It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 5:53 pm

Incredibles 2 & Cars 3 Announced.

Talk about movies and television in here!

Incredibles 2 & Cars 3 Announced.

Postby Daz » Mar 20, '14, 12:15 pm

Disney Chairman and CEO Robert A. Iger today announced that Pixar Animation Studios is developing a third big screen Cars adventure as well as a sequel to Brad Bird's 2004 superhero adventure The Incredibles. The announcement was made during a meeting of shareholders and D23 Members during the company's annual meeting today in Portland, Oregon.

Directed by John Lasseter, the original Cars was released in 2006 and featured the voice talents of OWen Wilson, Larry the Cable the Guy, Bonnie Hunt, Paul Newman and many more. A sequel, Cars 2, was released in 2011 with Disneytoon Studios taking over the property for a spinoff feature, Planes, that was released to the big screen last year. A sequel to that film, Planes: Fire & Rescue is set for release on July 18, also from Disneytoon. Cars 3, however, appears set for development through Pixar directly.

A sequel to The Incredibles, meanwhile, has been requested by fans for the past decade with the original film's writer/director Brad Bird having said in the past that he's open to another adventure, but only if it has a truly great story idea behind it. There's no confirmation yet of Bird's involvement, but he remains closely tied to Disney. His next film, the live-action Tomorrowland, arrives from Walt Disney Pictures on May 22, 2015.

Check back for more information on both projects as they develop!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=116154

Not sure how I feel about this. Never been a fan of the Cars franchise but there you go. Incredibles was a tremendous film, and everything the Fantastic Four should be. But it's been a long time since the first. Monsters University was a fair followup to Monsters Inc, and if they can get Brad Bird back, I could get on board. Otherwise, there doesn't seem like a whole lot of point in doing it ... you know, other than the money.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 25

Re: Incredibles 2 & Cars 3 Announced.

Postby Locke » Mar 20, '14, 12:18 pm

I loved Cars 1, I don't like Cars 2, so hopefully the third goes back to its roots. I'd like to take my son to see that one, he's a huge Cars fan and has been since he turned 2 (he just recently turned 3).

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 137

Postby Everlong » Mar 20, '14, 12:18 pm

I've still never actually seen The Incredibles. But I'm not really sure why they're going with Cars 3, the only thing I can think of is that it's been one of their biggest merchandise sellers. But it's definitely their worst franchise.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » Mar 20, '14, 12:19 pm

Well Cars is shit, that's nothing to get excited about. That's the one Pixar franchise that seems to be aimed solely at kids, which is fair enough. I just know to avoid it now.

I'm torn on the Incredibles sequel. I like Pixar most when they're exploring cool, interesting new concepts. Like Up, Wall-E, Monsters Inc (before the sequel) and the original Incredibles. I think I'd rather see them doing something new than once again revisiting old territory.

On the other hand though, Incredibles was a fantastic film and it would actually have a lot of potential for creating interesting sequel(s). Much more so than Monsters Inc, which was an awesome film but which seemed to have nowhere else to go without forcing it afterwards.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Daz » Mar 20, '14, 12:21 pm

Everlong wrote:I've still never actually seen The Incredibles. But I'm not really sure why they're going with Cars 3, the only thing I can think of is that it's been one of their biggest merchandise sellers. But it's definitely their worst franchise.

Didn't they do a straight to DVD spin off called Planes as well? I see why they'd do it from a business standpoint, but creatively, what the hell is there left to do?

Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby ShaneOfan » Mar 20, '14, 12:31 pm

Daz wrote:
Everlong wrote:I've still never actually seen The Incredibles. But I'm not really sure why they're going with Cars 3, the only thing I can think of is that it's been one of their biggest merchandise sellers. But it's definitely their worst franchise.

Didn't they do a straight to DVD spin off called Planes as well? I see why they'd do it from a business standpoint, but creatively, what the hell is there left to do?

Planes was not direct to DVD but yeah. There is also a Planes 2 coming out.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby Daz » Mar 20, '14, 12:40 pm

ShaneOfan wrote:
Daz wrote:

They released that theatrically? Jesus.

Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Viazon » Mar 20, '14, 12:43 pm

I never saw anything special about Cars. It was OK I suppose. I really loved The Incredibles though. Thought it was a great movie. I would be up for a sequel.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby ShaneOfan » Mar 20, '14, 12:45 pm

Daz wrote:
ShaneOfan wrote:
Daz wrote:

They released that theatrically? Jesus.

Yeah it was originally slated for direct to dvd but they figured it would be popular enough and launched it on Aug 9th

Join the PCW!

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby prophet » Mar 20, '14, 12:53 pm

Am I the only one shocked they never actually made an Incredibles 2 already?!

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Ace » Mar 20, '14, 12:54 pm

Well Cars was decent. Cars 2 sucked. The Incredibles was awesome so a sequel will be awesome. Hope they don't screw these movies up...

Ace Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 35
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby ShaneOfan » Mar 20, '14, 12:55 pm

prophet wrote:Am I the only one shocked they never actually made an Incredibles 2 already?!

Yeah I'm surprised they managed to shit out "Cars 2" and "Planes" before they got to it but they are just trying to sell toys and bed spreads and "Cars" and "Planes" sold better.

Join the PCW!

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Return to Movies and TV