It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 9:24 am

Autumn Internationals: Rugby Union

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

Autumn Internationals: Rugby Union

Postby Hanley! » Nov 08, '14, 5:09 pm

Probably nobody's watching these other than myself and @HFX because mostly people here just watch American sports and soccerball and make me sad. But I'm still putting up a thread, because I'm excited dammit!

In a notable result today, the All Blacks narrowly defeated England, though the scoreline seemed a little flattering to the English. England were leading after the first half, but were shut down completely in the second. Conditions looked awful and it wasn't a particularly attractive game.

More importantly though, Ireland (who had 17 players out injured, including about 7 or 8 out of our starting team for the Six Nations) picked up a big win against the #2 team in the world, the Springboks! Ireland won 29-15 in a game most expected us to lose. South Africa were just coming off a big win against the All Blacks too. Some great defensive play by Ireland, who were the weaker set-piece team but competed well at the breakdown and made more of their chances.

I absolutely marked out at Murray's crossfield kick to Bowe for our second try. One of the best tries I've seen this year. It's at 6:00 below:

We have Georgia next Sunday now, which should make for an easier match than the Springboks. And then we can look to get some revenge against Australia, who managed to beat us rather soundly last year.

South Africa vs England could be a good match next week too. Both sides will be annoyed by this week's results and I imagine will come out all guns blazing next week.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 165

Re: Autumn Internationals: Rugby Union

Postby War Daddy » Nov 08, '14, 9:29 pm

I watch as much rugby as I can, it's just hardly televised over here.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 122

Postby PorkChop » Nov 10, '14, 8:56 am

Alpha Beast wrote:I watch as much rugby as I can, it's just hardly televised over here.

Which is a same really - it has a lot in common with the NFL, and to the neutral, rugby is probably more exciting due to a considerably fewer amount of stoppages.

I'm looking forward to South Africa vs England too, should be a good game. England need to turn up after the All Blacks result.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby War Daddy » Nov 11, '14, 10:40 am

PorkChop wrote:
Alpha Beast wrote:I watch as much rugby as I can, it's just hardly televised over here.

Which is a same really - it has a lot in common with the NFL, and to the neutral, rugby is probably more exciting due to a considerably fewer amount of stoppages.

I'm looking forward to South Africa vs England too, should be a good game. England need to turn up after the All Blacks result.

How you think the USA Eagles feel? :lol

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby Hanley! » Nov 23, '14, 5:19 pm

So we beat Georgia and Australia also. Booya! 3/3 in the Autumn Internationals. Things are looking good for next year's Six Nations and the World Cup. Provided we can keep our egos in check, avoid further injuries and hopefully get back some of our currently injured players, we'll be in great form for next year.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 165

Return to General Sports Discussion