It is currently: Mar 29, '24, 2:29 am

What can we do to encourage more activity?

This is the forum where admin/moderator announcements and any discussion about the forums should take place.

What can we do to encourage more activity?

Postby Everlong » Nov 04, '15, 9:10 am

This place has been really dead recently. This tends to happen around this time of year, but this is the worst it's ever gotten.

I just wanted to put up a thread to see what can be done from a management perspective to encourage more activity on this place. Short of getting more people to sign up, which has been really tough, I'm running out of ideas, so I wanted to check with you guys.

There's no posts after RAWs or PPVs any more, which is the biggest concern for me. Do people feel like their opinions aren't welcome? I hope nobody feels that way.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: What can we do to encourage more activity?

Postby SlightlyJames » Nov 04, '15, 11:20 am

I started The Metagame for something to do and one person out of six made a submission. :lol As far as me posting goes, a lot of the stuff I have any interest in doing high effort posts about gets blanked so I've generally just stopped bothering, and with nothing to reply to (seems pretty much every topic atm is about US Football :lol ) I've been lurking, pretty much.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 275

Postby Everlong » Nov 04, '15, 11:37 am

SlightlyJames wrote:I started The Metagame for something to do and one person out of six made a submission. :lol As far as me posting goes, a lot of the stuff I have any interest in doing high effort posts about gets blanked so I've generally just stopped bothering, and with nothing to reply to (seems pretty much every topic atm is about US Football :lol ) I've been lurking, pretty much.

Oh shit, i'm sorry man, I just completely forgot to do that :lol Gotta send out PM reminders :P

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 04, '15, 12:37 pm

Yeah I can definitely try and think up some WWE threads to get started and hopefully at least one of them gains some sort of traction. It's hard though because you make a bunch and then you barely get any responses it's discouraging.

Maybe we need some more "hot button" topics or something. I mean we don't wanna go full on Circled Square arguments with it :lol . But some kind of topics that can actually spur on some healthy debate among people. Not necessarily wrestling but in other sections as well. Something that might make people think a bit. I dunno.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby The Legend » Nov 04, '15, 12:59 pm

I don't know. I mean I'm always active this time of year in the NFL section, I guess most of the rest of the board I don't have a high motivation for posting on. WWE stuff gets hard because I feel like I look at WWE differently than most of the other people on the board and it gets tiring sometimes always debating some of those things.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Viazon » Nov 04, '15, 3:38 pm

I feel I should say that I know I haven't really been very active lately and I feel I should explain why. You guys may think it's an odd reason but it's the only one I have.

I have suffered with back and leg problems for years now. I'm talking about nearly a decade. The last month or so, I have been suffering from sciatica quite badly. I don't know if anyone has ever had this before, but it's a pain like I never could have ever imagined. It's been worse this month than it's ever been and it doesn't seem to be getting better.

Why has this effected my activity you ask? Well, the pain in my leg is unbelievably uncomfortable, I can barely sit or lie down or relax without it being painful. Whether I'm sitting down on a chair or couch with my laptop or whether I'm lying on my front on my bed, it's always painful. There are only certain weird and odd positions I can put my body in where I don't feel any pain or some sort of relief from the pain. And in these positions, it makes it awkward for me to be on a laptop.

May sound like an odd reason but there it is. I have been to the doctors and they have referred me to a physiotherapist. The most important thing for me right now is to get better and doing stuff like even relaxing to watch TV or play computer games puts me in so much pain. I don't even think about that sort of stuff. Hopefully it will get better soon.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby UTK » Nov 05, '15, 12:29 pm

SlightlyJames wrote:I started The Metagame for something to do and one person out of six made a submission. :lol As far as me posting goes, a lot of the stuff I have any interest in doing high effort posts about gets blanked so I've generally just stopped bothering, and with nothing to reply to (seems pretty much every topic atm is about US Football :lol ) I've been lurking, pretty much.

Oh snap, I forgot about that, to be honest. I'll still do it if it's going to happen.

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby VaderBomb » Nov 05, '15, 12:46 pm

Viazon wrote:I feel I should say that I know I haven't really been very active lately and I feel I should explain why. You guys may think it's an odd reason but it's the only one I have.

I have suffered with back and leg problems for years now. I'm talking about nearly a decade. The last month or so, I have been suffering from sciatica quite badly. I don't know if anyone has ever had this before, but it's a pain like I never could have ever imagined. It's been worse this month than it's ever been and it doesn't seem to be getting better.

Why has this effected my activity you ask? Well, the pain in my leg is unbelievably uncomfortable, I can barely sit or lie down or relax without it being painful. Whether I'm sitting down on a chair or couch with my laptop or whether I'm lying on my front on my bed, it's always painful. There are only certain weird and odd positions I can put my body in where I don't feel any pain or some sort of relief from the pain. And in these positions, it makes it awkward for me to be on a laptop.

May sound like an odd reason but there it is. I have been to the doctors and they have referred me to a physiotherapist. The most important thing for me right now is to get better and doing stuff like even relaxing to watch TV or play computer games puts me in so much pain. I don't even think about that sort of stuff. Hopefully it will get better soon.

@Viazon That sucks, dude. I suffer from sciatic pain as well. Sitting is the worst, I'm only comfortable sitting if the chair has perfect back support. Alcohol helps to numb the pain, a couple beers in and I can sit almost anywhere. The key is to not become dependent on substance or comfort for that matter.

