It is currently: May 02, '24, 11:30 pm

HBO Preview: Canelo vs Khan

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

HBO Preview: Canelo vs Khan

Postby PorkChop » Apr 15, '16, 6:59 pm

HBO promos are always good. Thought I'd post it so you can all get hype for when Khan gets KO'd.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: HBO Preview: Canelo vs Khan

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Apr 16, '16, 2:20 pm

Khan's more bulkier and as you'd expect going up two weight classes but I think he'll lose his speed and my prediction which was for a Khan win is leaning towards a points loss. Would love it if he did it though - hope it'll be worth staying up till 5am for it!

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 519

Postby AkydefGoldberg » May 08, '16, 10:45 am

I got up in time to see the KO. Khan seems to have started well but one error (his hands being a bit too low) cost him big time. Think Canelo would have won later on had the fight continued and with the scorecards which shows how dodgy they are, giving Khan only a round. In a way, Khan took the fight and credit to him for doing so but slightly pissed that De La Hoya offered a guy at welterweight a fight with a middleweight when it wasn't really the right step for Khan no matter how big the pay cheque. He'll be back at welterweight, probably against Garcia as he's mandatory for his WBC belt or Brook.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby PorkChop » May 08, '16, 12:27 pm

I had Khan comfortably ahead on the scorecards until he got KO'd. People will talk about his questionable chin, but not many guys could've taken that punch to be fair.

Canelo vs GGG better happen soon.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Return to General Sports Discussion