It is currently: May 10, '24, 8:09 am

NEW BCS rankings out for Dec 1st!

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

NEW BCS rankings out for Dec 1st!

Postby ShaneOfan » Dec 02, '13, 11:22 am

After some great games, the BCS standing have been shaken up!

The Top Ten:

1 Florida State 12-0
2 Ohio State 12-0
3 Auburn 11-1
4 Alabama 11-1
5 Missouri 11-1
6 Oklahoma State 10-1
7 Stanford 10-2
8 South Carolina 10-2
9 Baylor 10-1
10 Michigan State 11-1

the rest:
11 Arizona State
12 Oregon
13 Clemson
14 Northern Illinois
15 LSU
16 UCF
17 Oklahoma
18 UCLA
19 Louisville
20 Duke
21 Wisconsin
22 Georgia
23 Fresno State
24 Texas A&M
25 Texas

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 260

Re: NEW BCS rankings out for Dec 1st!

Postby The Legend » Dec 02, '13, 11:38 am

Broke down pretty much exactly how it should have. Would have preferred to see the one-loss Baylor and Michigan State both up higher above South Carolina and Stanford, but whatever.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Everlong » Dec 02, '13, 12:03 pm

Can't wait for Ohio State to continue the Big Ten's strong BCS Bowl representation by getting murdered by Florida State! :(

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby ShaneOfan » Dec 02, '13, 12:07 pm

Everlong wrote:Can't wait for Ohio State to continue the Big Ten's strong BCS Bowl representation by getting murdered by Florida State! :(

That's assuming Winston is able to play, I think he will be but you never know, if those charges formally hit before that FSU could have a problem. They are still a great team without him, but I would much rather have him on the field if I were them.

Join the PCW!

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Dec 02, '13, 12:11 pm

ShaneOfan wrote:
Everlong wrote:Can't wait for Ohio State to continue the Big Ten's strong BCS Bowl representation by getting murdered by Florida State! :(

That's assuming Winston is able to play, I think he will be but you never know, if those charges formally hit before that FSU could have a problem. They are still a great team without him, but I would much rather have him on the field if I were them.

If they have to suspend Winston because he gets charged sometime after the BCS title game is announced Ohio State will roll. Any coach out there would rather have an upperclassman than a freshman quarterback his team from Day 1. The fact that the door was even open a little for Winston before he played his first game tells me all I need to know about Florida State's backup quarterback.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby ShaneOfan » Dec 02, '13, 12:15 pm

The Legend wrote:
ShaneOfan wrote:

If they have to suspend Winston because he gets charged sometime after the BCS title game is announced Ohio State will roll. Any coach out there would rather have an upperclassman than a freshman quarterback his team from Day 1. The fact that the door was even open a little for Winston before he played his first game tells me all I need to know about Florida State's backup quarterback.

Exactly my point. They have a good defense but without Winston their offense is screwed.

Join the PCW!

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby CMPUNKFAN » Dec 03, '13, 2:59 pm

Auburn should be #2 over Ohio St. The Big 10 is so shitty and Ohio St. doesn't have many meaningful wins. I mean Michigan St. lost to Notre Dame... What a joke...

CMPUNKFAN Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 119

Postby Everlong » Dec 03, '13, 3:07 pm

CMPUNKFAN wrote:Auburn should be #2 over Ohio St. The Big 10 is so shitty and Ohio St. doesn't have many meaningful wins. I mean Michigan St. lost to Notre Dame... What a joke...

Well when there's a playoff, we won't have to worry about any more Big Ten teams making it to the National Championship.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby The Legend » Dec 03, '13, 4:28 pm

CMPUNKFAN wrote:Auburn should be #2 over Ohio St. The Big 10 is so shitty and Ohio St. doesn't have many meaningful wins. I mean Michigan St. lost to Notre Dame... What a joke...

If that's the qualification, well then fine. Auburn should be #1, Ohio State should be #2 and Florida State should be #3. The ACC is a steaming pile of shit.

Duke, the second best team in the conference, lost to Georgia Tech and freaking Pitt
Virginia Tech, arguably one of the best teams in the conference lost to Boston College and Maryland in addition to Bama and Duke.

See I mean we can play this game all day. Is the Big 10 inferior to the SEC? Sure. Is it far inferior to any of the other conferences in the country? Not really with the exception maybe of the PAC 12, but that conference totally imploded on itself.

World Champion
World Champion

Return to General Sports Discussion