It is currently: May 08, '24, 7:26 pm

Cleveland Sucks

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

Cleveland Sucks

Postby SKS » Jun 16, '15, 9:42 pm

Is there a worse city than Cleveland like Jesus Christ

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 266

Re: Cleveland Sucks

Postby SKS » Jun 16, '15, 9:46 pm

Seth Rollins was right Johnny idiot and lebron will never bring this city a title. :lebron2

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 266

Postby The Legend » Jun 17, '15, 5:28 am

Apparently, some people don't think drunk shitposting bullshit isn't worth downrepping. Those are probably the same people that think it's OK for people to continue doing their lucky to have jobs after they are found out to be woman or child abusers, that think it's OK to cheat and that you don't deserve to be punished in any way that matters and hampers your chances for success in the future, that thinks it's OK to be rude and make jokes about somebody who tries to ask a serious question without an apology.

Honestly, I don't understand it anymore. Maybe I had it right all along. Maybe I shouldn't have come back. I'm struggling finding people that are worth sticking around for and people that I enjoy talking to anymore around here.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Circled Square » Jun 17, '15, 5:30 am

I must have missed something because that reaction just caught me way off guard lol.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby SlightlyJames » Jun 17, '15, 5:31 am

The Legend wrote:Apparently, some people don't think drunk shitposting bullshit isn't worth downrepping. Those are probably the same people that think it's OK for people to continue doing their lucky to have jobs after they are found out to be woman or child abusers, that think it's OK to cheat and that you don't deserve to be punished in any way that matters and hampers your chances for success in the future, that thinks it's OK to be rude and make jokes about somebody who tries to ask a serious question without an apology.

I don't really see the connection between making some dumb posts on a forum and the rest of the stuff you said. You should come down off the soapbox, it's nice down here! :lol

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby The Legend » Jun 17, '15, 5:38 am

SlightlyJames wrote:
The Legend wrote:Apparently, some people don't think drunk shitposting bullshit isn't worth downrepping. Those are probably the same people that think it's OK for people to continue doing their lucky to have jobs after they are found out to be woman or child abusers, that think it's OK to cheat and that you don't deserve to be punished in any way that matters and hampers your chances for success in the future, that thinks it's OK to be rude and make jokes about somebody who tries to ask a serious question without an apology.

I don't really see the connection between making some dumb posts on a forum and the rest of the stuff you said. You should come down off the soapbox, it's nice down here! :lol

All those things are things I've had to argue with people on this site in the past year.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Circled Square » Jun 17, '15, 5:41 am

That's what happens on a forum. People say things you sometimes don't like. That's there right.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby SlightlyJames » Jun 17, '15, 5:43 am

The Legend wrote:
SlightlyJames wrote:

All those things are things I've had to argue with people on this site in the past year.

Well, they're things you've chosen to argue about. I don't think anybody forced you. If you're still salty about those things to the degree that you're bringing them up in irrelevant topics then I'd suggest dropping it and moving on. Not that I'm worried about derailing this bullshit topic or anything. :lol

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby The Legend » Jun 17, '15, 5:47 am

Circled Square wrote:That's what happens on a forum. People say things you sometimes don't like. That's there right.

I realize that there's people I will disagree with on a forum. And I'm ok with arguing with people about arguable things. There's some things that shouldn't have to be argued. And beyond that, what bothers me the most is there's no one that ever takes my side on these arguments that seems to be so easy to understand. Like I said, if there's no one in this community that's going to think like me on the most basic of subjects, I don't understand why this place would be for me any more.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby The Legend » Jun 17, '15, 5:48 am

SlightlyJames wrote:
The Legend wrote:
SlightlyJames wrote:

Well, they're things you've chosen to argue about. I don't think anybody forced you. If you're still salty about those things to the degree that you're bringing them up in irrelevant topics then I'd suggest dropping it and moving on. Not that I'm worried about derailing this bullshit topic or anything. :lol

Of course, I'm the one that's in the wrong. I'm the one that needs to drop it and move on. It's all my fault. It's all on me. This is exactly what I'm talking about.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby SlightlyJames » Jun 17, '15, 5:50 am

The Legend wrote:Of course, I'm the one that's in the wrong. I'm the one that needs to drop it and move on. It's all my fault. It's all on me. This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Well, the reason you're the one you needs to drop it and move on is that everyone else already has. You're not at fault for anything, really, I just don't see why some bullshit topic about the Cavs losing has made you upset about a load of stuff in the past.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Circled Square » Jun 17, '15, 5:52 am

I know what you mean. It's hard dealing with people who won't bend in there ways in the slightest. They've got the right to say what they want to say, though. If the majority of the people disagree with you, expect to get ganged up on. Though to be honest with you man this is a weird thread to trigger that type of reaction.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby The Legend » Jun 17, '15, 6:04 am

SlightlyJames wrote:
The Legend wrote:Of course, I'm the one that's in the wrong. I'm the one that needs to drop it and move on. It's all my fault. It's all on me. This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Well, the reason you're the one you needs to drop it and move on is that everyone else already has. You're not at fault for anything, really, I just don't see why some bullshit topic about the Cavs losing has made you upset about a load of stuff in the past.

