It is currently: May 10, '24, 3:38 pm

UFC 200: Diaz/McGregor - Aldo/Edgar

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

UFC 200: Diaz/McGregor - Aldo/Edgar

Postby prophet » Mar 31, '16, 3:16 pm

UFC 200 will be main evented by the Diaz/McGregor rematch and co-headlined by an interim FW title rematch between Aldo and Edgar. Two huge fights; I fucking love that both Aldo and Edgar are playing second fiddle to King Conor after trying so hard to get that fight. They'll both no doubt spend more time trying to wind Conor up than promoting their own bout (rooting for Frankie though, fuck Jose)

Conor is scary though, man. Apparently since his defeat he's been obsessed with getting the rematch at the same weight class to prove he can beat Nate - I'd like to see him cut all that movement training bollocks with Ido Portal out and focus on the opponent in front of him. Nate is legit though and with a full camp under his belt he'll be even scarier.

Oh and LOL at Dos Anjos bitching about Conor getting the main event; he lost all rights to complain when he pussied out of 196.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: UFC 200: Diaz/McGregor - Aldo/Edgar

Postby PorkChop » Apr 01, '16, 2:21 am

And the crowd goes mild.

I couldn't care less about McGregor vs Diaz. We saw it about 3 weeks ago, and McGregor didn't really have anything for him. I'd possibly be interested if it was at 155, but 170? No thanks. I'd prefer to have seen McGregor vs Edgar or McGregor vs Aldo II.

The rest of the card looks pretty good, but not the blockbuster I was expecting it to be. There's a couple more fights set to be announced, one of which is allegedly quite big. Rumours are it's GSP vs Lawler, which would be somewhat interesting.

I may still order it, when all's said and done. It's still a good card but I was really expecting some groundbreaking fights.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Re: UFC 200: Diaz/McGregor - Aldo/Edgar

Postby Daz » Apr 01, '16, 3:12 am

I'm not particularly interested in Diaz/McGregor again either. I also don't think it's a particularly wise move on McGregor's part. Sure, after the loss he might have a point to prove, but what if he goes in and loses again? Which is a distinct possibility fighting two weight classes up, even with a full camp and longer to prepare. It won't kill him or his drawing power, but you can't help but think it'd damage him.

Or maybe I'm just tired and talking bullshit.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Return to General Sports Discussion