When in pain, I often think of this:

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Hanley! » Nov 05, '15, 12:55 pm

Sorry to hear about that, Viazon. Hopefully you're doing better soon.

It's hard to encourage activity on a wrestling site when people are bored of wrestling or not watching it at all. This is always the worst time of the year for it really, and every year that WWE fails to pull itself out of its slump it's going to be a bit worse than the previous month.

Also, while I wouldn't discourage anyone from frequent posting anywhere on the site, I think I'm less enthusiastic about participating on here around this time of year where it often feels like the only thing people are talking about is American Football. I don't think there's any avoiding that though - and it's not really a problem if the other sections are active, they're just not at the moment. And I think that's mostly down to people being a bit bored of wrestling right now.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby SlightlyJames » Nov 05, '15, 2:03 pm

UTK wrote:

Oh snap, I forgot about that, to be honest. I'll still do it if it's going to happen.

Yeah, @UTK @JDD @Everlong @Hanley! @EmperorWu if you guys still want to go ahead and submit an entry we can go ahead and do it. I'm sure poor @Kein would appreciate some company. :lol

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Hanley! » Nov 05, '15, 2:14 pm

I forgot all about it, man. Sorry about that, I'll send something in soon. This whole getting married thing is a little time consuming. :P

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby prophet » Nov 05, '15, 2:24 pm

I'm not really sure. I've not been posting as much lately simply due to the fact I'm doing more hours at work and so I don't really feel like talking about wrestling when I come home, largely due to the fact the WWE is pretty boring right now and my enthusiasm for it is waning, I expect that to change come January with the Royal Rumble.

The EPL section has been pretty dead lately which sucks. There was period where we had a good number of us constantly talking football in there, I think the fact most of our teams are either doing horribly or in a completely different/lower league doesn't help in that regard :lol

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534

Postby SlightlyJames » Nov 05, '15, 2:27 pm

prophet wrote:The EPL section has been pretty dead lately which sucks. There was period where we had a good number of us constantly talking football in there, I think the fact most of our teams are either doing horribly or in a completely different/lower league doesn't help in that regard :lol

The fact you refer to it as the EPL section sums it up entirely for me. I was doing writeups on Rangers for a few weeks but nobody gave a single shit so I stopped. So talking about football is pretty much off the table for me. Nobody's too bothered about wrestling right now so that's gone. Most of the games I want to talk about get blanked as well, with most of the chat being about stuff like Fallout, Battlefront etc. and I'm tired of being the cynical dude who comes in and says they probably won't be that good. It's difficult to find anything to talk about right now. :(

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby prophet » Nov 05, '15, 2:40 pm

SlightlyJames wrote:
prophet wrote:The EPL section has been pretty dead lately which sucks. There was period where we had a good number of us constantly talking football in there, I think the fact most of our teams are either doing horribly or in a completely different/lower league doesn't help in that regard :lol

The fact you refer to it as the EPL section sums it up entirely for me. I was doing writeups on Rangers for a few weeks but nobody gave a single shit so I stopped. So talking about football is pretty much off the table for me. Nobody's too bothered about wrestling right now so that's gone. Most of the games I want to talk about get blanked as well, with most of the chat being about stuff like Fallout, Battlefront etc. and I'm tired of being the cynical dude who comes in and says they probably won't be that good. It's difficult to find anything to talk about right now. :(

Admittedly I was one that didn't seem to give a shit about Rangers but in fairness nobody gives a fuck when I ramble on about Bradford :P

How about...how about we create one thread, for our respective clubs, in which we post our thoughts after each game and vent about our seasons? I promise I'll show interest in Rangers if you can reciprocate the feeling for the mighty Bantams :lol

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534

Postby Str8Shooter » Nov 05, '15, 2:48 pm

Are we sure that Tim didn't pull a Tonya Harding on Seth Rollins do get WWE discussion up?

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby SlightlyJames » Nov 05, '15, 3:02 pm

prophet wrote:
SlightlyJames wrote:

Admittedly I was one that didn't seem to give a shit about Rangers but in fairness nobody gives a fuck when I ramble on about Bradford :P

How about...how about we create one thread, for our respective clubs, in which we post our thoughts after each game and vent about our seasons? I promise I'll show interest in Rangers if you can reciprocate the feeling for the mighty Bantams :lol

Probably no need for separate threads on them, I'd imagine the monthly football thread will do fine. I still doubt I'll post as regularly as the beginning of the season now that we're into the meat of it and it's all a bit less new but I suppose I can lay down the odd post here and there is someone's reading it, at least. I don't see you post about Bradford much at all but if you start to I'll take a look and offer any insight I have.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby PorkChop » Nov 05, '15, 4:50 pm

I haven't been very active lately, I haven't had as much time as usual. I'll get making a few threads this weekend should I get a bit of spare time.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Romo » Nov 06, '15, 6:05 pm

I find myself not logging in anymore other then to see if anything has been spoken about, it's become almost a pointless task creating topics because of the most part they get little to no activity and the only time it seems posts are being made is when there is a brainless argument going on.

Romo Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 225

Postby War Daddy » Nov 06, '15, 8:45 pm

We need more Kanye.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby SlightlyJames » Nov 06, '15, 9:01 pm

War Daddy wrote:We need more Kanye.

Kanye is a bitch

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Next

Return to Forum Info and Discussion