It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 6:56 am

Fitness AMA/Discussion

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

Re: Fitness AMA/Discussion

Postby War Daddy » Jun 05, '15, 1:27 pm

You have to burn more than you consume. When I was prepping I was knocking off 500 cals every month. That's just me tho, I prepped for a whole year and 6 months :lol

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 122

Postby SKS » Jun 05, '15, 5:46 pm

just for you Tony:

Left is a few years ago at 235, right is present now I hover around 175-180, while running 26 miles a week. :tim

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 266

Postby Kein » Jun 16, '15, 12:13 pm

Probably cutting too fast and gonna crash from my diet. :(

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Postby War Daddy » Jun 16, '15, 5:31 pm

Squatted 465, then attempted 500 lbs. Let me say that one more time...ATTEMPTED. :lol

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Kein » Jun 17, '15, 3:35 pm

Squats are one of my favorite lifts. I do them consistently enough the DOMs are weakening. Love it. I just wish I could squat more. Attempts are good though man! You'll never know if you can't if you don't try! Just keep it safe and progress!

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby SKS » Aug 06, '15, 11:07 pm

I feel like I'm in good shape and my endurance is high. I can run at least 4 miles a day comfortably. I've been adding a few days of workouts while aiming for 30+ miles a week:

3 mile run
Run up bleachers x 4
Circuits: sprint 40 yards x 8, zig zag 40 yards x 4, side scroll plank push-ups 40 yards x 4
Tire flips 40 yards x 4
Elevated push-ups 10 x 4

Any diet plans for lowering body fat percentage? I need a steady plan cuz I eat crap most days.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby War Daddy » Aug 09, '15, 7:23 am

Current stack I'm using for gainz.

Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey
Performix IOB
GNC Reloaded Vitapak
AMP Ripped XXX Creatine
Probiotics (helps absorb everything and be less bloated)

War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Kein » Aug 09, '15, 4:49 pm

Buddy, can you just tell me what to eat so I can follow something and stop guestimating my calories and shit? I wanna lose le baby fat, aka love handles. Fuck those things. Halp.

I am not crashing from my diet, but I feel like it won't work for what I want. I feel like maybe I should give clean eating a legit try here. I hope it's not too much to ask.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Aug 10, '15, 2:17 pm

I had a colleague come in today who was on the 'Cambridge diet' which involves eating three times a day, basically powder items such as porridge and he says he's lost weight because of it. I would consider a diet regime but I find it impossible not to dive in to greasy food. Hopefully the Mrs can help in making me healthy food.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby War Daddy » Aug 11, '15, 11:28 pm

Kein wrote:Buddy, can you just tell me what to eat so I can follow something and stop guestimating my calories and shit? I wanna lose le baby fat, aka love handles. Fuck those things. Halp.

I am not crashing from my diet, but I feel like it won't work for what I want. I feel like maybe I should give clean eating a legit try here. I hope it's not too much to ask.

It's quite simple, but yet the hardest thing to do.

Consume good quality protein like chicken and turkey or bison. Consume koderate to jigh carbs depending on your bodyweight. Reduce the fats slowly over time as well as the total calories.

Burn more calories while consuming less cals. Hell, buy some CLA supplements and a good theormgenic of you want as well. Garcinia is great for fat burning.

War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby GNR » Aug 12, '15, 10:24 am

I have a question about proper creatine usage. I want to start but I have no idea how to use it properly. I've seen some websites that say to use a "loading" period, some say you don't have to, some say you should drink it before a workout, some say after, point is I really have no idea what to do.

When and how much of it should I use? Do I use it while trying to bulk? Pls

GNR Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 18

Postby Kein » Aug 12, '15, 12:06 pm

As far as I know creatine doesn't really have any bad sides to it (unless you are allergic in which case RIP, I kid). I also haven't heard of any loading period either, I just hear it's great and 5grams a day max every day forever.

I wouldn't use it during a bulk phase or a cut phase exclusively, use it all the time. Even on days you don't work out, use it.

