It is currently: Mar 29, '24, 2:26 am

Bug Reports

This is the forum where admin/moderator announcements and any discussion about the forums should take place.

Re: Bug Reports

Postby xgamr » Dec 05, '13, 2:16 pm

can't add my gamertags with out getting 500 error

xgamr None specified
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 21

Postby rawisjericho » Dec 05, '13, 4:54 pm

I don't know if this is the proper topic to post this in, but I'm having a lot of problems every time I visit this site. First, I have no problem with the page loading when I click on my shortcut for this site, but after that I usually have to right click and "open link in new tab" about 10 times to get any page to open or post any replies. I always get "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to www.pubtalkforum.com", and it's very frustrating. I know it's gonna take me about a dozen tries to post this. I'm not too computer saavy, but I would really appreciate it if someone could please help. I love the new design and the skins on this site, but I can't enjoy it due to these problems :(

rawisjericho None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 7

Postby Everlong » Dec 05, '13, 5:01 pm

rawisjericho wrote:I don't know if this is the proper topic to post this in, but I'm having a lot of problems every time I visit this site. First, I have no problem with the page loading when I click on my shortcut for this site, but after that I usually have to right click and "open link in new tab" about 10 times to get any page to open or post any replies. I always get "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to http://www.pubtalkforum.com", and it's very frustrating. I know it's gonna take me about a dozen tries to post this. I'm not too computer saavy, but I would really appreciate it if someone could please help. I love the new design and the skins on this site, but I can't enjoy it due to these problems :(

That's really strange... I have no idea what the issue would be. Maybe try www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub? Maybe Locke has a better idea.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Locke » Dec 05, '13, 7:36 pm

The issue with the site being unusable on non-smart phones is basically this:

Any resolution under 1024x768 is going to see the site very incorrectly. There's not much I can do about it, either, old resolutions eventually have to be abandoned.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author
Topics: 137

Postby KaiserGlider » Dec 07, '13, 12:47 am

I'm not sure the "center" button/bbcode works. Text only seems to get centered if I click the Microsoft Word-style align center button in the upper part of the menu.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Daz » Dec 07, '13, 5:05 am

ShaneOfan wrote:
Hanley! wrote:I was on here on my mobile earlier and for some reason quite a bit of the left hand side of the screen was getting cut off. I'm not sure if it's happened to anybody else - I don't have a smartphone, so my mobile internet might not be as good as that of other people. But the site was basically unusable for me when I tried it.

yeah I had the same issue

I have the same problem on my laptop, unless the browser window is maximized. everything justifies and aligns to the right hand side, so most of the left is cut off, and there's no way to scroll back and forth. not much of a bug, but a little annoyance.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Everlong » Dec 07, '13, 10:28 am

KaiserGlider wrote:I'm not sure the "center" button/bbcode works. Text only seems to get centered if I click the Microsoft Word-style align center button in the upper part of the menu.

Yeah, [center] doesn't exist any more. You need the old WWE-Club code which was:
Code: Select all
[align=center]words[/align]

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Locke » Dec 07, '13, 10:52 am

rawisjericho wrote:I don't know if this is the proper topic to post this in, but I'm having a lot of problems every time I visit this site. First, I have no problem with the page loading when I click on my shortcut for this site, but after that I usually have to right click and "open link in new tab" about 10 times to get any page to open or post any replies. I always get "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to http://www.pubtalkforum.com", and it's very frustrating. I know it's gonna take me about a dozen tries to post this. I'm not too computer saavy, but I would really appreciate it if someone could please help. I love the new design and the skins on this site, but I can't enjoy it due to these problems :(

Has this issue cleared up any? I opened a support ticket with our webhosting but have not heard anything back, which is very unlike GoDaddy. I believe it to be locational/DNS related, which is nothing I nor Tim can control.

