It is currently: Apr 30, '24, 12:01 pm

UFC 187 was awesome

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

UFC 187 was awesome

Postby prophet » May 24, '15, 7:51 am

Just finished watching the show, wanted to share a few thoughts.

Holy shit, that Browne/Arlovski fight was insane. Just an all-out brawl and damn if Arlovski didn't look great, when he had Browne rocked but got tagged himself I almost lost my shit. I hope people that were pissed off with the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight decided to take a look at MMA because that was damn impressive.

Cowboy put in another good showing, I'm still upset Khabib had to pull out because that fight would've been a lot more interesting but I've got a lot of love and respect for Cerrone and he put on a striking masterclass and worked hard as usual.

WEIDMAN IS THE REAL DEAL. How many fucking times does he have to prove himself before people give him the respect he deserves? Vitor looked pretty decent from the off but gassed heavily mid-way through the first which was pretty satisfying to watch because fuck Vitor, no PEDs for you. Weidman's ground and pound was brutal as fuck, about time people started to focus on the legacy he's created for himself killing all these Brazilian legends.

THAT MCGREGOR/ALDO TRAILER HAD ME SO HYPED OMGZZZJKFHGHZDFKGHDFKGHJADFKG!

Main event was good. Man, Rumble hits hard! I thought he was going to finish it in the 1st but DC was impressive, he withstood everything he was hit with and I think AJ's confidence was shot heading into the third and Cormier capitalized on that and deserved the win, it'll be nice to see him keep the seat warm until the GOAT returns and spanks him again. DC's post-fight promo game has improved and his reaction to Bader in the presser afterwards was funny.

Good show! :tim

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: UFC 187 was awesome

Postby PorkChop » May 24, '15, 8:14 am

I was considering posting a topic about this but I wasn't expecting anyone else to watch it - but that was a brilliant PPV. The only match I really cared for was Weidman vs Vitor but I was entertained throughout the whole show. The main card delivered and there wasn't a dull moment.

I can't wait for Jones to come back and reclaim his title. It pissed me off seeing DC's shit-eating grin when being handed the belt, when he was completely dominated by Jones only a few months ago. The fact that he called Jones out afterwards was pretty annoying as well. I'd bet on Jones to finish him next time.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Re: UFC 187 was awesome

Postby prophet » May 24, '15, 8:39 am

Right? I can't wait for Jones to come back and make him cry again.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to General Sports Discussion