As for timing, anytime! It's not like an immediate consumption requires action or anything like a pre-workout. As far as I know creatine goes into your system and whatever your body doesn't use it is flushed out and you add more for the next day. I guess if you want to get sciencey about it, take it in the morning or afternoon and keep that consistent.

Just a heads up in my experience creatine isn't the best with water, it doesn't dissolve that well, so unless you are loading up on protein powder and making a nice thick shake I personally like creatine pills. If you go just for creatine and water, you might find yourself dissatisfied with a small pile of creatine stuck at the bottom of your glass.

Hope @War Daddy chimes in too, he probably knows more about it than me.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby War Daddy » Aug 12, '15, 5:07 pm

GNR wrote:I have a question about proper creatine usage. I want to start but I have no idea how to use it properly. I've seen some websites that say to use a "loading" period, some say you don't have to, some say you should drink it before a workout, some say after, point is I really have no idea what to do.

When and how much of it should I use? Do I use it while trying to bulk? Pls

3-5 GRAMS of creatine anytime of the day, it'll never matter. I take mine before I go to the gym, mentally helps me. Fuck the loading phase, that's just a way to get you buy more after using it all up. I suggest creatine hydrochloride for good clean dry gainz, and creatine monohydrate for strength gainz however you'll hold more water.

The best mixable creatine i ever used was my AMP Ripped XXX Creatine. Mixes amazingly. Side note, always check your preworkout or protein shakes for creatine, sometimes you'll find an extra gram or two hiding in there too. For example, Gold Standard Preworkout already has 6 grams of creatine per 2 scoops. Some proteins have half grams.

Just drink a gallon of water a day to be on the safe side.

War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Kein » Aug 18, '15, 12:04 pm

War Daddy wrote: Consume good quality protein like chicken and turkey or bison. Consume koderate to jigh carbs depending on your bodyweight. Reduce the fats slowly over time as well as the total calories.

Burn more calories while consuming less cals. Hell, buy some CLA supplements and a good theormgenic of you want as well. Garcinia is great for fat burning.

Okay, Chicken and Turkey are pretty easy for me to get. I am scared of carbs but I will try to put some into the meals earlier in the day.

Would you recommend CLA with Garcinia or one or the other? What CLA have you had luck with?

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby War Daddy » Aug 30, '15, 6:40 pm

Kein wrote:
War Daddy wrote: Consume good quality protein like chicken and turkey or bison. Consume koderate to jigh carbs depending on your bodyweight. Reduce the fats slowly over time as well as the total calories.

Okay, Chicken and Turkey are pretty easy for me to get. I am scared of carbs but I will try to put some into the meals earlier in the day.

Would you recommend CLA with Garcinia or one or the other? What CLA have you had luck with?

Apparently, Im a fuckhead when it comes to replies :lol The HydroxyCut SX-7 line is actually pretty phenomenal, it has a Garcinia product. As for the CLA, I use the GNC Total Advanced Line. OMEGA 3-6-9 CLA or something like that :lol Hell theres even a CLA PM for taking at night. Also, vitamins are also a good way to get the micro nutrients in as well.

Start cutting again next sunday, instagram bout to get nekked :D :D :D :D :D

War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby SKS » Aug 31, '15, 3:12 pm

^ Can you explain this fat burning thing in English please?

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Kein » Aug 31, '15, 3:22 pm

SKS wrote:^ Can you explain this fat burning thing in English please?

Pills gud but no magic

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby War Daddy » Aug 31, '15, 3:37 pm

Not til the English shut up about guns.

War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby SKS » Aug 31, '15, 3:38 pm

I'M GENUINELY TRYING TO UNDERSTAND HOW YOU BURN FAT YA FUCKIN MEATHEADS AND I KEEP GETTING SARCASTIC REPLIES

:crybaby

:D

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Daz » Aug 31, '15, 3:46 pm

War Daddy wrote:

Not til the English shut up about guns.

I'm just gonna assume the secret to burning fat is running away from people with guns.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

PreviousNext

Return to General Sports Discussion