It is currently: May 11, '24, 5:04 am

Fitness AMA/Discussion

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

Re: Fitness AMA/Discussion

Postby Kein » Mar 31, '14, 11:49 pm

Alpha Beast wrote: In other news, I fuckin love Quest bars.

ermagerd I love quest bars. They are my savior.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 15

Postby War Daddy » Apr 02, '14, 8:56 am

Kein wrote:
Alpha Beast wrote: In other news, I fuckin love Quest bars.

ermagerd I love quest bars. They are my savior.

Cookie dough thoooooooooo

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 122

Postby SortaCreative » Apr 02, '14, 9:19 am

I have a huge problem with motivation. It's one of the biggest hurdles I have to over come when I think about working out (sometimes I just don't). I can get a few good days in a row going but keeping it up seems really hard for me.

Any tips on motivation? I sort of need to get over this hurdle - and i'm starting to think it might just be a case of fucking manning up and getting on with the exercise :lol It's just so damn hard! I don't even know why!

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby The Legend » Apr 02, '14, 9:52 am

SortaCreative wrote:I have a huge problem with motivation. It's one of the biggest hurdles I have to over come when I think about working out (sometimes I just don't). I can get a few good days in a row going but keeping it up seems really hard for me.

Any tips on motivation? I sort of need to get over this hurdle - and i'm starting to think it might just be a case of fucking manning up and getting on with the exercise :lol It's just so damn hard! I don't even know why!

Two things typically help me. First you have to muscle through the first month and then it just becomes part of your daily routine. Second, I'm someone that likes to workout with someone. If you have someone to help push you through as well it really helps. Part of it is just an ego thing for me. If I work out alone I can convince myself I'm tired far more easily than if I've got someone else going at it with me. In that case I can compete and refuse to give up first.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Chewy » Apr 02, '14, 10:12 am

SortaCreative wrote:I have a huge problem with motivation. It's one of the biggest hurdles I have to over come when I think about working out (sometimes I just don't). I can get a few good days in a row going but keeping it up seems really hard for me.

Realise that every time you work out hard you become a better version of you immediately.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby War Daddy » Apr 02, '14, 10:43 am

Chewy wrote:

Realise that every time you work out hard you become a better version of you immediately.

Some of the best training sessions are done on your least motivated days.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby SortaCreative » Apr 02, '14, 4:09 pm

Chewy wrote:

That was actually really insightful. Thanks man.

And Yeah, John. Getting a training buddy would be a good help. Nice tip. I'm new to the fitness game. Years of lots of real life bs gave me the perfect excuse to binge eat but i'm kind of over being a fat git now.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Kein » Apr 02, '14, 6:34 pm

I am a strong advocate of making it a regular thing, don't think about it like it's something you want to or don't want to do. Make it a priority. I prioritize my workouts over hanging out with people because it is part of my daily schedule (and I love it). I can make exceptions, but generally I tell them I am busy until whatever time I feel is an appropriate amount to finish a good session.

Like Chewy said, you are a better version of yourself immediately, and if you can apply that everytime you go its pretty amazing. I never leave the gym, without working out hard enough to think I was any lesser than I was before.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby War Daddy » Apr 08, '14, 5:59 pm

Gotta be honest guys. With all the weight I've lost and all the strength that went down with it, Im a little in the dumps. I've never cut before so it's really messing with my head at the moment. No worries, Ill dig myself out like usual and get my mind right.

Hopefully.

War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Chewy » Apr 08, '14, 6:29 pm

Alpha Beast wrote:Gotta be honest guys. With all the weight I've lost and all the strength that went down with it, Im a little in the dumps. I've never cut before so it's really messing with my head at the moment. No worries, Ill dig myself out like usual and get my mind right.

Hopefully.

Typical to get some depression symptoms during a cut, physiologically it's linked to a carb deficit.

You're strength will come back quickly, but you'll be ripped when it happens.

The happiest time for me is the first two weeks after a cut, strength gains go through the roof, you're mood is amazing and you're cut as fuck.

Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Kein » Apr 10, '14, 9:38 am

Shameless repost from Reddit. I laffed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzYTrFdK ... ture=share

But in all honesty I don't dig that kind of junk food haha.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby PorkChop » Apr 10, '14, 9:45 am

This shit just got stickied. 8)

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Locke » Apr 10, '14, 9:48 am

Kein wrote:Shameless repost from Reddit. I laffed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzYTrFdK ... ture=share

But in all honesty I don't dig that kind of junk food haha.

Hahaha that was epic.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby War Daddy » Apr 14, '14, 8:04 am

Absolutely murdered chest, triceps, and abs. Brilliant stuff.

How do you guys split your routines up? I usually work whatever feels good that day.

War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby Chewy » Apr 14, '14, 8:24 am

Alpha Beast wrote:Absolutely murdered chest, triceps, and abs. Brilliant stuff.

How do you guys split your routines up? I usually work whatever feels good that day.

I do either push pull or total body splits.

As long as I keep track of how many movements I train per week I'm good.

Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby The Legend » Apr 14, '14, 8:30 am

I stick with a pretty stringent routines. On Monday/Friday I do chest and triceps, Tuesday/Saturday I do shoulders/abs/cardio, On Wednesday/Sunday I do back/biceps/forearms. On Thursday I do cardio/abs.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby Kein » Apr 15, '14, 10:16 am

Mon, Wed, Fri is core and legs.

Tue, Thur are chest, back, shoulder, core.

My problem is I tend to do a lot of the same exercises for isolating these muscles. Glad I have a lifting partner to make me switch it up once in a while.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Postby War Daddy » Apr 15, '14, 5:59 pm

The Legend wrote:

I stick with a pretty stringent routines. On Monday/Friday I do chest and triceps, Tuesday/Saturday I do shoulders/abs/cardio, On Wednesday/Sunday I do back/biceps/forearms. On Thursday I do cardio/abs.

Are you skipping leg days sir?

War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Apr 15, '14, 6:45 pm

Alpha Beast wrote:
The Legend wrote:

No I do legs on Thursdays.

World Champion
World Champion

Postby War Daddy » Apr 16, '14, 4:54 am

The Legend wrote:
Alpha Beast wrote:
The Legend wrote:

No I do legs on Thursdays.

But it says cardio and abs. :P

War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author

PreviousNext

Return to General Sports Discussion