It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 9:27 am

What would you guys think about some rearrangements?

This is the forum where admin/moderator announcements and any discussion about the forums should take place.

What would you guys think about some rearrangements?

Postby Everlong » Dec 04, '13, 5:06 pm

I've been trying to figure out new ways that we can change the layout of the forum to reflect our new theme and the audiences that we're trying to market ourselves to. Basically at this point we seem to be mostly related to sports and wrestling, so it seems to me that those forums should be near the top.

What I'm thinking of doing right now is removing sports from the general discussions category and making its own category, and putting it at the top of the board. Within that category we'd have a forum for sports discussion and a forum for roundtables/contests/fantasy. Maybe down the line we could give different sports their own forums (particularly NFL and soccer), but I don't know if we're quite there yet.

Then, I'd bring the wrestling section up and put it right underneath the sports section, with the rest of the specific discussion topics put toward the bottom. The idea is that we want our big attractions near the top so that people will see them right away.

What do you guys think about this? Feel free to throw out any different ideas you have, or suggestions as to what we can do with the general discussions/forum info boards as well in terms of their position.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: What would you guys think about some rearrangements?

Postby Settee » Dec 04, '13, 6:25 pm

I've been thinking an MMA or UFC section could work. That could help bring in new members that are fans of MMA but not wrestling. Just something to think about.

Thanks for the Sig Tim!
Settee Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 49

Postby Everlong » Dec 04, '13, 6:25 pm

Settee321 wrote:I've been thinking an MMA or UFC section could work. That could help bring in new members that are fans of MMA but not wrestling. Just something to think about.

I think it's something to think about down the road, but I don't want to add any forums for subjects that don't get any significant discussion on here already.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Viazon » Dec 04, '13, 6:27 pm

This would be the time where I normally joke and say something like, "I fear change," but I actually think this would be a good idea.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby PorkChop » Dec 04, '13, 6:37 pm

Everlong wrote:
Settee321 wrote:I've been thinking an MMA or UFC section could work. That could help bring in new members that are fans of MMA but not wrestling. Just something to think about.

I think it's something to think about down the road, but I don't want to add any forums for subjects that don't get any significant discussion on here already.

I'd love this place to have some more posts about MMA, I'd even offer to mod the section - but right now, it wouldn't work. There were very few posters on the old board who frequently talked about MMA, and even less so here.

We'll just have to go with the flow, and bring in certain sections due to popular demand.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Viazon » Dec 04, '13, 7:16 pm

I should really get more into MMA. Then I would be able to talk more about it. I know most of my friends are quite knowledgeable about it. I never even really know when it's ever on. Is it usually Pay Par View or can you watch it on TV for free?

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby PorkChop » Dec 04, '13, 7:24 pm

Viazon wrote:I should really get more into MMA. Then I would be able to talk more about it. I know most of my friends are quite knowledgeable about it. I never even really know when it's ever on. Is it usually Pay Par View or can you watch it on TV for free?

It's on BT Sport in the UK, but obviously you can stream events.

It really is a good sport. Once people get past the deeply-ingrained idea that it's two people basically having a street fight in a cage, it's fascinating. Each UFC champion is an incredible athlete, each disciplined in wrestling, jiujitsu, muay thai and other forms of martial arts. It's fascinating seeing one form of martial art pitted against another.

MMA is still on the rise, and has recently taken over MLB in popularity. It's still not mainstream, but it's still very entertaining.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Viazon » Dec 04, '13, 7:33 pm

Cool. I get BT Sport. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Dec 04, '13, 8:13 pm

Sports is my favourite section so that at the top would be cool for me but yeah, a sub section with picks/fantasy would be ideal. Help people stay in touch with games etc.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby ShaneOfan » Dec 04, '13, 8:43 pm

Yeah having football and soccer and even baseball forums would be a cool idea

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby SlightlyJames » Dec 04, '13, 8:51 pm

Hmm, I would say that until we do add subforums for different sports and whatnot, we should just move sports to the top of the specific discussions section. That way you'll still see it immediately below The Pub.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Everlong » Dec 05, '13, 2:52 pm

Any other opinions on this before I make any decisions?

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby PorkChop » Dec 07, '13, 7:38 pm

Is this still happening Tim?

One thing I'd suggest is that we need to have a 'Register' section on the main page similar to the one we had back at WWE-Club. We need to get new blood in this place and encourage people to join.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Everlong » Dec 07, '13, 11:25 pm

Yeah, it's a possibility. I think it'll probably happen soon.

In terms of the register stuff, there's links on every page if you're not logged into the site in the sidebar. So it should be pretty obvious for people to go there.

We actually had two people join that I don't know who they are, so we got that going for us haha.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Return to Forum Info and Discussion