It is currently: May 11, '24, 3:55 pm

LEBRON JAMES RETURNS TO HIS KINGDOM! THE KING RETURNS TO THE CAVS

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

Re: LeBron James Free Agency Thread

Postby Everlong » Jul 11, '14, 10:45 am

prophet wrote:What a statement, I really wish he'd made that a speech on live TV or something :lol

I think it's more powerful in writing, really. Couldn't be any more different than the whole "Decision" spectacle four years ago. It's a testament to how much LeBron truly has grown and matured.

I've always been a big fan of his, but I think I respect him now more than ever.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Jul 11, '14, 10:51 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 155

Postby HFX » Jul 11, '14, 10:53 am

See Danielson, NOW it's confirmed.

Now to wait and see if Cleveland really does try and make that trade for Love and bring in Miller and Allen as has been rumored. Also now we can get Bosh and Melo's decisions and the rest of the dominoes will fall.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Jul 11, '14, 10:56 am

Pat Riley might retire from his GM position too. Bosh is going to Houston. Wow, LeBron just destroyed the Heat's franchise :lol

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby HFX » Jul 11, '14, 10:58 am

Wade should try and slink to Chicago now and get off the Heat island before it's completely submerged.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby SKS » Jul 11, '14, 11:16 am

The Legend wrote:
Messiah wrote:
The Legend wrote:So he's allowed to be disloyal, but no one else is allowed to be disloyal to him SMH, I'm over him. Let's move on.

Come on, you know how hype you will be if you see LeBron James has agreed to return to Cleveland. :P

LeBron James did issue a public apology though, to his credit. Gilbert should probably just do the same, even if it isn't sincere.

He has never actually apologized for EVERYTHING he did to Cleveland the first year he was gone. From leaving - he never did - the show - he apologized for - to harassing Cleveland fans on social media after he had already left - like when he tweeted "Hey Cleveland fans, how's your karma?" After the Lakers beat the Cavs by the widest margin in NBA history? Or taunting them again during the 26 game losing streak.

I wouldn't be hyped for him to return and I would never cheer his name again. I'll root for Kyrie and Wiggins and TT and Dion, but LeBron is a worthless traitor to me and always will be to a lot of people in Cleveland. I don't know about where you live, but where I come from Loyalty and your word mean more than anything. You simply don't turn your back on your home like he did and that's the end of the story. Midwest values!

You gotta be fucking kidding me. He didn't say "Hey Cleveland fans how's your karma?" he said "Crazy. Karma is a b****. Gets you every time. It's not good to wish bad on anybody. God sees everything!" which is true. He never deserved all the slander he got from Cleveland fans like yourself and fans like you sure as hell don't deserve his return.

LeBron is a worthless traitor? He was the sole reason your shit city didn't go bankrupt when he played for Cleveland. Now he's back, and has said he's made mistakes, and you still will "never cheer him".

This is why I hope Cleveland never gets a ring in any sport and why I was hoping he wouldn't return to the Cavaliers. He could be the classiest dude ever and bring multiple championships yet people like you will still hate him for leaving 4 years ago. That's like being a good relationship with a girl for 5/6 years. It's going good, but you have doubts that you're ever going to get married (get a ring). So you decide to break it off and go out with someone that's more marriage material (the Heat). Your ex goes ape shit crazy and breaks all your things, burns all your photos and declares she'll get married before you will (but you still get the ring first). Your ex has been in the dumps (literally) and is a total mess without you full of hatred. Then 4 years later you realized you loved your crazy ex bitch (Cleveland) a lot and realized you made a mistake by leaving her, so you want to patch things up and get back together. You know it won't be easy to get married again (Western conference is still loaded) but you're going to try your best to get that ring and live happily ever after.

And despite all this, you'll still never really love him because of a mistake he made 4 years ago. It's time to fucking get over it. God.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Jul 11, '14, 11:18 am

The Cavs also have 3 first round draft picks next year...

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Jul 11, '14, 11:26 am

@SKS

You think you can just run down my city like a punk? Fuck off!

