It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 6:56 am

Surviving R Kelly

Talk about movies and television in here!

Surviving R Kelly

Postby AkydefGoldberg » May 24, '19, 3:22 am

I'd seen a UK documentary on R Kelly about his "cult" at his home involving young girls, however I got round to watching six hours worth of the Surviving R Kelly documentary, that is in-depth going from his original court case beginning from 2002 to the actual trial in 2008.

Hearing the actual details of the first case, how it came about and what it entailed in the actual infamous video was awful to watch and shows the depravity of his mind.

Luckily, the Me Too movement and Time's Up has accelerated the focus on R Kelly and there seems to be an impact financially on him with the cancellation of shows and unlikely last time, he's not been able to dish out albums with the murky allegations around him hidden behind his popular tunes.

The testimony of the girls and their parents are powerful, and he has been charged recently but let's hope it doesn't take another six years for him to face a court case in which time has lessened the impact.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Return to Movies and TV