It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 4:19 pm

State of the Site: Your thoughts wanted

This is the forum where admin/moderator announcements and any discussion about the forums should take place.

Re: State of the Site: Your thoughts wanted

Postby JPG619 » Jul 23, '15, 3:41 pm

Circled Square wrote:
PorkChop wrote:We have too many people here who don't make topics. This has always been a problem, even during WWE-Club. I love you guys, but there are too many of you who don't give anything to the site. I see people keep going on about how great the community here is, but this community won't exist anymore if the same handful of people have to make topics just so we can stay afloat. If you love this place so much and want to continue coming here, then give something back.

I've made quite a few topics here.

Yeah I made topics too most of them got 0 replies but I tried.

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 29

Postby GNR » Jul 23, '15, 8:00 pm

I think strength is definitely the sense of community and quality of posting on here, that's something that's always been the best part of this place. However, I've been gone for a while and I guess I missed the memo when we rebranded to SquaredCircle, as it was PubTalkForum when I was a regular after WWE-Club went down.

Why exactly did we rebrand? From what I remember, a lot people didn't even watch WWE anymore and that's why we decided not to make this a wrestling-centered forum, but I guess that's different now, but why exactly? Also isn't SquaredCircle the name of the wrestling subreddit? :lol

I think if growth is what we're trying to achieve then being a wrestling-first forum isn't the best way to go about that, but I've been gone for a while, so maybe that's already been addressed. Community and quality is still great, but I agree with Porkchop that more discussions should be created, and that's something I think we need to take on as a community.

GNR Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 18

Postby Circled Square » Jul 23, '15, 8:14 pm

Well I didn't sign up for PubTalk because fuck that shit I came here for wrasslin' and the rest is just extra. So maybe you guys should have kept it PubTalk. It's like Circled Square repellent. :lol

I'd be down for a name-change, I don't browse plebbit so IDGAF about it being named after a sub-reddit, but others do ofc so maybe changing the name would be a good idea. :asslicker

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby VaderBomb » Jul 23, '15, 11:14 pm

Circled Square wrote:
Everlong wrote:Yeah, getting back into the blogging stuff is one thing I definitely want to focus on more. Taking posts from here, or having people from here write stuff to go on the front page. Course I've been havnig a hard enough time keeping up to date with Novacritic stuff lately :lol

VaderBomb, Matteo, Hanley, I could see those three being good at writing articles. James would be good, too. Or Messiah. There's a lot of people here capable of making detailed articles.

Now-a-days everybody wanna talk like they got somethin' to say
But nothin' comes out when they move their lips
Just a bunch of gibberish
And motherfuckers act like they forgot about Daz

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 24, '15, 7:49 am

GNR wrote:I think if growth is what we're trying to achieve then being a wrestling-first forum isn't the best way to go about that, but I've been gone for a while, so maybe that's already been addressed. Community and quality is still great, but I agree with Porkchop that more discussions should be created, and that's something I think we need to take on as a community.

We went with a wrestling direction because it's the one link that everybody here has really. People talked about being something else, but what would you be? General interest forums aren't going to grow, and what else could you specialize in? The WWE section is still probably the most active, and there's a big online wrestling community. It makes sense to me anyway.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby GNR » Jul 24, '15, 10:00 am

Str8Shooter wrote:
GNR wrote:I think if growth is what we're trying to achieve then being a wrestling-first forum isn't the best way to go about that, but I've been gone for a while, so maybe that's already been addressed. Community and quality is still great, but I agree with Porkchop that more discussions should be created, and that's something I think we need to take on as a community.

We went with a wrestling direction because it's the one link that everybody here has really. People talked about being something else, but what would you be? General interest forums aren't going to grow, and what else could you specialize in? The WWE section is still probably the most active, and there's a big online wrestling community. It makes sense to me anyway.

I mean I think a sports forum could work, if I remember correctly we had a separate sports forum back in the old days and that went along well, and the combined sports section has 18,757 posts at the time I'm writing this whereas WWE has 18,733. The Pub has 19,478, so it doesn't look like WWE is necessarily the most active, but at the same time I guess that would alienate a lot of the members that don't follow sports and only come here for wrestling so I guess I understand that. Was there a greater spike of activity around Wrestlemania season?

GNR Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 18

Postby Hanley! » Jul 24, '15, 10:57 am

I think sports is too broad a category to pick up a lot of new members though. WWE is more specific, so people are more likely to find this forum when searching for it. If we're competing with all sports sites, then there's far too much competition out there to really break any ground.

It is alienating to a lot of the members here too. I watch rugby but very few others here do. Discussion tends to be more centered around things like football. If we made a full push to just concentrate on sports, I probably wouldn't last very long, and I doubt I'd be the only one.

I think wrestling does make the most sense really. I mean, it's the only thing that we all have in common. Not all of us still watch it, but at least all of us have watched it at some point.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby VaderBomb » Jul 24, '15, 11:02 am

Plus if we turn into a sports forum, we'll get flooded with a ton of gamer nerds, amiright? :P

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby SortaCreative » Jul 24, '15, 12:08 pm

VaderBomb wrote:Plus if we turn into a sports forum, we'll get flooded with a ton of gamer nerds, amiright? :P

IT'S NOT A SPORT. ALL THEY DO IS SIT ON THEIR BUTTS.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Headlesspete » Jul 24, '15, 1:26 pm

I think we definitely need to stick to a wrestling site first and foremost, just because as others have mentioned, its a great way for us to promote ourselves and is the sole thing everyone on here has in common.

I'd love to see more wrestling stuff on here in terms of discussion. Obviously I've been away for a while so i can't really complain, but its what got me hooked on here before. I think when the wrestling side is buzzing, the entire forum picks up. Its a shame WWE has been in such a rut for so long, because we really do require them to put on an entertaining show for us to talk about. There's only so many "Anti-Cena" threads i can make before i get bored. :lol

I will say I'd be interested in starting a form of the WWDG at some point. I wanna settle back in first before committing, but if the interest was there, maybe that's something that could happen.

And while I'm here, just wanna say a massive thanks to everyone who runs and keeps this site going. You do an awesome job! :)

Headlesspete None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 61

Previous

Return to Forum Info and Discussion