It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 3:36 pm

Cavs trade Irving to Boston for IT, #1 pick

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

Cavs trade Irving to Boston for IT, #1 pick

Postby The Legend » Aug 22, '17, 6:34 pm

The Cavs traded whiny, cry baby Kyrie Irving, who apparently gets tired of winning, to Boston for Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder and Brooklyn's first round pick. There's a good chance that the pick will net Cleveland their fourth #1 overall pick in the past eight year. Suck it losers.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: Cavs trade Irving to Boston for IT, #1 pick

Postby Circled Square » Aug 23, '17, 12:28 pm

IT is a turbo manlet with a bad hip. That Nets pick tho.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Everlong » Aug 23, '17, 12:29 pm

Kyrie's a babyback bitch. He gets to enjoy never winning a title again while the Cavs get a nice haul.

Still probably doesn't help the Cavs overtake Golden State, but they come out of this much better than Kyrie does for sure.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby Str8Shooter » Aug 23, '17, 1:25 pm

I'm not sure this moves the needle that much for either team. The Cavs get more guys and a potentially high pick so I guess they win. Swapping one all star PG for another seems like a wash. I'm not sure if one guy is that much better than the other.

Lebron is probably bolting after this year anyway where Boston will have Kyrie for a while.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Everlong » Aug 23, '17, 2:33 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:I'm not sure this moves the needle that much for either team. The Cavs get more guys and a potentially high pick so I guess they win. Swapping one all star PG for another seems like a wash. I'm not sure if one guy is that much better than the other.

Lebron is probably bolting after this year anyway where Boston will have Kyrie for a while.

People keep saying this, but I don't really know where LeBron would go. He's a god in Cleveland, they're the only team right now that can compete with Golden State. What, the Lakers? They're nothing right now. The Spurs? Taking him on wouldn't be their style. It doesn't really benefit LeBron to move on.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Str8Shooter » Aug 23, '17, 4:47 pm

Everlong wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:I'm not sure this moves the needle that much for either team. The Cavs get more guys and a potentially high pick so I guess they win. Swapping one all star PG for another seems like a wash. I'm not sure if one guy is that much better than the other.

People keep saying this, but I don't really know where LeBron would go. He's a god in Cleveland, they're the only team right now that can compete with Golden State. What, the Lakers? They're nothing right now. The Spurs? Taking him on wouldn't be their style. It doesn't really benefit LeBron to move on.

The Lakers are the hot rumour. I believe someone reported the other day that Lebron is "definitely" gone after this season. The Lakers aren't great by any means, but they have some young pieces. And the theory is they'll sign both Lebron and Paul George from OKC. Plus wherever Lebron goes there's usually ring chasing vets who will sign for cheap to play with him.

Now would they be good enough so beat the Warriors, probably not. But I don't think it's outlandish at all to see him go there.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby The Legend » Aug 23, '17, 6:38 pm

LeBron likes winning. He likes consistently getting to the finals. Short of finding a way to join Golden State, tell me what team he can join and be better positioned to make the finals and a run at the championship, it's not any team in the West and Kyrie and LeBron won't re-join in Boston in the East so I don't see that either.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Aug 24, '17, 1:49 pm

Everlong wrote:Kyrie's a babyback bitch. He gets to enjoy never winning a title again while the Cavs get a nice haul.

There is a good chance LeBron will bail on Cleveland next year. Also, Boston was the #1 seed last year. Granted that was with Cleveland maybe not going 100% but a squad led by Gordon Hayward, Kyrie Irving, and Al Horford can definitely win a lot of games and challenge the Cavs. Thomas is still battling a hip injury and Love isn't exactly the most injury free player either.

I think his odds of winning a title this year isn't that much less than it would be with the Cavs, and certainly a lot higher than they would be if/when LeBron leaves again. Neither squad is beating the Warriors anyway.

I don't see why Irving is getting so much hate for this. Lets be real. The Cavs weren't beating the Warriors this year. They simply don't have a chance in hell of beating them in a 7 game series. It took a lot of luck and Curry sucking for them to come down from a 1-3 deficit, and that was when the Warriors didn't have Durant. Irving is better off going to a team with better coaching with a more concrete future than staying with the Cavaliers when it is anybody's guess on whether or not they will keep LeBron.

Last edited by Messiah on Aug 24, '17, 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Messiah » Aug 24, '17, 1:49 pm

The Legend wrote:LeBron likes winning. He likes consistently getting to the finals. Short of finding a way to join Golden State, tell me what team he can join and be better positioned to make the finals and a run at the championship, it's not any team in the West and Kyrie and LeBron won't re-join in Boston in the East so I don't see that either.

Rockets.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby The Legend » Aug 24, '17, 2:23 pm

Messiah wrote:
The Legend wrote:LeBron likes winning. He likes consistently getting to the finals. Short of finding a way to join Golden State, tell me what team he can join and be better positioned to make the finals and a run at the championship, it's not any team in the West and Kyrie and LeBron won't re-join in Boston in the East so I don't see that either.

Rockets.

Not getting to the Finals. Not getting past Golden State.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Aug 24, '17, 5:19 pm

You asked what team he would have a better chance at winning a championship with. If you seriously think teaming with Thomas-Love-Thompson gives him a better chance than winning a championship with Harden-Paul and the depth that they have, then you are fooling yourself. Sure, the odds of that Cavs team making it to the finals may be higher (simply by being in the West), but the odds of them beating the Warriors vs. the Rockets odds of beating the Warriors with LBJ is considerably lower. Either way, Finals or not, you have to get past the Warriors. Rockets would have a much better chance of doing that than the Cavs would. Hence he has a better chance of winning a title with the Rockets than he would the Cavs. There is no way you could possibly believe otherwise.

And if we have to stick with an East team, then the Wizards with LBJ are arguably better than the Cavs with LBJ. Probably the Bucks too. I would say the Sixers but they still have a lot of unknowns with their young players (Embiid's health, Simmons hasn't played yet, Markelle hasn't played yet). Cavs aren't that good of a team without LeBron James.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Return to General Sports Discussion