It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 5:17 pm

The Walking Dead is done for another season

Talk about movies and television in here!

The Walking Dead is done for another season

Postby prophet » Apr 03, '17, 4:06 am

The single worst season of a series I've ever seen has finally ended. I watched the entire thing though I'm not sure why (routine? loyalty? idk?) but I can now say with the utmost certainty that I won't be coming back for season 8. I'm done with the show. Thanks for the early memories...

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: The Walking Dead is done for another season

Postby Everlong » Apr 03, '17, 9:51 am

What was it about this season that finally did you in?

I haven't watched one since season 4 or 5, whichever one had the Governor. It feels like the hype has died down quite a bit since then.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby Viazon » Apr 03, '17, 10:34 am

I'm guessing someone doesn't like story telling and character development.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 03, '17, 11:14 am

I thought it was a good finale. The Walking Dead is at it's best during these big moments and big episodes. It's during the other episodes that sometimes it feels like filler where not much is happening.

It was nice to see Rick and the group getting a win for once. I think one of the problems with the Walking Dead is the entire feel of death and despair becomes too much sometimes people get worn out watching it and seeing bad things happening to characters they know and love all the time.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby ShaneOfan » Apr 03, '17, 1:47 pm

What happened? I pretty much lost interest after they had to abandon the Prison.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby prophet » Apr 03, '17, 3:13 pm

Viazon wrote:I'm guessing someone doesn't like story telling and character development.

If this latest season of the show is your idea of good story telling then there's nothing I can say to change that, all the best.

I can't think of a season of any other show where so little actually happens. I was used to the Walking Dead having one interesting episode followed by 4 boring ones but this season the formula went:

- Premiere
- 14 episodes of filler
- Finale

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Kreashko » Apr 03, '17, 5:16 pm

Everlong wrote:I haven't watched one since season 4 or 5, whichever one had the Governor. It feels like the hype has died down quite a bit since then.
I'm pretty sure that's season 3. That's where I stopped. Season two was the best in my opinion. Seeing Sophia in that barn changed my life...and I'm being serious. It changed the way I view the world and no other TV series or show I can say has done that to me besides TWD.

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 45

Postby Viazon » Apr 04, '17, 8:08 am

prophet wrote:
Viazon wrote:I'm guessing someone doesn't like story telling and character development.

If this latest season of the show is your idea of good story telling then there's nothing I can say to change that, all the best.

I can't think of a season of any other show where so little actually happens. I was used to the Walking Dead having one interesting episode followed by 4 boring ones but this season the formula went:

- Premiere
- 14 episodes of filler
- Finale

Obviously, your opinion is your own. If you no longer like the show, then cool. But I do feel like I have to defend the show when people say things like nothing happens or very little happens because it's just not true.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Return to Movies and TV