It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 9:49 am

ANNOUNCEMENT: What to expect when the forum is "closed"

This is the forum where admin/moderator announcements and any discussion about the forums should take place.

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: What to expect when the forum is "closed"

Postby ShaneOfan » Nov 24, '13, 8:50 am

HFX wrote:Tim do you have a back up copy of my altair sig and AV? You made them but it was FOREVER ago.

If not I backed them up for you. SInce I am a nice guy like that. And just learned how to do it so now I am feeling computer savvy!

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 260

Postby Everlong » Nov 24, '13, 11:17 am

I do have backups of any sig I've made since 2010, but it never hurts to save them on your own computer as well just in case.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby HFX » Nov 24, '13, 4:22 pm

ShaneOfan wrote:
HFX wrote:Tim do you have a back up copy of my altair sig and AV? You made them but it was FOREVER ago.

If not I backed them up for you. SInce I am a nice guy like that. And just learned how to do it so now I am feeling computer savvy!

Thank-you man :tim

I'm pretty bad at computery things so yaaaa....... I can open Adium/Skype(sometimes) and Firefox. That's about as technical as I can get. I have to run to my best friend whenever ANYTHING weird happens with my computer :lol

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby Everlong » Nov 24, '13, 11:36 pm

Just a note, we're getting quite close. Forum features and mods are basically done, and Locke is finishing up the skin/format of the new site. So it could be any day now that we shut down this site. Unsure how long we'll be down, but just wanted to make sure you all know it's coming.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Locke » Nov 25, '13, 8:58 pm

Skinning is taking me a bit longer than anticipated but I'm making some good progress. It still might take me a day or two more to perfect it, though, so I would imagine we'll leave things up for the holidays. It's really up to Tim, though. When I "finish," it'll be up to him when he sends the e-mail for a backup of this database. Once that e-mail goes out, this forum will go down and when the database has been moved to the new site, the link will pop up here and voila.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author
Topics: 137

Postby Twister » Nov 27, '13, 2:53 am

So exciting! Can't wait to get onto the new forum.

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby GameDesigner14 » Nov 27, '13, 9:58 am

Lots of gratitude towards Tim and Locke, I know that web design is alot of hard work and I know the new site is going to look awesome. Thank you Locke and Tim for making it possible.

GameDesigner14 Female
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 28

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Nov 27, '13, 12:09 pm

Any latest on closure?

Only reason I ask is for the English PL Predictions game and thinking get the next week fixtures up now to give people a chance and then when the closure happens and we're back up on a our new forum then anyone who hasn't posted predictions can do so. Also, how long will it be closed for?

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Everlong » Nov 27, '13, 12:12 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:Any latest on closure?

Only reason I ask is for the English PL Predictions game and thinking get the next week fixtures up now to give people a chance and then when the closure happens and we're back up on a our new forum then anyone who hasn't posted predictions can do so. Also, how long will it be closed for?

We're very close. We ran into a couple snags over the last couple days that made the process go a bit longer than expected, so that's why it hasn't happened yet, but we worked through those and now we're getting very close. However, given that tomorrow is Thanksgiving, we're probably looking at this coming weekend at least until we close this thing down.

Once we're closed, it's anyone's guess as to how long. It fully depends on how long it takes prophpbb support to send me a copy of the database, and then for us to get all the necessarily files imported onto the new site.

But basically where we stand right now is the new place is almost complete, we're really just putting the finishing touches on it right now.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Previous

Return to Forum Info and Discussion