It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 4:43 am

The fall of Peyton Manning and Kobe Bryant

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

The fall of Peyton Manning and Kobe Bryant

Postby Messiah » Nov 25, '15, 10:03 am

Two legendary players. Two of the greats of their respective sport. Two players who have stayed longer than they should have. Manning is (or was, when playing) the worst starting QB in the NFL and Bryant, man he's just horrendous. Probably even worse than Peyton is. I don't know why the Lakers still play him.

This is why I hate to see guys like them stay in the game so long. I don't care much for Peyton but I love Kobe and hate to see him go out like this.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: The fall of Peyton Manning and Kobe Bryant

Postby Everlong » Nov 25, '15, 12:46 pm

I've never liked Kobe at all. I think he's a complete asshole and the most selfish superstar I've ever seen. Watching him chuck up constant shots, hog the ball and basically avoid passing to open teammates is never something I've enjoyed, and to be honest I'll be happy when he's retired and we don't have to hear about him any more.

Peyton, though, has been really tough to watch. This is a guy who's clearly still mentally invested in the game, but his body has just completely given out on him. Like you said, he's been clearly the worst quarterback in the NFL this year, which is really saying something about how far he's fallen, especially given his incredible season just two years ago. For his sake he needs to hang it up after this year, but there are rumors he still wants to keep playing. We'll see if anyone actually gives him a chance.

Always tough to watch the great ones try to hold on too long. Brett Favre should have retired after his '09 season, but stuck around and got battered and humiliated his final year. Same thing is happening to Peyton. I hope it doesn't happen to Brady, but he's the kind of guy also who probably will have to be carted off the field. Tale as old as time in the NFL, really.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Re: The fall of Peyton Manning and Kobe Bryant

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Dec 01, '15, 8:43 am

Everlong wrote: I'll be happy when he's retired and we don't have to hear about him any more.

Crack the champagne Tim! He's retiring.

He seems to have incredible numbers but IIRC, weren't him and Shaq O Neal on the same team and they didn't get on?

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Return to General Sports Discussion