It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 8:32 am

The Assassination Of Gianni Versace - American Crime Story

Talk about movies and television in here!

The Assassination Of Gianni Versace - American Crime Story

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Mar 29, '18, 9:27 am

I'd barely remembered he was shot dead but this drama on Gianni Versace's Assasination and the journey his killer, Andrew Cunanan, takes is a most enjoyable watch.

I'd missed the highly talked about The People v OJ Simpson but glad I'm tuning into this - the actor who plays Cunanan reminds me of a American Psycho Patrick Bateman, in terms of his mannerisms at times and the way he fluctuates in moods. Penelope Cruz is good as Donnatella.

It's on 6th episode next week, with three to go on BBC 2 at 9pm.

Heard there's a second season coming?

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: The Assassination Of Gianni Versace - American Crime Story

Postby The Legend » Mar 29, '18, 9:52 am

I haven't caught this, but I'm watching USA's series on the Tupac and Biggie murders right now and find it very interesting.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Mar 31, '18, 9:38 am

The Legend wrote:I haven't caught this, but I'm watching USA's series on the Tupac and Biggie murders right now and find it very interesting.

Ah, yes I do remember that a series was being made on a book I've read by Greg Lading which is definitive, IMO, on how the murders went down. Let us know your thoughts just on the chance it's shown in the UK at some point

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Apr 30, '18, 9:48 am

If anyone hasn't seen this or comes across it, definitely worth watching.

I had no idea about who Cunanan was or his backstory or even vaguely knew Versace was shot dead in 1997 but Criss' performance is the stand-out part. Incidentally, I didn't know the actor himself has a Filipino background as seeing the original Cunanan, thought it may have been a case of whitewashing but all in all, a fantastic series.

Amazing how even before he killed Versace he had killed a handful of people before yet no real significant effort by the authorities to nail him down before the murder.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Return to Movies and TV