It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 11:45 am

Joshua vs Klitschko

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

Joshua vs Klitschko

Postby PorkChop » Apr 29, '17, 2:31 am

Who you got?

Wlad is the first legit opponent Joshua has faced, and I'm always down for a hype train derailment. He hasn't looked good for his last couple of rights though - the last time I remember Wlad looking good was against Pulev.

I'm not sure who takes it, but I think if it's not over by the third round it'll be a fairly dull one.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: Joshua vs Klitschko

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Apr 29, '17, 9:11 am

Fight Night is edging near..

And I completely cannot get invested in the build up to this as it's - not surprising as Eddie Hearn is involved - too consuming for a fight they IMO is not a Wembley fight. Fury took apart Wlad and his invincibility has disappeared having not fought since that defeat. Joshua wins or loses, I don't see he gains massively besides the glamour of fighting at Wembley (Joshua v Fury would be a Wembley fight for sure).

Joshua to win in 7

Also, that online chat between Dr Dre and AJ must have been really difficult to arrange... (AJ is never seen without that headset)

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 519

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 30, '17, 1:04 am

Man, that was an incredible fight. Instant classic, felt like a movie.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby PorkChop » Apr 30, '17, 3:28 am

Undoubtedly FOTY and also one of the greatest heavyweight contests of the modern era.

Massive respect to Wlad. I didn't think he had performances like that left in him anymore, but he proved me wrong. He might be 41, but he looked 15 years younger in there.

Tyson Fury beats Joshua though, 100%.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Apr 30, '17, 9:55 am

The stream I was on died after round 3 so ended up listening on 5 Live but what a fight! Couldn't believe the turns of momentum but full credit to Joshua, he somehow dug in to survive before going on the attack in the 11th to secure the KO. Judges had him two up which not a surprise being the home fighter. I'd be amazed if there was a rematch but safe to say Carl Froch would have been gutted, seeing his attendance record beaten by 10k and a memorable main event that the crowd was fully invested in.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Return to General Sports Discussion