It is currently: May 22, '24, 2:34 am

Star Wars advice

Talk about movies and television in here!

Re: Star Wars advice

Postby SlightlyJames » Jan 09, '14, 12:57 pm

Everlong wrote:^^You saw the prequels first?!?!?

I did, as well. Actually enjoyed Phantom Menace for what it was as a 6 year old.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 275

Postby Locke » Jan 09, '14, 1:22 pm

Hanley! wrote:Given that this should have been one of the most coveted roles in the world at the time, it's fascinating that they ended up picking someone who was so ill prepared for the role.

Well, for what it's worth, I think anyone that would claim that Mark Hamill was good at acting is off their rocker, but I guess he wouldn't have known his role was to be coveted while Hayden did. I thought the way Hamill acted and some of the ways he delivered the lines were pretty cringe-worthy, and probably would have been equally as cringe-worthy to the prequels had they added heavier romance bits to the original Star Wars. Not that I'm a big Hayden fanboy, but given they had to do a poorly written romance I think a lot of his poor performance can be blamed on how lame ass that script was. Plus, with it being Natalie Portman, there was really no need for such flashy romance. Shoulda just been bonin' and groanin' and bam, next scene, done, over, moving on. :lol

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 137

Postby Hanley! » Jan 09, '14, 1:46 pm

I saw some clips of the original trilogy on television as a young kid, but hadn't sat down to watch them properly. I just wasn't too interested because of my age. Obviously I still knew the big plot points though, like Vader being Luke's father because it's so iconic.

I think I was like 12, maybe 13 when Phantom Menace came out. I saw the prequels in the cinema with friends as we used to go to all the new releases together back then. And they kinda put me off from seeing the originals, I guess. I only watched all 3 movies in full for the first time last year. Glad I did though. 4 & 5 are great movies and 6 is a good one.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Settee » Jan 09, '14, 2:02 pm

SlightlyJames wrote:

I did, as well. Actually enjoyed Phantom Menace for what it was as a 6 year old.

I think we all have to admit the fact that, Darth Maul was a badass. The double sided lightsaber was awesome.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 49

Previous

Return to Movies and TV