It is currently: May 23, '24, 3:48 am

The new site is HERE!

This is the forum where admin/moderator announcements and any discussion about the forums should take place.

The new site is HERE!

Postby Everlong » Feb 12, '15, 1:59 pm

I'm currently in the process of forwarding all PubTalk domain links to our new site, http://www.squaredcircle.net.

Everything should work if you jump over to the new site, but there are still a few things I'm working on.

Use this thread to give your thoughts and let me know if there's anything that needs fixing.

Let's begin the next era of our community! Can't wait. :tim

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: The new site is HERE!

Postby HFX » Feb 12, '15, 2:28 pm

If Wrestling is your intended focus for this site should it not be listed above the beloved sports sections?

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 43

Postby Everlong » Feb 12, '15, 2:29 pm

HFX wrote:If Wrestling is your intended focus for this site should it not be listed above the beloved sports sections?

Yeah, working on all that next. I just wanted to get the layout all done, the rest is easy.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby HFX » Feb 12, '15, 2:35 pm

Gotcha, just something I noticed while browsing and thought I'd comment on it.

The Pub still sounds suitable for a place to talk about random stuff but maybe rename Pub Talk: The Game since we're no longer PTF? Perhaps The Pub Game?

Thanks Tim for the great sig and avy.

#TIM2020
Make America Tim Again
HFX Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 43

Postby PorkChop » Feb 12, '15, 2:38 pm

Yeah, we'll have to rename a lot of sections.

I like the new site, looks good.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Everlong » Feb 12, '15, 2:39 pm

HFX wrote:Gotcha, just something I noticed while browsing and thought I'd comment on it.

The Pub still sounds suitable for a place to talk about random stuff but maybe rename Pub Talk: The Game since we're no longer PTF? Perhaps The Pub Game?

Yeah me and @prophet and @Hanley! have been trying to figure out new name ideas, so any suggestions are welcome. I'll put up a new topic in the game forum.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby EmperorWu » Feb 12, '15, 4:12 pm

I didn't get an email about the new site, and the old website doesn't work anymore. If I hadn't been online for a few days I'd have no idea what happened. I'm afraid we may lose some people who just assume the site went down permanently.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby Everlong » Feb 12, '15, 4:18 pm

EmperorWu wrote:I didn't get an email about the new site, and the old website doesn't work anymore. If I hadn't been online for a few days I'd have no idea what happened. I'm afraid we may lose some people who just assume the site went down permanently.

Still working on figuring out how to point the domain here. Right now if you to go pubtalkforum.com it'll take you here, but I can't figure out how to make it so that any link at that domain will take you here.

You didn't get an email alert saying you had a PM from here?

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby EmperorWu » Feb 12, '15, 4:31 pm

Nope nothing.

EDIT: I got the message when I logged in here, but I literally just got the email notification as I was typing this reply. :lol

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Postby Everlong » Feb 12, '15, 4:34 pm

haha well glad you go tthe notification, and I know it reached other people. I'm still working on finding the right way to redirect everything though. For some reason when I try to redirect from www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub to www.squaredcircle.net, it sends me to www.squaredcircle.net/thepub, which does not exist.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby EmperorWu » Feb 12, '15, 4:41 pm

I can't tell if there's a new post or not based on that bell graphic. It doesn't seem to change color.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Everlong » Feb 12, '15, 4:54 pm

EmperorWu wrote:I can't tell if there's a new post or not based on that bell graphic. It doesn't seem to change color.

Yeah, working on fixing that. For some reason that's been a problem with global announcements on both this site and the old one.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Feb 12, '15, 4:55 pm

Hey just a small FYI, it doesn't seem to work to log on automatically each time I visit this site even though I click on that option.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Everlong » Feb 12, '15, 5:23 pm

The Legend wrote:Hey just a small FYI, it doesn't seem to work to log on automatically each time I visit this site even though I click on that option.

@SlightlyJames how did you fix this?

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Everlong » Feb 12, '15, 5:26 pm

@The Legend I just did something with the cookies in the admin control panel so that the new domain is our cookie host rather than pubtalk, hopefully that should help.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby SlightlyJames » Feb 12, '15, 5:38 pm

My initial solution was to bookmark the site as it was directly after I signed in with a string of random characters after it that I didn't understand and I that worked initially but when I tried to respond to this I got a prompt to sign in again so it's not really a permanent solution. :(

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Everlong » Feb 12, '15, 5:39 pm

SlightlyJames wrote:My initial solution was to bookmark the site as it was directly after I signed in with a string of random characters after it that I didn't understand and I that worked initially but when I tried to respond to this I got a prompt to sign in again so it's not really a permanent solution. :(

That could have had to do with me changing the cookie host.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Feb 12, '15, 6:34 pm

Everlong wrote:@The Legend I just did something with the cookies in the admin control panel so that the new domain is our cookie host rather than pubtalk, hopefully that should help.

Yeah, it seems better now. For the moment at least.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Westcoastvibes » Feb 12, '15, 6:59 pm

FYI the auto redirect does not work. It just says domain error, not authorized with no mention of a new domain name.

Maybe set a "we have moved, here is the new link if not redirected" homepage for pub talk and leave it up for a month or so?

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby Everlong » Feb 12, '15, 7:16 pm

Westcoastvibes wrote:FYI the auto redirect does not work. It just says domain error, not authorized with no mention of a new domain name.

Maybe set a "we have moved, here is the new link if not redirected" homepage for pub talk and leave it up for a month or so?

I've been working on the redirect for five hours. We'll get it fixed.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Next

Return to Forum Info and Discussion