It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 9:45 am

Conor McGregor trashes up UFC coach, now hands himself into NYPD

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

Conor McGregor trashes up UFC coach, now hands himself into NYPD

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Apr 06, '18, 6:38 am

So.. this came across my feed last night.

It seems as a result of his actions, some fights from the UFC PPV are off/replacements brought in but there seems to be a back story that Khabib (who has called out Conor) beat up one of his friends in the gym hence the retribution.

It doesn't seem like no stunt with people injured but surely a fight between Conor and Khabib, however great the skill parity might be between the two, happens?

I'd actually forgotten about Conor since the Mayweather fight so this is some way to re-introduce himself.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: Conor McGregor trashes up UFC coach, now hands himself into NYPD

Postby The Legend » Apr 06, '18, 9:05 am

I don't know if this fight happens (at least not in a UFC octagon). McGregor caused himself a ton of shit last night and will not fight in UFC for a long time if ever again would be my guess. The criminal charges could very well lead to a potential jail sentence. Depending on the cost to repair the bus and other things he damaged McGregor is looking at a maximum jail sentence of 7-10 years (one year a piece for the three people he injured - two fighters and a bystander and 4-7 years for the felony damages he caused for throwing things at the bus and other damages).

Dana White has also already stated this was the worst thing that's ever happened in UFC and along with a suspension the UFC will likely sue McGregor, which basically means you have a CM Punk-WWE situation of another variety.

I don't think Connor realizes how much he fucked up his career last night. My guess is the only "fighting" job he'll have left to him would be to make the jump to WWE.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Apr 06, '18, 1:48 pm

I'm not so sure about McGregor in WWE. Would you want to give the guy a live microphone on a PG show? More importantly, if you were a wrestler, would you want to trust him with your body?

The guy is a scumbag. He'll probably fight for UFC again, but he shouldn't. They'd drop him now if they were smart, before he becomes even more trouble than he's worth. If he ever fights again, it should only be after apologising and displaying some genuine attempt at getting his act together. Which I doubt we'll see any time soon.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby The Legend » Apr 06, '18, 4:47 pm

Hanley! wrote:I'm not so sure about McGregor in WWE. Would you want to give the guy a live microphone on a PG show? More importantly, if you were a wrestler, would you want to trust him with your body?

The guy is a scumbag. He'll probably fight for UFC again, but he shouldn't. They'd drop him now if they were smart, before he becomes even more trouble than he's worth. If he ever fights again, it should only be after apologising and displaying some genuine attempt at getting his act together. Which I doubt we'll see any time soon.

I agree with you about McGregor being a scumbag and I wouldn't sign him for anything I was doing, anybody that can make Floyd Mayweather look anything but terrible in the build to a fight is pretty much failing as a human being, but Vince thinks differently, he signed Mike Tyson after all.

McGregor has more charisma and is a better fit for WWE than all the UFC people they've signed combined. You are right about it being a PG show, but it is also a very scripted show, I'm sure you could write a clause in his contract that would void it if he goes off script/cusses/etc., maybe even recoup some money already paid to him at that point.

I don't know if it will happen and it probably shouldn't happen, but money is more important than what's right for both Vince and Dana, so anything is possible.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby PorkChop » Apr 07, '18, 3:35 pm

The Legend wrote:Depending on the cost to repair the bus and other things he damaged McGregor is looking at a maximum jail sentence of 7-10 years (one year a piece for the three people he injured - two fighters and a bystander and 4-7 years for the felony damages he caused for throwing things at the bus and other damages).

No way does McGregor do that long in jail. People who have admitted rape and manslaughter have done less. McGregor threw a couple of things at a bus. I'd be surprised if he does a significant amount of time behind bars, if any at all.

McGregor would also be a bad fit for WWE. He's 5"9 and walks around at 170lbs, so despite his credentials wouldn't look like a credible threat even when facing off against average sized wrestlers such as Cesaro, Sheamus etc. He's made a career for himself beating guys who weigh the same (or less) as most WWE Divas. Granted, he beat a majority of them impressively though.

I also highly doubt WWE would let the guy hold a microphone on a live show. They'd be stupid to give him a microphone, and equally as stupid to let anyone talk for him. I don't know how much interest McGregor would have in performing for WWE anyway to be honest. Most likely, unless they coughed up a massive amount of money - multi millions - he wouldn't have any interest at all.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Return to General Sports Discussion