It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 7:19 am

The new site is HERE!

This is the forum where admin/moderator announcements and any discussion about the forums should take place.

Re: The new site is HERE!

Postby Locke » Feb 13, '15, 2:30 pm

I think the box looks "fatter" to people because the links used to be on a mug and the font was larger.. The mug itself was skinny but the inclusion of the handle set the dimensions, but that broke up the size to the eye. Now it's just a box of said dimensions with a lot smaller text, it makes it look really fat.

Still, I think it looks fine, and I like the belt. But I can understand where people might get the idea it's bigger.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 137

Postby Twister » Feb 13, '15, 4:42 pm

Ohh I like it, nice work.

The only thing I'm not so keen on is the belt on the side menu, I think it would look better if it was just text. But that really is just a minor thing I can totally live with it. Overall it's looking great, here's to a new era :cheers

Twister Female
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 56

Postby EmperorWu » Feb 13, '15, 4:44 pm

Am I the only one who likes the belt?

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby Everlong » Feb 13, '15, 4:57 pm

EmperorWu wrote:Am I the only one who likes the belt?

I like it, so it stays :P

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Postby Locke » Feb 13, '15, 5:05 pm

I like it, too!

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby Matteo » Feb 13, '15, 5:32 pm

The new site looks fantastic.

Matteo Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 195

Postby Hanley! » Feb 13, '15, 5:36 pm

I kinda think even just having the text alone on the right would look better. Particularly if the background could be transparent so they'd just look like regular links.

Another nitpick: the icon that now appears on my favourites bar is grey and looks a bit like a broken link icon. Something a bit cleaner or with a bit more colour would look better. It's a minor thing though, so maybe it's too much effort to change.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Feb 13, '15, 5:38 pm

Great work @Everlong and @Locke New home looks smooth!

P.S Keep the WHC for me but could put an old school belt on maybe, like the undisputed WWE Championship from 2002 which has a gold/black colour scheme which might not be as "out there" as the WHC..?

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Westcoastvibes » Feb 13, '15, 10:53 pm

I am still getting some sort of aspect ratio issue with the background and my tablet. The background ends halfway through the control panel leaving a white background. It does the same on the bottom also, I would do a print screen to show but I don't know how :lol

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby EmperorWu » Feb 14, '15, 7:37 pm

Is there a way to set it so that it automatically notifies people when you rep them? I always forget to check that little box.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby Everlong » Feb 14, '15, 11:43 pm

EmperorWu wrote:Is there a way to set it so that it automatically notifies people when you rep them? I always forget to check that little box.

I think it always does no matter what, right? I've never been not notified when someone gave me rep. I think the notification refers to giving them a PM notification in addition to the little rep pop up.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby EmperorWu » Feb 15, '15, 7:05 pm

I just got a weird glitch. Someone gave me a rep point and now it keeps popping up with the message every time I refresh the page in any way shape or form. I've gotten it like close to 20 times. :lol Restarting my browser didn't work.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Everlong » Feb 15, '15, 8:44 pm

EmperorWu wrote:I just got a weird glitch. Someone gave me a rep point and now it keeps popping up with the message every time I refresh the page in any way shape or form. I've gotten it like close to 20 times. :lol Restarting my browser didn't work.

That happened to Messiah earlier today too, and I have no idea what the glitch is. I told him to press F5 and it cleared up the problem, so maybe that'll work for you too.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Feb 16, '15, 5:27 am

Not sure if this is related to the refresh but was having big problems logging in on Saturday night.

Put my password in which I felt was correct but kept rejecting it. I didn't receive a password reset to my e-mai either. Porky sorted it out for me I believe through the SC Twitter (if Porky's still helping maintain it) but bizarre.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Everlong » Feb 16, '15, 8:13 am

AkydefGoldberg wrote:Not sure if this is related to the refresh but was having big problems logging in on Saturday night.

Put my password in which I felt was correct but kept rejecting it. I didn't receive a password reset to my e-mai either. Porky sorted it out for me I believe through the SC Twitter (if Porky's still helping maintain it) but bizarre.

That was me :P

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Tim » Feb 16, '15, 11:18 pm

New site looks good guys, great work!

Tim Male
Gym Rat
Gym Rat

Postby UTK » Feb 16, '15, 11:23 pm

I definitely enjoy the new design.

EDIT: I made a series of snarky jokes that don't make sense because the problems I was joking about were not the site's fault, they were my wifi's.

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby EmperorWu » Feb 25, '15, 7:40 am

I was looking at the blog posts on the home page, I didn't even know there were so many. Anyway I have two recommendations.

For those of us that go directly to the forums, It'd be nice to know when a new article has been written in an obvious easy to spot way.

Also it would be cool if the articles had a graphic or header or whatever. on the main page before you actually expand the article. Something visual to attract you, instead of just a bunch of text.

EDIT: Oh one more. I don't know if this is a stretch from a technical stand point. But could we comment directly to the article if we're already registered on the forums, instead of having to enter your email and other info.

It looks like some of the blogs are post on here. It would be cool to know who wrote them. But oh well it's not a big deal if they're all forum posts since I would see them here anyway.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Everlong » Feb 25, '15, 7:55 am

^I haven't been notifying people about new posts on here mostly because they're just taken from what people post on the site. However, if people want to start writing stuff specifically for the blog that'd be fantastic. I know Taj has been interested in doing it.

As far as commenting on the blogs... I've been looking for a plugin to make integration between the blog and Phpbb a bit more seamless, but there aren't a whole lot of options out there. I'll see what I can do.

Also, for the last post I wrote that it was by Viazon and Str8Shooter. I'll try to continue to credit the original author with every post.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Previous

Return to Forum Info and Discussion