It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 7:05 am

Are we done for?

This is the forum where admin/moderator announcements and any discussion about the forums should take place.

Are we done for?

Postby Everlong » Sep 05, '16, 11:05 am

Hey guys,

So things have slowed to a snails pace on this site. It seems most people have drifted away or aren't interested in posting any more.

I'm going to continue to host this site as long as there are even just a few people who want it to be here. But I guess what I'm just wondering is... what do you need from me or the board to pump even just a little bit of activity into this place?

It's clear that we are never again goimg to have a thriving community. I would just like to have one that isn't completely dead.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Are we done for?

Postby Messiah » Sep 05, '16, 11:09 am

Honestly, it is what it is. I wish it was more active, but it's not a turn-off for me. I still enjoy coming here and there are usually still people in the cBox for PPVs, which is cool as this is the only forum I come to for wrestling (don't do reddit or anything). Plus I imagine the chatbox for football games will still be fun.

I don't know. I mean, its still possible to engineer a lot of traffic in the future. I've said since Day 1 it would be a really low process. So I guess I disagree. I don't think we are "completely dead".

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Postby Everlong » Sep 05, '16, 11:11 am

That's good to hear.

Like I said, I have no plans of shutting this place down. But I am a little discouraged by how much slower than normal we've been. Football should at least give things a bit of a kickstart.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Postby Str8Shooter » Sep 05, '16, 12:29 pm

Yeah it's slow as hell. I mean I never really thought it would be likely to start luring in new people to the site, but it's the shocking loss of formerly active members that's the most disappointing. And I guess that's partly my fault too, as I should be trying to start more threads to create discussion.

At this point we should be wondering more of how to bring back the people that used to more active. Even if it isn't the wrestling section the other sections could still be more active.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Hanley! » Sep 05, '16, 1:01 pm

I dunno, it is still a wrestling site and that's what we have in common. I feel like if the wrestling section gets busier, everything else will get busier too. And in fairness, there's plenty to talk about in the world of wrestling right now, and even the WWE product is a lot better than it was 2 or 3 years ago.

It's probably just inevitable that the place would slow down. We were a small enough community to begin with, some people were bound to fall away, and we didn't have a way of replenishing those numbers. Then when we go through a lull, people start to think there's no point coming on here and they fall away too.

Right now I don't think the site has to die all that soon, but given the gradual decline, it does seem like it will get there before too long. I guess we either enjoy the ride while we can, or we try to do something about it. Not sure what that would be at this stage though.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby War Daddy » Sep 05, '16, 1:23 pm

I still lurk, I just never have anything to post :lol I usually get beat to the punch or get no replies to the ones I do post.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Sep 05, '16, 2:10 pm

I still try to post and make an effort to check out the forum for new threads/posts but there isn't much happening atm but think it'll be a gradual upturn hopefully. Still want to see this place succeed and thrive.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby PorkChop » Sep 05, '16, 7:19 pm

I'm guilty of not posting and creating topics much lately, so I'll shoulder some of the blame. A problem we've always had though, ever since the days of WWE-Club, is that many people here don't create topics. Towards the end of WWE-Club (2012-2013) we had about 3 people keeping the site alive, and we're in a very similar situation now. If we want the forum to thrive, we have to get more people pulling their weight.

I think it's too early to pull the plug, but we should probably accept we'll never have activity levels half as much as WWE-Club had, even when it was phasing out. It's a shame, because given the chance I think we could do a much better job given the opportunity. I really don't want us to shut down. There are some great people here who I've enjoyed talking with since I joined WWE-Club in 2010. Although we'd probably just move over to Skype, it would be sad to see us shut the doors on our forum, considering it was a forum which brought us all together in the first place.

Perhaps we just need a new scandal. Tim could be reunited with his long-lost brother joey368. Hanley and Peepee could be revealed as one person, like a bizarre Jekyll and Hyde.

Whatever happens though, I'll always stop by here each day and see what's going on. I'll always have time for this community.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Westcoastvibes » Sep 05, '16, 7:20 pm

I think we need a heartless member who is willing to infiltrate reddit and be a huge whore with squaredcircle.net posts

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby War Daddy » Sep 05, '16, 7:31 pm

Westcoastvibes wrote:I think we need a heartless member who is willing to infiltrate reddit and be a huge whore with squaredcircle.net posts

Say when.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby Daz » Sep 06, '16, 2:18 am

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Sep 06, '16, 4:05 am

IDK what the viewing numbers are but I'd imagine it would be more worrying if people weren't visiting at all. I always hover over to see what threads are open to post in but would never (probably because it has become routine for me) not visit.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Return to Forum Info and Discussion