It is currently: May 03, '24, 7:20 pm

PubTalk Posts Per Day Statistics over time (graph)

This is the forum where admin/moderator announcements and any discussion about the forums should take place.

PubTalk Posts Per Day Statistics over time (graph)

Postby Everlong » Jan 21, '15, 4:57 pm

Was trying to get a sense of our usership. Here's a graph of average posts per day by month since we opened the new forum:

Clearly, we have some work to do to get activity back up. I encourage everyone to keep posting new topics and in existing threads to keep this place active. The more active the site is, the more Google will have to pick up on its search engines and the more likely people will find us!

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: PubTalk Posts Per Day Statistics over time (graph)

Postby Locke » Jan 21, '15, 5:10 pm

What were we doing different in April 2014 than we're doing in January 2015?

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 137

Postby Everlong » Jan 21, '15, 5:12 pm

Locke wrote:What were we doing different in April 2014 than we're doing in January 2015?

A big part of it was WrestleMania. General excitement surrounding the Daniel Bryan storyline, the Undertaker losing his streak, everything sort of exploded at the beginning of the month and carried for a couple weeks.

We also had more people that were regularly posting. We're still seeing generally the same amount of people sign in on a regular basis, but those people are saying less than they were in months past.

Basically, we need more active regular users, as well as more new users to come in and be active. All of which is easier said than done, of course.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby EmperorWu » Jan 22, '15, 5:37 am

It's a little discouraging when you make topics and next to no one responds. I know that was an issue on the other forum. I'll definitely try to post on topics more if I have anything to say. But regardless of which side of the coin you're on you can't really manufacture interest. Not to say there isn't plenty on most topics.

So is there anyway to kind of get the word out about this place that wouldn't require a huge investment of money? Getting fresh ideas in here might inspire those regular guys who lurk to participate more.

I know I've tried to help already by word of mouth to a couple of my coworkers, but I didn't help any I'm sure. :lol

Also maybe we can brainstorm some ideas to entice people to stick around when those boom times like Mania come around.

EmperorWu Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 62

Postby Everlong » Jan 22, '15, 7:45 am

^We were doing some social media stuff in the past, and I think we need to get back into that and really stick to it. Same with the blog that we have on the home page for the site. These are things that definitely improve our visibility but we need to be consistent in the ways that we use them.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Locke » Jan 22, '15, 8:19 am

I already invited all of my friends and I only got one little aZn dude out of it.. :lol Now where did @Kein go? :D

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby Everlong » Feb 13, '15, 11:09 am

We're definitely on an upswing in January and February, with February (so far) being our most active month since last June. Keep it up people :tim

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby Kein » Feb 13, '15, 11:40 am

I am right here. Still around, but definitely less than I was around the summer. Holidays took a lot of my time and when people find things to do it can get hard to go back to what you were previously doing. i have been meaning to come by and post more though. At least we are all still checking in though right?

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Return to Forum Info and Discussion