It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 7:30 pm

Star Wars Ep. 8 Trailer is LIVE!!

Talk about movies and television in here!

Star Wars Ep. 8 Trailer is LIVE!!

Postby Everlong » Apr 14, '17, 10:41 am

MAY THE HYPE BE WITH YOU

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Star Wars Ep. 8 Trailer is LIVE!!

Postby Hanley! » Apr 14, '17, 2:37 pm

Pretty meh trailer. Doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know.

I don't really dislike it but don't like it either. It's not trying to sell people on the film, it's basically just reminding everyone that this film is coming. Which is fine. But I do find it crazy that there are hour long videos on Youtube already discussing this trailer and fawning over how great it was, when it was kind of nothing.

That being said, I'm looking forward to the film. I think it could be really good. This trailer just didn't get me even an iota more excited than I was already.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby Everlong » Apr 15, '17, 7:27 am

Hanley! wrote:I don't really dislike it but don't like it either. It's not trying to sell people on the film, it's basically just reminding everyone that this film is coming.

That's basically the purpose of teaser trailers. We'll get the actual full-length trailer in a couple months.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » Apr 15, '17, 7:44 am

Yeah, I get the point of the teaser trailer. That doesn't bug me - I see their purpose. But I get irritated by the section of the media, the Youtube community and the fandom who talk for hours about nothing trailers and read things into them that aren't there, and more particularly who attack anyone for having a negative or even a neutral opinion to these trailers.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to Movies and TV