It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 3:05 am

Fitness AMA/Discussion

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

Re: Fitness AMA/Discussion

Postby War Daddy » Mar 25, '14, 4:51 pm

Also fuck breakfast. Just my opinion. I wake up, since youre already fasted from sleep, why not wait an extra hour to let your cortisol levels lower? You'll burn more fat(in my opinion) and look leaner. Ill wake up about 8-9 andn not eat til 10. Just what works for me though

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 122

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Mar 25, '14, 4:58 pm

PorkChop wrote:How do you guys cut weight?

I've had to do it for jiujitsu a couple of times. Luckily I've never had to cut that much - 10lbs was the most I've ever done - though it's always been difficult for me. I'm a slim 195lbs, don't carry a lot of body fat on me - I'd estimate I'm about 15%, no more than 18 tops. Of course it's difficult to lose fat when you don't have a great deal in the first place.

My main tactic is cardio two or three times a day (mostly running), as well as flooding my body with water. At night I'll usually wear clothes to bed to sweat out whatever I can. I make sure I eat nothing but fish, chicken or veg as well. I try and stay away from salt too.

I'm a real amateur at it, so I welcome any tips.

I can't find the article but I was reading the Metro this week and they talked about how you could lose weight by eating a big chunk of cookies - give me that anyday!

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 519

Postby Chewy » Mar 25, '14, 7:30 pm

Alpha Beast wrote:
PorkChop wrote:How do you guys cut weight?

I've had to do it for jiujitsu a couple of times. Luckily I've never had to cut that much - 10lbs was the most I've ever done - though it's always been difficult for me. I'm a slim 195lbs, don't carry a lot of body fat on me - I'd estimate I'm about 15%, no more than 18 tops. Of course it's difficult to lose fat when you don't have a great deal in the first place.

My main tactic is cardio two or three times a day (mostly running), as well as flooding my body with water. At night I'll usually wear clothes to bed to sweat out whatever I can. I make sure I eat nothing but fish, chicken or veg as well. I try and stay away from salt too.

I'm a real amateur at it, so I welcome any tips.

It's a matter of eating better, not eating less. If you wann drop pounds, you gotta be calorie deficit as well. Just burn more than you consume. I consume 6 meals a day. and just eat when Im hungry. My cardio times are at 15 mintues a piece for a steady on the treadmill. Fat burners are good, but I only recommend certain ones. Chewy probably has more insight to it, he's been in the game longer :lol

Only change is I do hiit at least four times a week and cycle my calories and no carbs after dark. I also reduce the amount of protein shakes in preference for real foods.

Try changing up you macros too.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby War Daddy » Mar 26, '14, 5:25 pm

HIIT is very good. Take yourself to the point of dying and get a reward for it.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » Mar 26, '14, 5:37 pm

Alpha Beast wrote:Also fuck breakfast. Just my opinion. I wake up, since youre already fasted from sleep, why not wait an extra hour to let your cortisol levels lower? You'll burn more fat(in my opinion) and look leaner. Ill wake up about 8-9 andn not eat til 10. Just what works for me though

Yeah, I do this too. I find I feel better after breakfast if I eat it a while after waking up. And according to something I read recently, science also agrees that this is the healthiest approach to your first meal of the day.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Chewy » Mar 26, '14, 8:55 pm

Hanley! wrote:
Alpha Beast wrote:Also fuck breakfast. Just my opinion. I wake up, since youre already fasted from sleep, why not wait an extra hour to let your cortisol levels lower? You'll burn more fat(in my opinion) and look leaner. Ill wake up about 8-9 andn not eat til 10. Just what works for me though

Yeah, I do this too. I find I feel better after breakfast if I eat it a while after waking up. And according to something I read recently, science also agrees that this is the healthiest approach to your first meal of the day.

Fasted training a effects on fat loss is negligible at bets, so it's a case of whatever works for you. Just for energy levels I'll have a banana if I'm training first up.

