It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 12:56 am

Fitness AMA/Discussion

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

Re: Fitness AMA/Discussion

Postby Kein » Mar 23, '15, 2:30 pm

Trying to do a cut cycle, eating less, working out the same. I have lost 4lbs since I started but I don't exactly remember when I started hahaha.

Needless to say I am pretty exhausted a lot, I want more sleep, more food, less stamina in the work-outs. It's pretty rough. But... It's working... I guess.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 15

Postby PorkChop » Mar 23, '15, 3:12 pm

Kein wrote:Trying to do a cut cycle, eating less, working out the same. I have lost 4lbs since I started but I don't exactly remember when I started hahaha.

Needless to say I am pretty exhausted a lot, I want more sleep, more food, less stamina in the work-outs. It's pretty rough. But... It's working... I guess.

What's your diet?

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Postby War Daddy » Mar 23, '15, 3:30 pm

Kein wrote:Trying to do a cut cycle, eating less, working out the same. I have lost 4lbs since I started but I don't exactly remember when I started hahaha.

Goto youtube and search Layne Norton.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author
Topics: 122

Postby War Daddy » Mar 23, '15, 3:40 pm

In case anyone wants to true my leg day out, I hit it twice a week.

Monday(Power day)

Squats- 2 warm up sets, followed by 3 sets of 5/3/1 system. IE: 335x5, 365x3, 425x1(use your own numbers, allow 3 to 5 minutes of rest between sets or go when ready)
Hamstring Curls-4 sets of 8-12
Leg Extensions-4 sets of 8-12
Stiff Leg Deadlifts-3-10
Seated Calf Raises-4 sets of 8

Friday(Pump Day)

Leg Extensions- 2 sets of warm up, 2oo reps in as little sets as possible (Use a partner if you have one, scream if needed)
Hamstring curls-^^Follow above
Squats- 10 sets of 10, this is the worst. You survive here and you're in the clear
Seated Calf raises- 5 sets 10
Standing calf raise-5 sets of 10

Let me know how you feel when completed!

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby PorkChop » Apr 13, '15, 2:22 pm

It's coming up a year since I left uni, and during this time I've dropped from 215lbs at my heaviest to a healthy 173lbs, which is what I weighed this morning. Top tips:

- Ride a bike
- Don't live across the road from a late night supermarket
- Don't have chocolate gateau for breakfast

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Hanley! » Apr 13, '15, 2:26 pm

So Kirbi figured out that you can make a healthier version of rice by blending cauliflower. I was skeptical, but it actually works. On Wednesday, she's going to be using cauliflower to make a pizza base.

For 27 years, I have hated cauliflower. But now it's finally redeeming itself.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby PorkChop » Apr 13, '15, 2:32 pm

Hanley! wrote:So Kirbi figured out that you can make a healthier version of rice by blending cauliflower. I was skeptical, but it actually works. On Wednesday, she's going to be using cauliflower to make a pizza base.

As someone who used to work in a pizza kitchen and enjoys cooking, please provide me with an update on the cauliflower pizza.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Kirbi » Apr 13, '15, 2:41 pm

PorkChop wrote:
Hanley! wrote:So Kirbi figured out that you can make a healthier version of rice by blending cauliflower. I was skeptical, but it actually works. On Wednesday, she's going to be using cauliflower to make a pizza base.

As someone who used to work in a pizza kitchen and enjoys cooking, please provide me with an update on the cauliflower pizza.

We'll tell you how it works out; but for now, this is the recipe:

http://www.theluckypennyblog.com/2013/02/the-best-cauliflower-crust-pizza.html

Kirbi None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 11

Postby Kein » Apr 13, '15, 5:03 pm

There is also a cauliflower mashed potato recipe somewhere out there. It also works well.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby Chewy » Apr 16, '15, 7:08 am

Fuck cauliflower.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby Locke » Apr 16, '15, 9:13 am

I used to hate cauliflower until my wife started making pizza crust with it. She also breads chicken with it, and makes "potato bites" (but it's cauliflower) - it's a surprisingly versatile flavor enhancer. It seems to take on a flavor of whatever it's paired with or seasoned with.

