It is currently: May 03, '24, 1:48 pm

Renewal of hosting and domain: please read

This is the forum where admin/moderator announcements and any discussion about the forums should take place.

Renewal of hosting and domain: please read

Postby Everlong » Oct 25, '14, 11:42 pm

Hey guys,

So as you've heard me mention before, it's just about time for me to renew our hosting and domain services. What I didn't realize was that it gets quite a bit more expensive after the first year. I paid about $65 total for the first year of hosting and domain service because I got it on a special. The total cost to renew the hosting for a year and the domain for two would be around $150.

This brings me to my next point. I've always been hesitant to ask for donations because I hate asking people for money. However, given the fact that I'm working on planning a wedding, just bought a new computer and have a variety of other commitments, I'd really appreciate any help that I can get.

My goal would be to get $85 in donations, which would equal me paying the same amount that I paid for the first year. I am, of course, more than willing to pay more. However, I don't want ANYONE to feel pressured into giving any kind of money or like I'm expecting anyone to do this. In the end, I'm going to renew the subscription no matter what, and the site will continue to be here. But even 2 or 3 bucks from the regular visitors of the site would more than meet that goal.

If you're feeling generous this Halloween season, donations can be made to my paypal account, which is (gonna spell it out with spaces here to avoid spambots) t j b a c k e s @ g m a i l . c o m. I will reward all donors with very large quantities of rep and my gratitude, haha.

Again, I am NOT expecting you to donate, and I feel extremely uncomfortable even making this kind of post, but with the rates going up the way they are it'd be really great to get some help. Also, if a circumstance arises in which I'm closing in on going over the goal that I've put down, I will let you guys know immediately. The last thing I want is for anyone to think that I'm profiting off of this.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Thanks guys!

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Renewal of hosting and domain: please read

Postby VaderBomb » Oct 26, '14, 12:41 am

I'll donate $10-$20 depending on the turnout, Tim. Give me a couple days to put money in my girlfriend's account. Never gave a cent to Bryan, but this is worthy.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 177

Postby Matteo » Oct 26, '14, 3:06 am

I sent $18.

The was all the money I had in my PayPal account. I'm not sure if I did it right because it's been ages since I've done an online transaction, so hopefully you got it. Let me know if you did.

Thank you for continuing to run this fantastic site and to all the members, too. Hope this little bit helped. I'll try and give more if I can in the future.

Happy Halloween!

Matteo Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 195

Postby Viazon » Oct 26, '14, 5:21 am

I'm happy to donate a little bit of money.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Everlong » Oct 26, '14, 8:58 am

You guys are amazing, thank you so much! Yes [tag]Matteo[/tag ] it worked.

Seriously, I truly appreciate it. You guys rock.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby PorkChop » Oct 26, '14, 9:09 am

I'll chuck a few quid your way when I get paid, Tim. 8)

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby SlightlyJames » Oct 26, '14, 9:10 am

I'll probably be able to kick a fiver your way once I've been paid, right now I need all I've got for travel and stuff.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby CubsIn5 » Oct 26, '14, 9:40 am

I'll definitely donate.

CubsIn5 None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 14

Postby Camstud » Oct 26, '14, 10:22 am

Sorry it's not more but I'll send £5 over, not too blessed in that department at the moment!

Also, you don't need to feel uneasy about your post at all man. It's entirely accpetable.

prophet wrote:
HFX wrote:
Viazon wrote:Fuck Nandos. Go to the meat counter in Tescos. You can get a whole chicken for not that much. Ready cooked. Me and my friends used to get them all the time then just eat them in the car.

Man I always think you can't get more weird and then you say something else :lol

The image of Viazon and his equally odd mates all sat outside the supermarket eating chicken together in the car is too much :lol
Camstud None specified
B+ Player
B+ Player

Topics: 36

Postby Westcoastvibes » Oct 26, '14, 10:44 am

I can surely kick some over on the 31st when that number in my bank account magically goes up

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby GameDesigner14 » Oct 26, '14, 11:10 am

I'll send you some money when I get paid on Halloween :D

GameDesigner14 Female
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 28

Postby prophet » Oct 26, '14, 11:18 am

I get paid on Friday, will send 20/30 dollars your way sharpish.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Everlong » Oct 26, '14, 11:26 am

prophet wrote:I get paid on Friday, will send 20/30 dollars your way sharpish.

As much as I appreciate it, please don't feel like you need to give me that much money, that's a pretty significant chunk man.

But forreal, all you folks are awesome.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Postby RatedRBowler » Oct 26, '14, 12:45 pm

I don't make very much but I can probably do $10 tomorrow or Tuesday. This is a nice place, good community.

GO PACK GO!!!!!!!

Thanks to Tim for both of my awesome sigs!!
RatedRBowler Male
Jobber
Jobber

Topics: 4

Postby Westcoastvibes » Oct 26, '14, 5:41 pm

Everlong wrote:

As much as I appreciate it, please don't feel like you need to give me that much money, that's a pretty significant chunk man.

Maybe whatever gets sent that goes over could be used for improving the site? Or for an additional year, IDK. We are all willing to help out when needed and it's needed so I am sure we can put it to good use.

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 26, '14, 5:48 pm

Donated a fiver. Safe to say, I wouldn't have paid into the coffers of Eggers.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Kein » Oct 26, '14, 7:03 pm

Westcoastvibes wrote:
Everlong wrote:

Maybe whatever gets sent that goes over could be used for improving the site? Or for an additional year, IDK. We are all willing to help out when needed and it's needed so I am sure we can put it to good use.

It could also go into a pot for the next years renewal. *shrugs*

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Postby Kein » Oct 26, '14, 7:18 pm

Tim y u no accept payments from cards

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 15

Postby SortaCreative » Oct 26, '14, 8:42 pm

Kein wrote:Tim y u no accept payments from cards

ye :(

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Everlong » Oct 26, '14, 9:11 pm

Thanks so much guys!!

Westcoastvibes wrote:
Everlong wrote:

Yeah that'd be an idea, although I'm not expecting to get a huge amount. But if we do get to the point where it'd b ereasonable to do so, any extra I get will be put toward renewing two years at once.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topic Author

Next

Return to Forum Info and Discussion