The good thing to do if you're training first thing is to have an hour between waking and lifting to allow your spine and joints to generate fluid to lubricate your joints.

Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby War Daddy » Mar 27, '14, 8:03 am

Thats the beauty of health and wellness. NOBODY is exactly the same. I love it :lol

War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby War Daddy » Mar 27, '14, 6:32 pm

Everybody, meet the Giants of Iceland!

War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Kein » Mar 27, '14, 10:02 pm

Beastly. Eating every 2 hours, crazy. I eat 2 maybe 3 times a day....

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Postby War Daddy » Mar 27, '14, 10:20 pm

Kein wrote:Beastly. Eating every 2 hours, crazy. I eat 2 maybe 3 times a day....

I eat every 2-3. It's a ton of bro science cuz its supposed to be about stoking the metabolic fire. However I will admit that I have gotten leaner eating 6 meals spaced out. It depends on the person i guess.

War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Chewy » Mar 27, '14, 10:22 pm

Alpha Beast wrote:
Kein wrote:Beastly. Eating every 2 hours, crazy. I eat 2 maybe 3 times a day....

I eat every 2-3. It's a ton of bro science cuz its supposed to be about stoking the metabolic fire. However I will admit that I have gotten leaner eating 6 meals spaced out. It depends on the person i guess.

Not bro science, metabolism is boosted by regular meals, especially if you eat the right macros when doing it.

Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby War Daddy » Mar 27, '14, 10:26 pm

Chewy wrote:
Alpha Beast wrote:

Not bro science, metabolism is boosted by regular meals, especially if you eat the right macros when doing it.

I use the term bro science cuz its spread thru the knowledge of "bros" at the gym . :P

War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Chewy » Mar 27, '14, 10:29 pm

Alpha Beast wrote:
Chewy wrote:
Alpha Beast wrote:

I use the term bro science cuz its spread thru the knowledge of "bros" at the gym . :P

Yea I know, the same chaps that tell you that the best way to get better at chin ups is to do more chin ups.

Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby War Daddy » Mar 27, '14, 10:30 pm

Chewy wrote:
Alpha Beast wrote:
Chewy wrote:
Alpha Beast wrote:

Yea I know, the same chaps that tell you that the best way to get better at chin ups is to do more chin ups.

Or that you can curl in the squat rack.

War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby PorkChop » Mar 28, '14, 10:41 am

Look how vascular this guy is... I'd suggest laying off the dumbbells a bit though and focuing more on chest and abs.

Spoiler:

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Kein » Mar 28, '14, 3:24 pm

Oh god lets not start kangaroos here haha. They are stupid buff.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Postby Chewy » Mar 29, '14, 2:42 pm

Kein wrote:Oh god lets not start kangaroos here haha. They are stupid buff.

W3rd.

Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby War Daddy » Mar 30, '14, 2:29 pm

Well boys Im down to 9.5% body fat from my 16%. Also dropped down to 210 from 240. Cutting is going great but Im running out of time with the show in 2 weeks. Probably gonna push it back to a later date.

In other news, I fuckin love Quest bars.

War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Chewy » Mar 30, '14, 4:34 pm

Alpha Beast wrote:Well boys Im down to 9.5% body fat from my 16%. Also dropped down to 210 from 240. Cutting is going great but Im running out of time with the show in 2 weeks. Probably gonna push it back to a later date.

Nice work.

I started my trip around 8 percent, but after a week and half of no exercise and gluttony, I have bid the abs a fond farewell for a few months.

Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby War Daddy » Mar 30, '14, 5:07 pm

Chewy wrote:
Alpha Beast wrote:Well boys Im down to 9.5% body fat from my 16%. Also dropped down to 210 from 240. Cutting is going great but Im running out of time with the show in 2 weeks. Probably gonna push it back to a later date.

Nice work.

I started my trip around 8 percent, but after a week and half of no exercise and gluttony, I have bid the abs a fond farewell for a few months.

trust me, I'd trade abs in for my heavy squat strength any day :lol

War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

PreviousNext

Return to General Sports Discussion