It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 9:43 pm

MLB Playoffs start tonight!

Talk about any sports in here that do not fit our other forum categories.

Moderator: PorkChop

MLB Playoffs start tonight!

Postby The Legend » Oct 06, '16, 5:06 am

So it's time for the baseball playoffs to start and after two fantastic play in games for the wild card, it looks like a very interesting field. I'd like to hear what everyone thinks. Here's how I'd predict the playoffs:

ALDS:

Boston vs Cleveland - Terry Francona takes on the team that he ended an 86 year World Series drought to win two championships with, now with his new team, a team that's trying to end a 68 year championship drought. The Indians feature quite possibly the best pitching in the AL and the Sox have easily the best offense. Cleveland's offense is pretty good too. Cleveland Wins in 5 games and everyone goes to the Party at Napoli's!

Toronto vs Texas - The final chapter of a year long feud? Last postseason Jose Bautista set off a firestorm with his bat flip around the world. Texas got all pissy started throwing at Bautista and then Rougned Odor punched his lights out at second base. Bautista gets the last laugh here. Toronto Wins in 4 games.

NLDS:

San Francisco vs Chicago - It's 2016, so of course when it looks like the Chicago Cubs have their best chance to put all their curses and bad luck behind them they run into the team that makes the World Series in every even year in the first round. It's just so Cubs. Giants Win in 5 games.

Los Angeles vs Washington - This is a series that really goes under the radar. I'll go with SoCal vs NoCal NLCS. Dodgers win in 4 games.

ALCS:

Toronto vs Cleveland - The Blue Jays are the one team in the AL playoffs that the Indians have a winning record against this season. Expect that trend to continue as Cleveland rides the best home field advantage in the American League to the World Series. Cleveland Wins in 5 games.

NLCS:

Giants vs Dodgers - As mentioned earlier, it's an even year, the Giants make the World Series in even years. End of discussion. Giants win in 6 games.

World Series:

San Francisco vs Cleveland - Move over Green Bay, Wisconsin, Cleveland, Ohio is Title Town, USA now!! The only thing wrong with the Cavs championship was that they had to win it on the road. With the American League holding home field advantage the Tribe won't have that problem. Cleveland Wins in 6 games. P.S. when Cleveland hosts Game 1 of the World Series, right across the street the Cavaliers will be kicking off their season with a ring ceremony the same night. In what can only be described as the greatest night in Cleveland ever.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: MLB Playoffs start tonight!

Postby Everlong » Oct 06, '16, 9:35 am

Going all in on your Tribe eh? :P I'd like to see Cleveland win it, for sure.

Really though as long as it's anyone but the Cubs I'm fine. I live in such close proximity to Cubs central that I have to consider them one of the top three most annoying fanbases in all of sports, even though I don't give a shit about baseball.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby DBSoT » Oct 06, '16, 12:22 pm

ALDS:Red Sox over Indians - Red Sox are a better offense and can match the Indians pitching at the top.
Toronto over Texas - Happ, Sanchez and Stroman are too much for Texas.

ALCS: Toronto over Red Sox - I don't believe in momentum when it comes to baseball, but Toronto could be riding hot bats. This series between division rivals should go the distance and be pretty damn good.

NLDS: Cubs over San Francisco - Cubs are the best team in baseball and will learn from their mistakes last post-season. The Mad Bum can only bail out the Giants so many times.
Washington over Dodgers - If Kershaw is 100% then this could be close, but he isn't and Washington has Scherzer, who can win at least 2 games.

NLCS: Cubs over Washington - Scherzer can only steal so many games before the rest of the staff has to step up. Lester, Arrieta, Hendricks are all aces or close to aces. Good luck stopping that staff.

World Series: Cubs over Toronto - Lester, Arrieta and Hendricks out dual Happ, Sanchez and Stroman.

The scariest thing about the Cubs is that they are only going to get better. They are still young and have the best GM/coach combo in baseball.

Though I can't stand either of these fanbases, the game would include some pretty crazy crowds.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby The Legend » Oct 06, '16, 4:26 pm

^^^ The Sox can match the Indians starting pitching to an extent, although Cleveland has an advantage with Klubot over Price in Games 2 and 5. But where the Indians really have an advantage is with Miller and Allen nobody's getting a hit in the eighth or ninth inning.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Oct 19, '16, 5:16 pm

@DBSOT

How about the Indians now?

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby DBSoT » Oct 19, '16, 5:50 pm

I guess congrats. You made the thread though, so were decending opinions not welcome? Enjoy it man.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby The Legend » Oct 19, '16, 6:23 pm

DBSoT wrote:I guess congrats. You made the thread though, so were decending opinions not welcome? Enjoy it man.

Oh no they were welcome, if I was you I probably would have thought the same thing. I'm just enjoying the moment right now.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Oct 24, '16, 8:22 am

@The Legend the Indians had better beat the Cubs or I am holding you personally responsible.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby The Legend » Oct 24, '16, 2:32 pm

Everlong wrote:@The Legend the Indians had better beat the Cubs or I am holding you personally responsible.

The Indians had better beat the Cubs because I can't handle any more sports disappointment than the sinking oil barge that is the Cleveland Browns.

World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Return to General Sports Discussion