It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 4:17 pm

Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling (GLOW) on Netflix

Talk about movies and television in here!

Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling (GLOW) on Netflix

Postby KaiserGlider » Jun 25, '17, 11:38 pm

I'm a couple episodes in and it's really good. Check it out if you're a wrestling fan, and have fun recognizing all the wrestlers that make cameo appearances.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling (GLOW) on Netflix

Postby DBSoT » Jun 26, '17, 11:49 am

I am through episode 6 and it really is an entertaining show. It is a bit like Orange is the New Black in terms of its presentation. That was expected since it was created by some of the same people. The development of the women from normal people to gimmick driven wrestlers is quite interesting. I really liked the explanation and execution of explaining why a heel makes a face and why stereotypes were such a common things in 80s wrestling. The cameos by
Spoiler:
Brodus Clay
Spoiler:
Carlito
and
Spoiler:
John Morrison
were all really cool to see. The best cameo was
Spoiler:
Alex Riley
. He did a solid job. It also made me miss his awesome entrance music.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 218

Postby KaiserGlider » Jun 26, '17, 1:59 pm

I think I'm at about the same spot in the show currently, just finished the episode with Alex Riley (who looked like way more of a star than he ever has). I had a feeling that was Carlito, just didn't get enough of a shot of his face to be sure.

I could be wrong but I think Awesome Kong is the only member of the main cast who is a wrestler, and she does a pretty good job.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Postby Hanley! » Jun 26, '17, 3:32 pm

We've watched the first three episodes so far. I'm still on the fence about it. Kinda funny at times, but it doesn't work at others. And miraculously they seem to have found a way to make Alison Brie unlikable. It's still keeping me interested though, so I'll try the next handful of episodes to see if I warm to it.

Pretty cool that the show got made in any case. I'm hoping the deeper they delve into the wrestling promotion, the more I'll enjoy it.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to Movies and TV