It is currently: May 12, '24, 3:50 am

Do you believe that Lesnar could have beaten Overeem?

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

Do you believe that Lesnar could have beaten Overeem?

Postby PorkChop » Oct 18, '13, 7:43 am

Because I do, and I've always felt that way. Plus, in his last two fights Overeem has been knocked cold twice. His weakness is his wrestling, and I've always felt that if Lesnar freight-trained him from the start of the fight, he could have won by TKO within the round.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: Do you believe that Lesnar could have beaten Overeem?

Postby HFX » Oct 18, '13, 10:34 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNWAyWR4dBc[/youtube]

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 43

Postby prophet » Oct 19, '13, 6:03 pm

Before all the complications with his body and the surgery I certainly think so. I also think Lesnar post UFC 100 could've held his own against and possibly beaten Fedor (come at me, bro?). When Brock came back he wasn't keen on getting hit and it showed. He looked a lot more nervous, cautious, anxious (any of the ous's) and it showed especially in the Overeem fight - is it naive of me to say that a kick to the body shouldn't really end a fight?

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby HFX » Oct 19, '13, 7:27 pm

Let's not forget Overeem is a K1 heavyweight champion. It's not like it's Frank Mir or old man Shane Carwin kneeing you. It's a damn kickboxing champion. Lesnar was alright for a Heavyweight but he's not nearly as great as his fans think he could have been. He was a good champion in a division with a bunch of heavy hitters but it's not like he was Bones Jones, GSP or Anderson Silva.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Return to General Sports Discussion