It is currently: May 04, '24, 11:53 pm

Adam Silvers take on 'Super Teams'

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

Adam Silvers take on 'Super Teams'

Postby Philip Rivers » Jul 13, '16, 10:23 am

What are your thoughts?

I've never been one who's against 'Big 3s' I do feel like they make the league exciting, I was hoping with the Salary Cap going up from the NBA TV deal, it'd be more equivalent across the board in terms of small market teams having the opportunity/attraction to sign big free agents and form 'Big 3s', rather than the league allowing literal 'All-Star' teams to come together, I don't think it's good for the league, especially in terms of parody.

Philip Rivers Male
B+ Player
B+ Player

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 100

Re: Adam Silvers take on 'Super Teams'

Postby The Legend » Jul 13, '16, 6:23 pm

My issue on "Superteams" stems from this simple fact. The culture of the NBA player and specifically the NBA superstar ruins free agency. Half the teams in the league might as well pack up shop right now because premier free agents don't view their market as "glamorous" enough or that they don't have the right beaches or night life.

Look at what happened this offseason. Durant left Oklahoma City to go to California and Westbrook is going to leave Oklahoma City to go to California next summer.

The idea of free agency is fine, but it has to come with the caveat that players have to view each market as potentially equally appealing. What the NFL has done so masterfully is they made a star player going to Green Bay Wisconsin as appealing as New York City or Chicago or Los Angeles.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Return to General Sports Discussion