It is currently: May 10, '24, 12:05 am

Dana White: "CM Punk probably won't fight in the UFC again"

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

Dana White: "CM Punk probably won't fight in the UFC again"

Postby PorkChop » Oct 17, '16, 7:08 am

“Is CM Punk going to be a guy who is going to stay in the UFC and continue to fight? Probably not,” White said on UFC Tonight, per Tristen Critchfield of Sherdog.com. “But he wanted to try it. I like the guy. I respect the guy. He wanted to fight in the UFC. He wanted to do it. He trained for two years, and he did it.”

“There’s been situations like Brock Lesnar who came in and wanted to do it, and obviously that one turned out well,” he said. “Then obviously we had the CM Punk thing. It just depends. I wouldn’t say that I’m looking for retired NFL players for pay-per-view or anything like that. I just don’t know what the real interest is in seeing some of these guys fights or even if it makes sense.”

"I know he wants to get back on the mat and keep working. I had a plethora of promoters reach out to me but I'm not his manager. People have shown great interest in working with him."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/10/16/1 ... ling-fight

Bellator will certainly be looking to pick him up as he'd bring in viewers wherever he goes. I don't know whether he'd want to go there though. Bellator are the TNA of MMA, basically.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Re: Dana White: "CM Punk probably won't fight in the UFC again"

Postby Str8Shooter » Oct 17, '16, 7:55 am

I note the use of the word "probably".

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 359

Postby Westcoastvibes » Oct 17, '16, 8:29 pm

I think he just needs to spend his days at home with AJ Lee naked all the time

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 18, '16, 6:50 am

Hmm, nice of White to ditch Punk after one fight as it was his decision to sign it off in the first place and it went awry. I'd like to think Punk will want to go out on a better note hence he will continue his MMA career and Bellator (is it a company owned by UFC?) sounds a logical route to build up his experience.

I hope he returns and puts in a more respectable ending to his MMA flirtation rather than retire to his couch forever which he could do given his financial security.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby PorkChop » Oct 18, '16, 7:02 am

^ Bellator are a separate company to the UFC and are probably the UFC's most noteworthy competitor. They have a handful of guys on their roster who are actually good, but most of them are have-beens and never-weres. To say they're the TNA of the MMA world is quite accurate. Funnily enough, Bellator and TNA have cross-promoted on a few occasions too.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 1430

Postby HFX » Oct 18, '16, 10:12 am

PorkChop wrote:^ Bellator are a separate company to the UFC and are probably the UFC's most noteworthy competitor. They have a handful of guys on their roster who are actually good, but most of them are have-beens and never-weres. To say they're the TNA of the MMA world is quite accurate. Funnily enough, Bellator and TNA have cross-promoted on a few occasions too.

Didn't they only cross-promote because they were both on Spike during those times?

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Return to General Sports Discussion