Again, the people with resolution problems, I hate to be a dick but for God's sake, 1024x768 is the new 680x460, it hasn't been the "average" resolution since Windows XP.. in 1999!! Please, at least up your resolutions to 1280x800.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Daz » Dec 07, '13, 11:10 am

I'm not sure it's a resolution problem, namely because m resolution is 1280x800. I think it has more to do with the fact the control panel etc. is justified to the right side of the page, so when the window isn't maximized, the focus for lack of a better term, sticks to that side.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Locke » Dec 09, '13, 1:03 pm

Yes, this layout definitely relies on justified alignments. It's a lot of CSS code that I don't fully understand. I'm a very "old school" HTML web designer. I still make web designs to this day that use old old HTML code and do everything the new fancy CSS codes do, but it works on all other browsers. However, because this is a PHP/CSS merged script, when I try to replace the CSS with HTML that I know -should- work, it doesn't. So what ends up happening is people with computers that aren't from 99 get a really bizarre f'd up looking page while people who don't maximize or use small resolutions see it normally. I know statistically that more view with higher resolutions, so I have to make a choice on what group sees it "incorrectly" so I chose the smaller group.

Keep the bug reports/suggestions rolling in, folks. I will get to fixing them soon. Unfortunately, due to my surgery in early October, my immune system has taken a big hit and living with a wife who works in a clinic and a child that goes to a pre-school, on top of being a Barber where (for some insane reason) people love getting haircuts while sick, I've been very ill for a couple of weeks with no sign of improvement. The only solace or comfort I gain comes from drinking, which doesn't improve my immunity at all, and makes me too tired to fix anything.. :lol But eventually I WILL get well and I'll continue improving this place.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby PorkChop » Dec 20, '13, 8:14 am

YouTube code doesn't seem to be working for me.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby UTK » Jan 04, '14, 11:50 am

When I try to give rep to a post, it just scrolls me up to the top of the page. The thumbs aren't working.

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Westcoastvibes » Jan 04, '14, 1:05 pm

I have been getting a lot of lagging lately. When I click a link of any sorts I see the progress bar under the address get to about %25 then it stalls. Most of the time I have to force open the page repeatedly to get any progress. Sometimes I get a DNS failure page.
It does not appear to be a problem receiving the data but more of a communication issue between myself and the server. Its almost like the server is not receiving my requests.
Its not a huge deal, its just a bit annoying to wait minutes between page changes.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Jan 09, '14, 8:37 pm

I was trying to post pictures in the Soccer thread, page 31, in the hide box but when I posted and opened the hide box, it just said image. Everything's right etc with the hide and image codes...

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby PorkChop » Jan 30, '14, 5:36 pm

Stickied topics come up with the image for no new posts on the main page, even when there are new posts.

The PubTalk Super Bowl Extravaganza! thread is saying that there's no new posts and the icon is grey on the main page, but when I view the active topics, the icon is coloured and there are new posts. But returning to the board index page again, the icon is grey, saying there's no new posts.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Everlong » Jan 30, '14, 8:06 pm

PorkChop wrote:Stickied topics come up with the image for no new posts on the main page, even when there are new posts.

The PubTalk Super Bowl Extravaganza! thread is saying that there's no new posts and the icon is grey on the main page, but when I view the active topics, the icon is coloured and there are new posts. But returning to the board index page again, the icon is grey, saying there's no new posts.

I've noticed that too, and I'm not sure why that is. This has only been happening with Global Announcements. I'll check later tonight and see what the deal is.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Twister » Feb 26, '14, 5:19 pm

I get this message with Google Chrome sometimes. I've found that deleting my history, cookies, cache etc sorts the problem out. I've found that it's a Chrome issue rather than a specific website being the problem. Don't suppose you've tried that?

(Just realized the quoted post is from December, oh well)

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 56

Postby DanielsonTHAGOAT » Apr 08, '14, 7:00 pm

Locke's reputation points.

DanielsonTHAGOAT Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 155

Postby Locke » Apr 08, '14, 8:15 pm

DanielsonTHAGOAT wrote:Locke's reputation points.

Feature 8)

I was messing with the settings and wanted to see how long it took for people to catch on. But hey, since I built this place and like no one but Kaiser (bless 'em) gives me rep, I think it should stay. Yeah? No? Just me? My dad? Anyone?

Alright alright, I'll fix it.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Locke » Apr 10, '14, 11:28 pm

Because of the amount of new features added to the forums, please be on the watch-out for new bugs or possibly ultra slow server behavior. If nothing is noticed, then there's no need to respond here. Thanks :D

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Info and Discussion