It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 6:44 am

CFL fans I need your help.

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

CFL fans I need your help.

Postby DBSoT » Jun 27, '14, 8:11 pm

So since about 2 years ago I have been catching more and more CFL games including a few playoff games and the Grey Cup. Now it seems ESPN is going to be showing more CFL games on TV. What I need is for you CFL fans to recruit me for your team. At this point I am leaning towards Hamilton, but would like to hear some other options. I need my fix while I wait for the NFL to start.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 218

Re: CFL fans I need your help.

Postby HFX » Jun 27, '14, 8:19 pm

If you're a new fan then cheer for Ottawa. They are brand new this year and you can say you were a fan from the beginning. With Henry Burris as their QB this year they should also be competitive in most games

Though you should cheer for the Edmonton Eskimos if you don't go with Ottawa. We're the most successful team since our inception and look to be back on the up. We've had a bit of a rough ride since our last Grey Cup win in 2005 but I believe in our boys to finish at least 3rd.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 43

Postby SKS » Jun 27, '14, 8:20 pm

EDMONTON ESKIMOS BABY :tim

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby DBSoT » Jun 27, '14, 8:50 pm

HFX wrote:If you're a new fan then cheer for Ottawa. They are brand new this year and you can say you were a fan from the beginning. With Henry Burris as their QB this year they should also be competitive in most games

Though you should cheer for the Edmonton Eskimos if you don't go with Ottawa. We're the most successful team since our inception and look to be back on the up. We've had a bit of a rough ride since our last Grey Cup win in 2005 but I believe in our boys to finish at least 3rd.
Ottawa is intriguing since they are new. Also I am going to append my original post and say that I will choose a team that is different from the rest of you. If only to add more discussion from a competitive stand point. I am between Hamilton (fan of Lefevour and Callaros in college), Ottawa (newest team), and Winnipeg (big fan of Drew Willy in college).

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Str8Shooter » Jun 27, '14, 8:59 pm

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers are the only answer. Where else can you jump right onto the bandwagon of a team that hasn't won a championship in 24 years? Come on, join us in our heartbreak.

Also, Drew Willy is a beast that threw 4 TD's and 300+ yards yesterday in the season opener.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Kyle » Jun 27, '14, 9:05 pm

Anyone but the Argos.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby Str8Shooter » Jun 27, '14, 9:25 pm

Kyle wrote:Anyone but the Argos.

Shit, maybe that's not a bad idea for him. The Argos could use as many fans as they can get.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby DBSoT » Jun 27, '14, 9:30 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:

Shit, maybe that's not a bad idea for him. The Argos could use as many fans as they can get.
Iinteresting that they do have Ocho Cinco now. That is a good idea though. Which teams have the smallest fan base?

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby JDD » Jun 27, '14, 9:31 pm

Ill be supporting the Ottowa team, or at least trying to :lol It will be my first season watching so we can be noobs together if you support Ottowa :tim

Also, looks like we can have a good shoutbox crowd for the CFL games if we all show :tim

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby Str8Shooter » Jun 27, '14, 9:51 pm

DBSoT wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:

Iinteresting that they do have Ocho Cinco now. That is a good idea though. Which teams have the smallest fan base?

It's actually the Alouettes that have Ocho Cinco.

The Argos have the smallest fanbase, weird considering they're in the biggest city. But Toronto's a different place, a lot of people see the CFL as not big time enough for a big city like Toronto.

The biggest fanbases I would think would be Saskatchewan, Winnipeg, Edmonton, and Calgary.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby DBSoT » Jun 27, '14, 10:50 pm

Toronto sounds like New York in Hockey or basically every team in Florida in every sport that isn't college football. I can't stand those fans. I think I am officially choosing Hamilton. Their run late in the season last year got me interested in the league playoffs. I know they played in the Grey Cup, but they did have to make a run late in the year to get there. Also I think its good to have the different fans for more of the league to increase discussion.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Str8Shooter » Jun 28, '14, 1:06 pm

DBSoT wrote:Toronto sounds like New York in Hockey or basically every team in Florida in every sport that isn't college football. I can't stand those fans. I think I am officially choosing Hamilton. Their run late in the season last year got me interested in the league playoffs. I know they played in the Grey Cup, but they did have to make a run late in the year to get there. Also I think its good to have the different fans for more of the league to increase discussion.

Hamilton's not a bad choice. I think they're the favourite to win the East Division this year. As long as their new QB Collaros is up to the task.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Return to General Sports Discussion