Really this is a topic about the Cavs losing? I didn't once see SKS mention the Cavs at all in his post. He just called Cleveland the worst city in the world for no fucking reason at all. He's just the 459421418 person to make fun of my hometown and my home and act like he's doing it totally originally. You're right I shouldn't be annoyed by that bullshit. Again, it's just on me. And why did it bring all this up again. Because I didn't appreciate people bailing him out from being downrepped like he deserved for his drunken shitposting and no one taking my side. Like being a drunken moron is more respected in this community now than being someone who has contributed lots of things to this community for a long time.

Circled Square wrote:I know what you mean. It's hard dealing with people who won't bend in there ways in the slightest. They've got the right to say what they want to say, though. If the majority of the people disagree with you, expect to get ganged up on. Though to be honest with you man this is a weird thread to trigger that type of reaction.

There's simple things that shouldn't be arguable, but yet here they are. And yet here common sense and reality are fought like the enemy.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby SlightlyJames » Jun 17, '15, 6:08 am

The Legend wrote:Really this is a topic about the Cavs losing? I didn't once see SKS mention the Cavs at all in his post. He just called Cleveland the worst city in the world for no fucking reason at all. He's just the 459421418 person to make fun of my hometown and my home and act like he's doing it totally originally. You're right I shouldn't be annoyed by that bullshit. Again, it's just on me. And why did it bring all this up again. Because I didn't appreciate people bailing him out from being downrepped like he deserved for his drunken shitposting and no one taking my side. Like being a drunken moron is more respected in this community now than being someone who has contributed lots of things to this community for a long time.

The Cavs just lost the finals, 4 minutes after his original post he posted about LeBron not bringing them a title (I know you read it, you downrepped it, after all). It's obviously just a jokey post about basketball. I restored his rep because I feel like you're overreacting.

edit: This topic is also in the Sports section, by the way.

Last edited by SlightlyJames on Jun 17, '15, 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Circled Square » Jun 17, '15, 6:13 am

Yeah dude don't take the forum so seriously, who cares about a few Cleveland jokes in the long run?

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby The Legend » Jun 17, '15, 6:22 am

SlightlyJames wrote:
The Legend wrote:Really this is a topic about the Cavs losing? I didn't once see SKS mention the Cavs at all in his post. He just called Cleveland the worst city in the world for no fucking reason at all. He's just the 459421418 person to make fun of my hometown and my home and act like he's doing it totally originally. You're right I shouldn't be annoyed by that bullshit. Again, it's just on me. And why did it bring all this up again. Because I didn't appreciate people bailing him out from being downrepped like he deserved for his drunken shitposting and no one taking my side. Like being a drunken moron is more respected in this community now than being someone who has contributed lots of things to this community for a long time.

I restored his rep because I feel like you're overreacting.

Of course you do. I'd expect nothing different from you.

Circled Square wrote:Yeah dude don't take the forum so seriously, who cares about a few Cleveland jokes in the long run?

I do. Because they are old, they are tired. And I'm sick of them.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby SlightlyJames » Jun 17, '15, 6:27 am

The Legend wrote:Of course you do. I'd expect nothing different from you.

Do you honestly think your reaction is appropriate? You -20 repped him and equated his dumb jokes to defending child abusers. It wasn't even until your 5th post in this thread that you gave any indication as to why you were upset because you were too busy soapboxing about how nobody agrees with you and talking about buried arguments. How can people agree with you when you don't even say what you're mad about?! :lol

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Circled Square » Jun 17, '15, 6:28 am

Can't go around banning every guy who makes a Cleveland joke because you take it personally. I guess it's the Michigan jokes that have made me numb to it lol but I don't see it as something worth being upset over.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby The Legend » Jun 17, '15, 6:30 am

SlightlyJames wrote:

Do you honestly think your reaction is appropriate? You -20 repped him and equated his dumb jokes to defending child abusers. It wasn't even until your 5th post in this thread that you gave any indication as to why you were upset because you were too busy soapboxing about how nobody agrees with you and talking about buried arguments. How can people agree with you when you don't even say what you're mad about?! :lol

I didn't neg rep him 20. I neg repped him 10. Then when someone spared him from that I neg repped him 10 again. And you decided to bail him out.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby SlightlyJames » Jun 17, '15, 6:32 am

The Legend wrote:
SlightlyJames wrote:

I didn't neg rep him 20. I neg repped him 10. Then when someone spared him from that I neg repped him 10 again. And you decided to bail him out.

And I stand by that. I'll ask again, do you not see any way in which your reaction was overblown?

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Next

Return to General Sports Discussion