It is currently: May 09, '24, 8:34 pm

Klitschko vs Fury

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

Klitschko vs Fury

Postby PorkChop » Nov 24, '15, 7:08 am

Has anyone been following this?

Tyson Fury is a bellend but it would be so funny if he wins, his promos would be unbearable. It's highly unlikely he'd ever win a decision over Wlad though, much less a knockout.

Fury might win a round but I'd bet on a Klitschko stoppage in the latter half of the fight.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: Klitschko vs Fury

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Nov 24, '15, 8:43 am

Yup I've been up to date with it and look forward to fight on Saturday which IMO, Wlad will win on points but Fury might give him a scare early on. Fury, whatever you say about him, has been entertaining bordering on unnerving with some of his interviews ranging from dressing up as Batman to an interview with the Mail on paedophilia, Satan amongst other things.

Like Wlad's therapist angle, he's got humour in which Haye brought out of him and tbh, he's a cool guy with no fault of his own that he's dominated the division but Lennox Lewis rightly said, that he needs to win the WBC belt from Wilder to be classed as real great and undisputed at heavyweight.

Hoping find a decent stream for this.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 519

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Nov 28, '15, 5:37 pm

Fury wins!

Not a great fight but Fury, out of the both of them, did the more win. Wlad wasn't sure how to tackle him - Fury feinted well early on, rattled him, then dug in to get the best exchanges. Well done Fury! I can envisage Joshua/Wilder beating him but fully deserves to the plaudits tonight.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby PorkChop » Nov 29, '15, 7:46 am

I'm amazed to be honest, I never envisioned Fury fighting as well as he did. I hope he has a long reign, it would be hilarious.

No doubt Fury vs Joshua at Wembley is in the pipeline now.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby prophet » Nov 29, '15, 8:42 am

What an amazing win, Fury really impressed me. I thought he'd gass out after the first couple of rounds and perhaps find himself susceptible to a KO. Wlad never looks for the finish really though, he tends to box smart and win comfortably so it was nice to see him looking so nervous and desperate in the latter rounds. I was also thrilled the judges gave Fury the win so comfortably because he was clearly the victor but you never know with Klitschko fighting in Germany. Bring him to Manchester if he's looking for a rematch.

Joshua/Wlad would've been more of a draw for me but long term he's looking like the next big thing isn't he? I still don't think Joshua has done enough to warrant the sheer hype he has, Twitter last night seemed to think it was a foregone conclusion that he'd beat Fury when really he's still only fought bums.

David Haye is returning, too. Fun times ahead for the UK heavyweight division.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby PorkChop » Nov 29, '15, 10:40 am

Haye vs Joshua would be an interesting fight also, I'd give Haye a couple of matches to build him into an actual contender though. After such a long break I wonder whether he's lost his speed and elusiveness.

British boxing is really good right now. More world champions than our American cousins I believe!

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Nov 29, '15, 12:19 pm

^Yup, 11 WC's so far but rarity sadly to see anyone holding the valued WBC belt. Mainly IBF's/WBOs/WBA.

Haye more likely to go for Fury if he can get a few notable wins under his belt after facing Mori in January but the best fight for Fury is a challenge for Wilder's WBC belt who doesn't seem that good either so he could become undisputed.

Lol when Fury asked Lennox Lewis, one of the British greats of heavyweight boxing and the last undisputed champion, to hold his bottle of water so he could grab the mic and sing!

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Dec 04, '15, 4:20 pm

Fury says not bothered about Sports Personality of the Year award after comments he's made about Jessica Ennis, papers are going to trawl through anything they can find he's said in the past. There is no pretence though, he genuinely is saying these things because that's how he is but the wider public and the media don't necessarily understand that context

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Return to General Sports Discussion