It is currently: May 08, '24, 2:26 am

The great Kobe Bryant plays his final game tonight

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

The great Kobe Bryant plays his final game tonight

Postby Messiah » Apr 13, '16, 10:30 am

Sad day for sports fans. :(

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: The great Kobe Bryant plays his final game tonight

Postby Messiah » Apr 13, '16, 10:32 am

I WILL MISS YOU, KOBE

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Apr 13, '16, 10:44 am

Honestly won't miss him. Huge asshole, selfish player, hasn't been good in years.

He was a huge star and was important for the league, but I will not be sad to see him go.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Circled Square » Apr 13, '16, 11:13 am

Everlong wrote:Honestly won't miss him. Huge asshole, selfish player, hasn't been good in years.

He was a huge star and was important for the league, but I will not be sad to see him go.

This, holy fuck. This. This. This. This.

Kobe was a horrible teammate and a real fucktard off of the court. Might have even raped a girl lmao. On the court he'd score and only pass if his knee was half exploded or if somebody tied a hand around his back. When I think of 2000s basketball players, my era, I think of Duncan, Shaq, Nash, Kidd, VC and Iverson. Kobe was smack dab in the middle of his prime scoring 35 points a game making like the 9th seed. He only won with Shaq and Gasol and is easily the most overrated basketball player of all time. Seeing him get all defense nods a few years ago when he couldn't guard a D1 player made me sick. Also, his 2008 MVP belongs to Chris Paul. I don't have him in my top 10.

Fuck you Kobe. When KG, Dirk, and Duncan retire, I'll be very sad. Same with Vince.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby DBSoT » Apr 13, '16, 12:41 pm

I will remember Kobe the best way possible.....walking off the court after losing to the Pistons in the NBA finals. The same way I will remember Karl Malone and Gary Payton.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Messiah » Apr 13, '16, 12:42 pm

Yeah, better to like a player like Vince Carter who was lazy as shit and quit on his team. :lol

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Circled Square » Apr 13, '16, 12:44 pm

Messiah wrote:Yeah, better to like a player like Vince Carter who was lazy as shit and quit on his team. :lol

Lazy as shit is baseless as fuck considering how he's outlasted the majority of his peers by developing a three point shot. Quiting on his team, that's true.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby Messiah » Apr 13, '16, 12:45 pm

Circled Square wrote:He only won with Shaq and Gasol

Every superstar (other than what, Hakeem?) won with another All-Star player.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Apr 13, '16, 12:47 pm

Circled Square wrote:
Messiah wrote:Yeah, better to like a player like Vince Carter who was lazy as shit and quit on his team. :lol

Lazy as shit is baseless as fuck considering how he's outlasted the majority of his peers by developing a three point shot. Quiting on his team, that's true.

Vince Carter absolutely was lazy. :lol

It's a well-known fact. He's still hanging around now because he was/is damn talented and actually started to give a damn, but he should have been a lot better than he turned out to be. He wasn't because he was lazy. Shit, he even admitted to it.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Circled Square » Apr 13, '16, 12:54 pm

Messiah wrote:

Dirk led his team to the promised land with a set of roleplayers and a nearly forty year old point guard because Dirk isn't a retarded non system player like Kobe who has to sling his black mamba cock in everyone's face. The only person who could tame Kobes massive ego was PJ. Kobe was unwilling to adjust to Dwight Howard on and off the court because he's Kobe and he's too good to make compromises, which is one of the reasons he is retiring on a team that's the equivalent to the Lithuanian national team.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Circled Square » Apr 13, '16, 12:57 pm

Messiah wrote:
Circled Square wrote:

It's a well-known fact. He's still hanging around now because he was/is damn talented and actually started to give a damn, but he should have been a lot better than he turned out to be. He wasn't because he was lazy. Shit, he even admitted to it.

