new project, and Wes Anderson's new film The Grand Budapest Hotel trailer dropped a couple days ago. Speaking of directors named Anderson... PT Anderson's Inherent Vice could very well become an all time classic considering how he's been progressing. Any of these four films could easily be masterpieces. Cinema is moving in the right direction as far as brilliant directors go, otherwise it's the opposite.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Matteo » Oct 19, '13, 2:13 am

^ Yeah, Inside Lewyn Davis looks remarkable. There is a real Bob Dylan-esque vibe to it.

Matteo Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 195

Postby Settee » Oct 19, '13, 12:07 pm

Thor 2, Anchorman 2, and The Hobbit Desolation of Smaug.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 49

Postby Kyle » Oct 20, '13, 12:44 am

Basically what prophet put down.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Return to Movies and TV