It is currently: May 01, '24, 1:12 am

Ronda Rousey isn't looking so great either

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

Ronda Rousey isn't looking so great either

Postby PorkChop » Mar 01, '16, 9:28 am

She seems to have ballooned up after her loss to Holm - I've never seen her gain so much weight during an off-season. She said last week that she seriously thought about suicide after the loss and was in a really sad place. Her PR people are asking interviewers not to mention MMA when talking to her.

Some people don't think she'll ever fight again. She says she'll be back, but I'm not sure. I doubt she'd beat Holm in a rematch, and I don't think she could take another loss again. In her autobiography, it's pretty clear that she equates her self worth with her athletic achievements - after "only" winning a bronze medal at the olympics, she got fat, became addicted to drugs and lived in her car for a few years. When she lost her UFC belt she mentioned in an interview that she feels like she's nothing anymore.

If this is the end of her career it's a sad way to go out, but least she'll have some acting roles to fall back on. Probably not as many as before though, mind.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: Ronda Rousey isn't looking so great either

Postby Kein » Mar 01, '16, 10:09 pm

That sucks she feels that way. She is way more accomplished than so many more people, she should be really proud of what she has done. Athletic careers are always short-lived, but it appears she has a pretty bad mentality in terms of perspective for this. I mean, I suppose that worth is what drove her to work so hard and got her to where she was, but getting as far as she has you'd think she would comprehend more of her own self-worth by now. Hopefully she will make it back into the ring and be as tough as ever.

I'm not sure her acting career will really take off, and even so I am not sure how much that would actually help her self-esteem.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 15

Return to General Sports Discussion