Yummo~

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby PorkChop » Apr 16, '15, 10:24 am

Fell off my bike. Some woman stepped into the road without looking (she was sending a text which was clearly more important than staying alive) and I slammed my brakes and swerved at the same time, went over on my left side. The whole left side of my body hurts like mad. She was really apologetic and she seemed like a lovely lady but because of her I won't be riding a bike for a little while because of the pain :angrysanta

The good news is I've recently bought a Garmin GPS. I'm doing my commute to work (6 miles) in about half an hour, give or take a few minutes on certain days. Averaging about 12mph. Not too bad.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Kein » Apr 16, '15, 1:26 pm

I always hear about people who ride getting in accidents. It freakin sucks. I hope there are no expensive repairs necessary to your bike, and I hope you heal up fast. Sounds like you just got a lil bruised up.

My co-worker bought a body fat calculator and I dunno why, but they had it shipped to them at work. I happened to be in the area when they opened the package so I figured why not check out my stats?

25.7 BMI
13% body fat.

Not bad I say. Not bad.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby Hanley! » Apr 16, '15, 2:31 pm

PorkChop wrote:As someone who used to work in a pizza kitchen and enjoys cooking, please provide me with an update on the cauliflower pizza.

Pizza turned out good. Tasted awesome. You couldn't tell it was cauliflower at all. The base is pretty thin in the recipe given, which is fine, but it ended up a little soggy. Will probably be able to rectify that next time with some adjustments though.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby HardcoreLegend » May 05, '15, 5:56 pm

I've lost my motivation to exercise. I have been going non-stop since November with this fitness group I found doing a range of classes (metafit, kettle bells, TRX, boxing, circuits) however for the past month or so I have found myself just not pushing myself like I once did. I don't know if it's because I'm bored of the type of exercise, or maybe just exercise in general. I also think it may be because I'm not seeing the results I did in the beginning.

I'm going on holiday soon so I'll be having time off from exercise so I'm hoping when I return I'll have found some motivation.

HardcoreLegend None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 50

Postby Kein » May 05, '15, 6:22 pm

nOOOOOOUUUUUU. Motivation is fleeting! Keep the discipline! Set daily goals, it sounds like you are worried about the overall progress and making your end goal. While the starting body transformation is fast, it always dies off and progresses much more slowly, but slow and steadily it will still progress. If you stop it won't at all!

Again, try for daily goals, if you are doing a lot of the same exercises, try to check your form, see if you can make your form better, or see if you can last longer then last time, see if you can lift more than last time, all of these things are things to be proud of by the end of your session. Don't let the finish lines distance discourage you! You are living now, not down the road, yet.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby SKS » May 05, '15, 7:32 pm

I'm enjoying my consistent running schedule. Doing 6 miles 3 days a week, 4 miles 2 days a week, 2 days for rest. At 181 pounds now, I feel good and also I notice my stamina getting better every week. Hope to run a 5K this summer.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby Kein » Jun 04, '15, 10:10 pm

Alpha Beast wrote:

Goto youtube and search Layne Norton.

I have no idea how I missed this reply for so long. I looked it up and came across this video

Seems he basically has the "If it fits your macros" (IIFYM) logic and I have seen it a lot on reddit and other places when people talk about diet. Makes sense and I think I try to follow the same idea, I however am not very scientific about it. I don't weigh my food, sometimes I say fuck it and eat half a pizza(even if I try not to eat anything else the rest of the day its probably more than my normal caloric intake :P)I try to take healthier choices when going out to eat, etc.

I jump back and forth between eating more for more muscle gain and eating less to cut too fast. I can say for myself, I am not stressed or fighting a lot with my own willpower on what to eat though. So it is quite easily maintained for me. I just need to do some minor adjustments and stop teetering back and forth between bulk and cut I guess. I might be going on a cruise in the near/semi-near future, so lets go on a cut... Deciding now, cut, not bulk, no excuses.

Now how to go about it more scientifically for real results.... Last time I went on a cut I was exhausted, maybe it was too drastic of a cut? @Alpha Beast

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby War Daddy » Jun 05, '15, 12:16 am

Yeah it sounds like you were crash dieting in a sense. You wanna reduce your calories gradually while expending more energy. Depending how far off the cruise is, I would just work towards that as your goal.

War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Kein » Jun 05, '15, 11:48 am

Oh man expending more energy too? I was hoping to do the same workouts while just going a lil less on the calories generally. Shiet son. I'll try to step it up then!

No idea when the cruise is, we are tossing ideas and figuring it out soon though. First cruise (hopefully it happens) wooooo.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

PreviousNext

Return to General Sports Discussion