It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 9:15 am

The Office U.S

Talk about movies and television in here!

The Office U.S

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Dec 14, '18, 6:15 am

Now, as an avid fan of original UK version of The Office, I'd not paid much attention to the US version of the sitcom (probably due to the fact it wasn't shown as availably here in the UK and I watched the pilot that wasn't great as due to the the differences, it didn't work) which, seemed to be doing successful in its run and went over a longer period of time.

Comedy Central are showing the US Office and I thought I'd give it a go (in between looking after the little ones of course as time is a premium these days!). I have to say, it doesn't have the same cringe-worthyness as much as the UK for me, but having got season 3, there are some enjoyable lol moments (my favourite episode is Women's Appreciation) and watching Carrell, he's really distinguished Michael Scott as his own character compared to Brent and the supporting cast have their own individual personalities more so than the UK (this may be a consequence of having a longer series to flesh those out) and the main cast performances are unique as well although Jim's constant looks to the camera are a tad repetitive across a long season.

But yes, enjoying it so far.

Anyone watch it or watch both version, what ya think?

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: The Office U.S

Postby KaiserGlider » Dec 14, '18, 11:17 am

AkydefGoldberg wrote:although Jim's constant looks to the camera are a tad repetitive across a long season.

I love the office. Michael Scott is the best character and he has so many funny moments.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 472

Postby Everlong » Dec 15, '18, 6:05 pm

The Office is one of my all time favorite shows. It has so much heart. The first three seasons are great, the fourth and fifth are decent, after that it gets pretty dicey but while it's good it's really good.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jan 22, '19, 7:00 am

Everlong wrote:The Office is one of my all time favorite shows. It has so much heart. The first three seasons are great, the fourth and fifth are decent, after that it gets pretty dicey but while it's good it's really good.

This, having got to end of the series 5 starting into 6 with Jim/Pam's wedding and the former's promotion as co-manager (loved that stretch of episodes - I don't get to watch much TV these days but have made half hour slots to watch this after work), is so true. It helps the US version had a long run so we never got to see that in the UK version (it was primarily about a handful of primary characters) but to see the depth of Kevin, Meredith, Angela etc all adds to it so much.

I would say atm, Scott > Brent overall yet the cringeworthy moments of the latter leave a stronger memory but the former in someways is someone you can root for.

Interesting so many producers of the show are in it (Novak, Kaling, Scott) and that some characters use their real first names in the show (I think, judging by the credits)

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Return to Movies and TV