It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 11:28 am

Favorite Sport?

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

Favorite Sport?

Postby HFX » Oct 08, '13, 6:43 pm

I have a huge love for hockey, Canadian football and American football. But right now Rugby Union has leaped all of them into first place in my heart. It's fast paced, violent and super fun to watch and play. My brothers team wants me to play next year as a prop so that has me even more excited and pumped. I ain't felt this pumped in forever bout something.

It has a decent following in North America but it's definitely a niche sport which is a shame. I'd love to see it rise to prominence in Canada and America and see a decent pro-league. Even if it was just a regional league in the rugby hotbeds of Cascadia and California. I mean if soccer can have a good following and multiple pro leagues here why can't rugby. It's also one of two sports that Canada is clearly better than America at :tim

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 43

Re: Favorite Sport?

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 08, '13, 6:44 pm

Gotta be the beautiful game for me.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 275

Postby JDD » Oct 08, '13, 6:47 pm

Baseball. No sport will ever come close to the love i have for Baseball. I know people like to say its boring and shitty, but theres just something special about it that makes me love it. Also theres nothing better to me then going to see a baseball game. I dont care if its minors, majors, high school or little leauge. The atmosphere of being there is always great.

I grew up in a family of baseball lovers so that probably explains my passion for the sport. After baseball, its Football then College Basketball.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Postby ShaneOfan » Oct 08, '13, 6:51 pm

jdd123 wrote:Baseball. No sport will ever come close to the love i have for Baseball. I know people like to say its boring and shitty, but theres just something special about it that makes me love it. Also theres nothing better to me then going to see a baseball game. I dont care if its minors, majors, high school or little leauge. The atmosphere of being there is always great.

I grew up in a family of baseball lovers so that probably explains my passion for the sport. After baseball, its Football then College Basketball.

I have to agree. I love the game. I live a block and a half from a Atlantic league park. Love it

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby HFX » Oct 08, '13, 6:53 pm

SlightlyJames wrote:Gotta be the beautiful game for me.

Any game that Wayne Rooney plays should not be labeled beautiful :lol:

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Enygma » Oct 08, '13, 7:00 pm

Agreed with James. The most watched Sport around the world takes it for me.

Credit to Romo for the sig.

Arrive. Dare To Zlatan. Leave.
Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 27

Postby PorkChop » Oct 08, '13, 7:00 pm

SlightlyJames wrote:Gotta be the beautiful game for me.

Agreed, followed by MMA for me.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby JDD » Oct 08, '13, 7:03 pm

Always wanted to get into soccer. I watch like the world cup and always enjoy it, but never know where to start and what to follow when it comes to all the different leauges and stuff :lol

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby Enygma » Oct 08, '13, 7:04 pm

jdd123 wrote:Always wanted to get into soccer. I watch like the world cup and always enjoy it, but never know where to start and what to follow when it comes to all the different leauges and stuff :lol

Simple. If you wanna be a glory hunter, support either Man Utd, Man City or Chelsea.

Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby PorkChop » Oct 08, '13, 7:06 pm

jdd123 wrote:Always wanted to get into soccer. I watch like the world cup and always enjoy it, but never know where to start and what to follow when it comes to all the different leauges and stuff :lol

I'd suggest following the Premier League. Drop by the thread this weekend and ask a few questions!

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby HFX » Oct 08, '13, 7:12 pm

PorkChop wrote:

I'd suggest following the Premier League. Drop by the thread this weekend and ask a few questions!

He should just support Real Madrid like half the world already seems to.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby JDD » Oct 08, '13, 7:18 pm

HFX wrote:
PorkChop wrote:

I wouldnt want to be a front runner. I already get enough shit for being a Yankee fan even though ive been a Yankee fan since birth :lol

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby Enygma » Oct 08, '13, 7:25 pm

jdd123 wrote:
HFX wrote:
PorkChop wrote:

I wouldnt want to be a front runner. I already get enough shit for being a Yankee fan even though ive been a Yankee fan since birth :lol

Here JDD take this :D

http://www.fhm.com/upgrade/entertainmen ... phic-83509

Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby HFX » Oct 08, '13, 8:18 pm

Yo JDD since you're a Yankees fan then you should cheer for Manchester City as well as their hybrid bastard child New York City FC. The Yankees and ManCity joined forces to get an MLS expansion team that will play out of Yankee Stadium until they can get their own built. I read they are doing heavy advertising and already have radio and I think TV deals set in place with the help of the Yankees. NYCFC should have a good presence in NYC and though MLS isn't the EPL it is still a decent league that is only 20 years old and is quickly growing. Plus it's always nice to support something local. As for ManCity SKS cheers for them so he can make a decent argument. He almost succeeded in making me a fan. ManCity may be a bandwagon but they are still going to be outnumbered by Arsenal, United, Chelsea and even Liverpool fans as well as Real Madrid and Barcelona supporters.

Or you could cheer for Tottenham with me and we can unite against Enygma, Viazon and the unholy dark depraved satanic union that are the Gooners.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby JDD » Oct 08, '13, 8:22 pm

Heard about NYCFC. Definatley plan on following them, seeing as i could actually go to games. And one of my close friend is a tottenham fan, and uniting against dark satanic unions sounds fun.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby Enygma » Oct 08, '13, 8:40 pm

HFX wrote:Or you could cheer for Tottenham with me and we can unite against Enygma, Viazon and the unholy dark depraved satanic union that are the Gooners.

Tim's a Gooner, so we win by default.

Enygma Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby GNR » Oct 08, '13, 8:47 pm

BASKETBALL

GNR Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 18

Postby DBSoT » Oct 08, '13, 9:01 pm

College Football, NFL, Baseball, College Basketball, Golf, Hockey. In that order. I have also bowled since I was 6 and I have played Rugby. I really wish Rubgy was easier to find here in the states.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Everlong » Oct 08, '13, 10:43 pm

Definitely American football, although I'm also quite fond of basketball. I've been trying to get more into soccer over the last year or so as well.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Daz » Oct 09, '13, 9:59 am

Football/Soccer and Hockey for more. No idea where my love for hockey comes from, probably the Mighty Ducks movies.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Next

Return to General Sports Discussion