It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 11:48 am

Forum Direction?

This is the forum where admin/moderator announcements and any discussion about the forums should take place.

Forum Direction?

Postby ShaneOfan » Oct 09, '13, 5:20 pm

It seems like we are taking this into a sports route. (I think we can keep the movies, tv, music, etc but focus on the sports)

So what categories do we want?

Section for sports with boards for:
Football
Baseball
Hockey
Soccer
Wrestling
Boxing
MMA

I would also have a section for fantasy with boards for:
PCW
Roundtables
Fantasy football/soccer/Baseball/etc

Plus generic boards:
Off topic
Movies/TV
Music
Technology
Books/Comics (hey I love comics!)
News

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 260

Re: Forum Direction?

Postby Everlong » Oct 09, '13, 5:23 pm

Let's not count our chickens before they've hatched, I'm not sold on the viability of a generic sports forum. I think forums that have focused subject matters are likely to have more success in promotion.

Also, the last thing we want to do this early on is create a ton of forums and spread out the activity. We want all of our forums to be active, which helps to bring in new people, which can then lead to more forums. Part of the problem with WWE-Club near the end was that there were so many forums that were inactive that it probably looked pretty dull to anybody who was thinking about registering.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby Georgerv » Oct 09, '13, 5:26 pm

I think wrestling should remain the main focus, after all it's what brought us all together in the first place

Georgerv Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 42

Postby ShaneOfan » Oct 09, '13, 5:26 pm

reyflyinfury619 wrote:Let's not count our chickens before they've hatched, I'm not sold on the viability of a generic sports forum. I think forums that have focused subject matters are likely to have more success in promotion.

Also, the last thing we want to do this early on is create a ton of forums and spread out the activity. We want all of our forums to be active, which helps to bring in new people, which can then lead to more forums. Part of the problem with WWE-Club near the end was that there were so many forums that were inactive that it probably looked pretty dull to anybody who was thinking about registering.

Fair enough. :| I'll hang my head in shame

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 260

Postby Everlong » Oct 09, '13, 5:27 pm

^Haha no way man, I'm glad to have all of the opinions that we can get, there's no such thing as a dumb idea as far as I'm concerned.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby PorkChop » Oct 09, '13, 5:30 pm

I'm not sold on us being a wrestling forum again. WWE Club was a wrestling forum and it died long ago in terms of wrestling activity.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Everlong » Oct 09, '13, 5:32 pm

PorkChop wrote:I'm not sold on us being a wrestling forum again. WWE Club was a wrestling forum and it died long ago in terms of wrestling activity.

That's also a good point. But there are plenty of other very active wrestling forums on the web as well.

I dunno, it's difficult. I'm inclined toward more of a sports theme as well, I just think it'd be difficult to market a general sports board.

No matter what we do, I want wrestling to always have a place here, because that's what brought us together.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby GNR » Oct 09, '13, 6:15 pm

I'd want as few forums as possible, so the activity can be condensed and there aren't any dead forums.

I agree with keeping wrestling around, but I don't think it should be the main focus, sports and entertainment should be our main focus in terms of member growth if that's where we're heading.

GNR Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 18

Postby Headlesspete » Oct 09, '13, 7:32 pm

Georgerv wrote:I think wrestling should remain the main focus, after all it's what brought us all together in the first place

This. As long as i have a place to discuss Wrestling, I'm sold! :tu

Headlesspete None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 61

Postby Kyle » Oct 09, '13, 7:36 pm

I agree with what many are saying - wrestling should be there, but it shouldn't be the focus.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby Chewy » Oct 10, '13, 2:49 am

We're just a bunch of awesome dudes discussing stuff. That's what our forum is for.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby HFX » Oct 10, '13, 1:10 pm

I think the forum should be headed North. Canada is North and therefore North is the best direction.

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby JDD » Oct 10, '13, 1:34 pm

Chewy wrote:We're just a bunch of awesome dudes discussing stuff. That's what our forum is for.

This. The community is the reason we all stayed on wwe-club when it was on its last leg, and its the reason we all came here. Cause of all us awesome people :tim

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Return to Forum Info and Discussion