Do you not remember when his knee blew up? Mid 2000s knee injuries don't exactly heal up to we'll from what I've noticed. I think he was discouraged because he didn't have the same lift he had so for a while he was treading water, not wanting to adjust his game accordingly. He eventually did though.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Messiah » Apr 13, '16, 1:11 pm

Circled Square wrote:
Messiah wrote:

Dirk led his team to the promised land with a set of roleplayers and a nearly forty year old point guard because Dirk isn't a retarded non system player like Kobe who has to sling his black mamba cock in everyone's face. The only person who could tame Kobes massive ego was PJ. Kobe was unwilling to adjust to Dwight Howard on and off the court because he's Kobe and he's too good to make compromises, which is one of the reasons he is retiring on a team that's the equivalent to the Lithuanian national team.

Forgot about Dirk, but lets not act like Tyson Chandler wasn't a big piece and Kidd played well, along with Terry going off from the 3.

Fact is, every superstar has help. Holding it against Kobe for having Shaq and Gasol is unfair. MJ had Pippen. LeBron had Wade and Bosh. Kareem had Magic.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Apr 13, '16, 1:12 pm

Circled Square wrote:
Messiah wrote:
Circled Square wrote:

Do you not remember when his knee blew up? Mid 2000s knee injuries don't exactly heal up to we'll from what I've noticed. I think he was discouraged because he didn't have the same lift he had so for a while he was treading water, not wanting to adjust his game accordingly. He eventually did though.

VINCE CARTER HIMSELF ADMITTED TO BEING LAZY

Yea, the knee injury hurt, but Carter didn't do himself any favors with the lack of effort.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Circled Square » Apr 13, '16, 1:25 pm

Kobe should have taken a pay cut, he blew ass in the finals when it counted, Pau has a case for 2010 finals MVP imo,.

.....but, you're right. I can't hold him having good teammates against him. And at the end of the day he's one of the most iconic basketball players ever and reached people across the globe.

Oh, and again on Vince, he went to Orlando with no three point game when the entire team was based on Dwight commanding double teams in the middle and having open shooters on the three point line. It was a god awful fit for Vince at the time. If he admits that he's lazy, fine (you haven't provided a link) but even so I think he wasn't in the best positions to succeed.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Messiah » Apr 13, '16, 1:35 pm

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/b ... fort_x.htm

In an interview broadcast Thursday on TNT, network analyst John Thompson asked Carter if he pushed himself as hard as he should have in Toronto.

"In years past, no," said Carter, acquired by the New Jersey Nets on Dec 17. "I was fortunate to have the talent ... you get spoiled when you're able to do a lot of things. You see that you don't have to work at it.

Not a lot of links about it because it's been like a decade plus, but Carter was definitely lazy. He turned it around, so kudos to him for that.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Circled Square » Apr 13, '16, 1:40 pm

Messiah wrote:http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/raptors/2005-01-07-carter-effort_x.htm

In an interview broadcast Thursday on TNT, network analyst John Thompson asked Carter if he pushed himself as hard as he should have in Toronto.

"In years past, no," said Carter, acquired by the New Jersey Nets on Dec 17. "I was fortunate to have the talent ... you get spoiled when you're able to do a lot of things. You see that you don't have to work at it.

Not a lot of links about it because it's been like a decade plus, but Carter was definitely lazy. He turned it around, so kudos to him for that.

Fair enough. Appreciate the source.

I almost want to say it's justified because how many young players come into the league and abuse their quickness and athleticism. Like Rose for example, man couldn't even hit a mid ranger until a few years down the line. His MVP season is where he llearned to shoot and even then he wasn't using it much.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 13, '16, 4:54 pm

Hey Vince quit on my team and I still love the guy. Is this Stockholm Syndrome?

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby ChrisCrossed » Apr 13, '16, 5:03 pm

Come on guys not even top 10? I remember making a topic back on the Club and got absolutely roasted for still believing Kobe can be good, he then averaged 27 before the Achilles.

Like it or not, Kobe is the clear #2 for his position and is the reason why many are even NBA fans. Did he shoot too much at times, sure but I would too with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown being on my team. He lived basketball and there's no denying he is plausibly the hardest worker for it.

ChrisCrossed Male
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 9

Postby Messiah » Apr 13, '16, 11:12 pm

60 points in his final game, game-winning shot while carrying his team.

Dude is the fucking truth, we just lost a legend. I'm so happy I saw that game.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Circled Square » Apr 13, '16, 11:20 pm

Fuck after that game I take it all back Kobe is goat

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Next

Return to General Sports Discussion