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Re: LEBRON JAMES RETURNS TO HIS KINGDOM! THE KING RETURNS TO THE CAVS

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Jul 11, '14, 11:30 am

The Legend wrote:@SKS

Dude, this is by far the classiest decision LeBron made. Him winning one ring in your city is equivalent to winning 6 rings anywhere else.

This will go down as one of the greatest sports stories. He needed to go to Miami to mature and progress as a person and player.

Plus, the fact that LeBron recognizes his relationship with Ohio is larger than basketball speaks volumes on the character he is today.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby PorkChop » Jul 11, '14, 11:33 am

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby The Legend » Jul 11, '14, 11:35 am

DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:

Dude, this is by far the classiest decision LeBron made. Him winning one ring in your city is equivalent to winning 6 rings anywhere else.

This will go down as one of the greatest sports stories. He needed to go to Miami to mature and progress as a person and player.

Plus, the fact that LeBron recognizes his relationship with Ohio is larger than basketball speaks volumes on the character he is today.

Yeah, congratulations to him. He's late to the party. Everything you just said was also true four years ago and he said the hell with it. Today doesn't absolve that decision.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Everlong » Jul 11, '14, 11:35 am

The Legend wrote:Yeah, congratulations to him. He's late to the party. Everything you just said was also true four years ago and he said the hell with it. Today doesn't absolve that decision.

Do you believe in forgiveness for anything?

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Jul 11, '14, 11:38 am

The Legend wrote:
DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:

Yeah, congratulations to him. He's late to the party. Everything you just said was also true four years ago and he said the hell with it. Today doesn't absolve that decision.

But he wasn't the same mature player as he was 4 years ago. He simply made a business decision to go to Miami and it was NEEDED.

Now LeBron is a better shooter, passer, rim finisher, and mature enough to turn the Cavs into a championship team.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby HFX » Jul 11, '14, 11:43 am

Everlong wrote:
The Legend wrote:Yeah, congratulations to him. He's late to the party. Everything you just said was also true four years ago and he said the hell with it. Today doesn't absolve that decision.

It's like Lebron ran over his dog or something. Maybe he should get some happy pills and chill the fuck out :lol

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Everlong » Jul 11, '14, 11:45 am

HFX wrote:
Everlong wrote:

It's like Lebron ran over his dog or something. Maybe he should get some happy pills and chill the fuck out :lol

No I mean, I can totally understand why Cleveland fans would be so furious about what happened four years ago, but this is a guy who's clearly grown since then and is coming back because he loves his hometown.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Jul 11, '14, 11:53 am

Everlong wrote:
HFX wrote:
Everlong wrote:

No I mean, I can totally understand why Cleveland fans would be so furious about what happened four years ago, but this is a guy who's clearly grown since then and is coming back because he loves his hometown.

Exactly. He has grown so much.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Jul 11, '14, 11:56 am

Everlong wrote:

I believe in forgiveness for a whole lot of things. Abandoning your home without having the guts to even tell the people in that home first isn't high on the list. I can't help the fact that when I look at a person the personality trait I value above all else is loyalty. That is what it comes down to in the end.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby The Legend » Jul 11, '14, 12:02 pm

I also would probably look at it differently if national people weren't covering it how people are. I'm sick of this narrative:

"LeBron James is a saint that has never done anything wrong and Dan Gilbert is an absolute fool and evil for daring to question anything about this guy that couldn't possibly do anything wrong. And my god, look at the selflessness for him to go to a hell-hole like NE Ohio to just grace them with his presence shows he's a bigger man the Gilbert and really the greatest man that ever lived. Cleveland should count their lucky stars because it's a sad depressing place full of desperate people that don't deserve anything positive, but he chose to be a hero and savior to return to them."

Give me a break. I've had enough of it and everyone that doesn't possibly ever say anything positive about Cleveland.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Jul 11, '14, 12:04 pm

The Legend wrote:Give me a break. I've had enough of it and everyone that doesn't possibly ever say anything positive about Cleveland.

There's hundreds of people in Cleveland outside of LeBron's home right now, celebrating. I beg to differ.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Jul 11, '14, 12:05 pm

The current headline from The Onion: "Prodigal Asshole Returns"

:lol

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

PreviousNext

Return to General Sports Discussion