It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 5:07 am

Doctor Who

Talk about movies and television in here!

Doctor Who

Postby Enygma » Oct 08, '13, 1:15 pm

We got any Who fans here?

If so, discuss all things Who here.

Here are a few starting points:

Are you looking forward to the 50th Anniversary?
Are you excited for Peter Capaldi being the 12th Doctor?

Discuss away! :tim

Credit to Romo for the sig.

Arrive. Dare To Zlatan. Leave.
Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 27

Re: Doctor Who

Postby ShaneOfan » Oct 08, '13, 1:17 pm

I've tried, I really did. I saw something with living mannequins, a face stretched out over a wood frame and a few others. I feel like I am missing something.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 260

Postby Enygma » Oct 08, '13, 1:18 pm

ShaneOfan wrote:I've tried, I really did. I saw something with living mannequins, a face stretched out over a wood frame and a few others. I feel like I am missing something.

Who played the Doctor? Was it a Matt Smith episode? (for both you mentioned btw)

Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topic Author

Postby ShaneOfan » Oct 08, '13, 1:21 pm

AndJusticeForAll wrote:
ShaneOfan wrote:I've tried, I really did. I saw something with living mannequins, a face stretched out over a wood frame and a few others. I feel like I am missing something.

Who played the Doctor? Was it a Matt Smith episode? (for both you mentioned btw)

I think it was Christopher Eccleston

edit: the first two episodes of this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who_%28series_1%29

Last edited by ShaneOfan on Oct 08, '13, 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby Enygma » Oct 08, '13, 1:23 pm

ShaneOfan wrote:
AndJusticeForAll wrote:

I think it was Christopher Eccleston

Ah the Face strecthed will be Lady Cassandra(?) I think. Voiced by Zoe Wanamaker too. Also the living mannequins are the Autons.

Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topic Author

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 08, '13, 1:40 pm

I was a big fan of Capaldi in The Thick of It so I hope he can do a good job as the Doctor.

The anniversary special is shaping up to be pretty damn awesome, it'll be good to see Tennant back and find out what's going on with John Hurt (8th Doctor?).

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Enygma » Oct 08, '13, 1:49 pm

SlightlyJames wrote:I was a big fan of Capaldi in The Thick of It so I hope he can do a good job as the Doctor.

The anniversary special is shaping up to be pretty damn awesome, it'll be good to see Tennant back and find out what's going on with John Hurt (8th Doctor?).

I heard he was actaully the 9th Doctor thus making Eccleston 10th, Tennant 11th and Smith 12th

Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » Oct 08, '13, 1:54 pm

I've watched all of the Eccleston stuff and some of Tennant's run too. Though I prefer Eccleston's portrayal.

The show is great on occasion, but it's wildly inconsistent. Sometimes the plots are just really random and silly and filled with plot devices. But sometimes they're really interesting with cool high concepts and intriguing mysteries. You never really know what the next episode is going to be like.

I'm looking forward to getting to the Stephen Moffat episodes, because he's one of the more talented writers in the industry, so I imagine the stuff he's done on the show must be of a fairly high standard.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 08, '13, 1:55 pm

AndJusticeForAll wrote:
SlightlyJames wrote:I was a big fan of Capaldi in The Thick of It so I hope he can do a good job as the Doctor.

I heard he was actaully the 9th Doctor thus making Eccleston 10th, Tennant 11th and Smith 12th

It's possible, basically the general feeling is that he's the Doctor who did all the stuff during the time war, the principal is the same, whether he's an older version of 8 or the real 9.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 08, '13, 2:10 pm

Hanley! wrote:I'm looking forward to getting to the Stephen Moffat episodes, because he's one of the more talented writers in the industry, so I imagine the stuff he's done on the show must be of a fairly high standard.

Honestly I wouldn't expect too much. He had written a lot of my favourite episodes before he took over as the main guy but I've got to say I've been by and large disappointed by his run in charge. I like Matt Smith and I've enjoyed the companions he's had but Moffat tries really hard to hype people up for the overarching plot and more often than not it's really disappointing. It kind of cheapens the individual stories in some respects.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Enygma » Oct 10, '13, 5:09 pm

Some old episodes that were missing have been found

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/

Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topic Author

Postby Enygma » Oct 19, '13, 3:31 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loGm3vT8EAQ[/youtube]

Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topic Author

Postby Enygma » Nov 19, '13, 8:24 am

bump.

Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topic Author

Postby Enygma » Nov 24, '13, 2:56 pm

That 50th Anniversary was AMAZING.

Loved Capaldi and Baker's cameos.

Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topic Author

Return to Movies and TV