It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 11:02 am

The Walking Dead Season 7 (Spoilers)

Talk about movies and television in here!

The Walking Dead Season 7 (Spoilers)

Postby DBSoT » Oct 24, '16, 8:58 am

Season 7 of The Walking Dead has finally began and certainly with a bang. We were all aware that a main cast member was going to get the sharp end of Lucille, but did you expect it to be
Spoiler:
Glenn
or
Spoiler:
Abraham
? I will be honest, I wasn't a big fan of how they ended season 6. The cliff hanger stuff just led to months of wild conversation about all kind of scenarios. With that being said, I really liked last night's episode. I could have done without them dragging out the suspense of who was killed, but it didn't take the whole episode (thankfully). Jeffrey Dean Morgan really nailed it as Negan (minus the F-bombs). He was sadistic, manipulative and wouldn't stop until he got exactly the answer he wanted. I liked the one on one confrontation between Negan and Rick. Slowly wearing Rick down until he was just Negan's bitch. Giving Rick the choice between
Spoiler:
cutting off Carl's arm
or
Spoiler:
Letting all his friends get shot in the head
was more brutal then either of the people that Negan beat to death. They chose the right people to kill off as well.
Spoiler:
Abraham
makes sense because he poses the biggest threat to Negan and weakens Rick's group substantially.
Spoiler:
Glenn
makes sense because it was payback for what Daryl did and it weakens the second leader of the group in
Spoiler:
Maggie

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 218

Re: The Walking Dead Season 7 (Spoilers)

Postby Westcoastvibes » Oct 24, '16, 6:20 pm

Agreed that the right people died. I think it was the proper amount of time before the reveal though. Even with the cliffhanger the kills needed to be amped up again but not dragged threw the mud.

Both characters went out proper and neither felt wrong if you look at the options negan had.

My only fear is that this broken rick is gonna be too much like farmer rick and farmer rick sucked

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 98

Postby PorkChop » Oct 25, '16, 5:54 am

It was a good episode. Negan is so much better than the Governor it's not even funny. The Governor looked like a cheesy villain out of an 80's Bond movie, whereas Negan is just terrifying.

I still haven't forgiven them for the last season's cliffhanger though. The melancholy, discomfort and uncertainty I'm feeling now after watching Glenn and Abraham killed in such a brutal way I should have been feeling at the end of last season. They should have been killed off in that final episode to usher in the Negan era and to show the audience that he isn't to be fucked with, but instead we had 6 months of fairly dull and predictable speculation.

The writing and suspense in this episode was fantastic, though. I can't remember the last time I watched a TV show as cathartic as the Walking Dead.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby HFX » Oct 25, '16, 3:16 pm

I laughed through the whole episode. My buddies were all horrified and disturbed but I don't get why. It was also the last time I'm watching this overrated craptastic show, even if I quickly became a big fan of Negan and think he did nothing wrong.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby PorkChop » Oct 25, '16, 6:02 pm

HFX wrote:I quickly became a big fan of Negan and think he did nothing wrong.

I don't know about that, he did bludgeon two people to death with a baseball bat. I'm not sure what Canada's like, but that's certainly frowned upon over here.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Westcoastvibes » Oct 25, '16, 7:23 pm

PorkChop wrote:

I don't know about that, he did bludgeon two people to death with a baseball bat. I'm not sure what Canada's like, but that's certainly frowned upon over here.

If you consider that its the zombie apocalypse and ricks group just silently murdered about a dozen of negans people while they slept in bed, Negans reaction is justified, brutal but justified.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby HFX » Oct 26, '16, 11:48 am

Westcoastvibes wrote:
PorkChop wrote:

If you consider that its the zombie apocalypse and ricks group just silently murdered about a dozen of negans people while they slept in bed, Negans reaction is justified, brutal but justified.

Exactly. The Ricktatorship killed off an entire outpost of Saviors. Plus Darryl blew up another group of them with a friggin bazooka. Then after Negan was done he got socked in the face so had to send a secondary message about respect. And after all that Rick was still disrespectful and defiant so had to further be put in his place. In todays society it is barbaric but in the post-apocalyptic world it's more than justified. At least they aren't eating people :lol

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby Viazon » Nov 10, '16, 9:51 am

There are a lot of people who say that Negan isn't a bad guy. He may have some kind of code and will be good to you if you just do what he says, but come on. He is definitely a bad person. He doesn't need to be doing the things he is doing. A good person would be willing to work with other groups rather than scare them into doing what he wants.

And yes, Rick's group have done some very questionable things. They have killed people. Some of them probably innocent. Some of them have been in self defense. Regarding in slaughtering all the Saviors, that was more of a preemptive strike. Maybe that doesn't make it right but that's what it was. It seems obvious to me and I didn't think I would have to explain too much why there are differences between the main group and Negan's group. One is definitely more evil than the offer.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Hanley! » Nov 10, '16, 2:03 pm

Personally, I grew tired of the "it's humans that are the real threat" story after the first half dozen times they did it in the comic. The point that the show is at right now is about the time that I checked out of the comic, as a result. Never really got into the show.

I think it's a little lazy that all humans instantly turn into ruthless, murderous monsters the second civilisation starts to crumble. I think plenty of people would still try to be nice to each other and work together to rebuild society. I'm a pessimistic bastard, but even I'm not cynical enough to buy into this same plot over and over.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Westcoastvibes » Nov 13, '16, 7:27 pm

Neegans actions with Glenn and big red did not make him a bad guy, its his backstory and future that will pin his as the bad guy.

Rick and group tend to lean on the right side of peace and order, they want to be good and help others. They dont want to murder and pillage but they will to survive. Neegan murders and pillages just because he can.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Return to Movies and TV