It is currently: Jun 03, '24, 8:05 pm

Warriors win NBA Title - Dynasty on the horizon?

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

Warriors win NBA Title - Dynasty on the horizon?

Postby SKS » Jun 17, '15, 3:43 pm

The Golden State Warriors beat the Cleveland Cavaliers in 6 games to win the NBA Championship.

Thoughts?

I think Warriors could repeat next year. Keeping all their core guys and their depth, I don't see THAT much competition in the West. Spurs aging. Clippers are a mess. Grizzlies are okay but not great. Thunder can't keep Durant healthy. James Harden & Dwight Howard are chokers.

Warriors NBA Champs 3 times over the next 4 years.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 266

Re: Warriors win NBA Title - Dynasty on the horizon?

Postby The Legend » Jun 18, '15, 6:16 am

Two questions:

First are the Warriors going to avoid playing the Spurs, Blazers and Clippers every year in the west? If they are going to avoid all three teams going forward their odds shoot up.

Second, are they going to play the Cavs with two out of LeBron, Kyrie and Love injured and out for the Finals every year? If that's the case then they really have a shot at being a dynasty. I just don't see both of those things happening.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby SKS » Jun 18, '15, 9:21 am

The Legend wrote:Two questions:

First are the Warriors going to avoid playing the Spurs, Blazers and Clippers every year in the west? If they are going to avoid all three teams going forward their odds shoot up.

Second, are they going to play the Cavs with two out of LeBron, Kyrie and Love injured and out for the Finals every year? If that's the case then they really have a shot at being a dynasty. I just don't see both of those things happening.

I mentioned the Spurs and Clippers in my original post. I think the Warriors would have beat both of them this season. Plus, Aldridge is all but leaving Portland. Also, Love could leave Cleveland too. While the Warriors if they stay healthy will keep everyone in tact so yes, I think they have a shot at a dynasty.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Jun 18, '15, 9:28 am

SKS wrote:

I mentioned the Spurs and Clippers in my original post. I think the Warriors would have beat both of them this season. Plus, Aldridge is all but leaving Portland. Also, Love could leave Cleveland too. While the Warriors if they stay healthy will keep everyone in tact so yes, I think they have a shot at a dynasty.

Love's already said he isn't going anywhere, pretty much every chance he gets this season. Said after he got hurt that he can't wait to be in a Cavs uniform for the season opener next season.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby SKS » Jun 18, '15, 9:38 am

The Legend wrote:
SKS wrote:

Love's already said he isn't going anywhere, pretty much every chance he gets this season. Said after he got hurt that he can't wait to be in a Cavs uniform for the season opener next season.

That's why I said could. Things change. It'd be smart of him to stay with LeBron and I'm not saying he will leave, but the option is there if things go differently. It wouldn't be the first time an athlete changes their mind. ;)

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby DBSoT » Jun 18, '15, 12:26 pm

I think you are forgetting that Draymond Green may be leaving Golden State. He is free agent and will likely get a max offer (state of the NBA). If Golden State doesn't match then that changes things. I say this specifically because I know the Pistons have interest and Draymond is interested in coming home. These are all of course local reports and nothing definite has been said.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Return to General Sports Discussion